Thread: offer

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default offer

This morning this came across, keeper pool 4 d men at all times 2 points for a goal 1 for assist
    My E. Staal, B. Richards and Liles for his Marleau, Hemsky and Legwand
    At first glance I do not like it just wanted some input
    Thanks guys

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re:offer

You won\'t like it any better at 2nd or 3rd glance either. It\'s a bad deal for you. The upside of Staal and Richards is greater than Marleau and Hemsky, and short term I\'d rather have Staal and Richards as well. Don\'t do it. This one isnt even close.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

This is a classic case of your opponent trying to buy low and sell high. Both Staal and Richards had sub-par seasons but I predict they will bounce back this year.
    Staal is young and will score a lot of goals, so in your league that makes him the best player in this deal, IMO.
    It\'s not a ridiculous offer but I wouldn\'t say he\'s offering enough to make make it a \"no-brainer\", which is what you want when someone is offering a trade.

good luck

b.

Dobber Sports Icon

No. Way.

I\'m not even in your league, and I already don\'t think much of this manager trying to trade with you...

He might be \"starting low\" but seriously, you have 2 if not 3 of the best guys involved in this trade. Hemsky is in scorer\'s hell right now, marleau is playing second fiddle in sj, and legwand is playing second fiddle in nashville.

He wants to get 2 top centers and a top defender by giving you depth guys...

DON\'T do this deal.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

blindedbyfear

This guy is going to be some competition for you, I\'d say. I mean, come on.

Marleau is on that awesome San Jose team. Hemsky is going to be on fire with Souray and Pitkanen on the PP with him. Legwand is just improving.

Staal won\'t get any better than he did 2 years ago, that Canes cup run was a fluke. And Richards, I mean, Lecavalier and St. Louis are where it\'s at.

This guy is doing you a favor, don\'t you see that? Liles is in it just to even it up.

Hopefully you could tell I was being hyperbolic. He is trying to buy low and sell high, and that\'s his right. If I was in need for some depth I might (*might*) think about Richards/Liles for Marleau/Hemsky. Then again, he wouldn\'t do that either.

I don\'t think it\'s an insulting offer, but it\'s not fair value. It looks like a lot of my first offers. Better on the surface than underneath. He obviously put some thought into it.

Luckily, you can expend very little thought in rejecting it.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i would be interested in seeing how the complete deal looks, instead of just from your perspective (maybe theres a way to balance it out for you...)

My experience in 3ways - someone always gets the short end of the stick.
    Under Construction

Dobber Sports Apprentice

lanky522 wrote:
    No. Way.

I\'m not even in your league, and I already don\'t think much of this manager trying to trade with you...

He might be \"starting low\" but seriously, you have 2 if not 3 of the best guys involved in this trade. Hemsky is in scorer\'s hell right now, marleau is playing second fiddle in sj, and legwand is playing second fiddle in nashville.

He wants to get 2 top centers and a top defender by giving you depth guys...

DON\'T do this deal.
    Agreed, except I wouldn\'t have repeated the second fiddle part :P I would have went with

and Legwand is \"Sitting Shotgun\" (I have been sitting here for 10 minutes trying to come up with something better...This is all I came up with, thats sad...):unsure:

Dobber Sports Genius

it\'s a starter offer,so unless you are willing to barter and work out a better deal for you , well then the start becomes the end!
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Icon

smoothfun wrote:
    it\'s a starter offer,so unless you are willing to barter and work out a better deal for you , well then the start becomes the end!
    you can definitely tell that he\'s coming in low, but if he made me this offer, I\'d shut down any talks... anyone that comes in that low is someone who doesn\'t respect you as a manager and/or won\'t come up high enough to make it worth your while anyways.

It\'s a slap in the face to start off trade talks with a deal this bad.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Stud

This is a guess but I am guessing that \"blinded by fear\" made the offer. :P

BFP: You cannot be serious. This is not even a starting point. The discussion would be very short.

Dobber Sports Ninja

While I would not accept that offer I wouldn\'t go so far as to be offended by it.

Dobber Sports Padawan

There\'s no offer that cant be countered. The idea that a bad offer should just be ignored is ridiculous. So the guy started low, starting a negotiation without any room to move is useless. all you\'re doing is setting yourself up to lose on the deal. If you counter and he continues to be ridiculous then there\'s reason to stop negotiations. A first offer is usually just that, a first offer.

Dobber Sports Stud

Jaymur: Let me try this again:

I am going to agree with the majority here. I do not consider that Marleau, Hemsky, Legwand is fair compensation for Staal, Richards and Richards and Liles. You can probably expect similar numbers from Marleau. I am not sure what you can expect from Legwand and Hemsky. Their teams have changed significantly. I would expect them to both have better years but not sure. Staal is only going to get better and will bounce back from his off (?) year. Richards will have another good year. Liles is a scoring defenceman. His numbers are going to go up. Colorado is a better team.

BFP: Please accept my apologies for my earlier comment. I did not intend to offend in any way. I was trying to say that \'based on what was offered in this trade that I would not have to think about it long\'. I did not intend to be disrespectful. My apolgies if my \'tone of voice\' was inappropriate.