Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Karlsson Rant

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Ultimate Karlsson Rant

What I've been wondering is that with getting the C is he trying to do to much and putting to much pressure on himself?

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by ds760 View Post
    Anyone thinks this guy is a good responsible defenceman is nuts. He's a great player but he's a forward and should be moved off the D. He kills his team far more then he benefits them playing D. There is no way anyone can possibly dispute this. True star D-men put up good points and play amazing D like Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo for example. Karlsson is a disaster because he wants to score like Brian Leetch and back check like Ovechkin. How about he plays like a responsible Dman first then lets see if the points come. If they don;t then so be it at least he's not a liability to his team. What a disaster.

I have to ask, how many times in the last, say, 12 months have you actually seen Karlsson play (live or on TV)? I'd be willing to bet very little, judging by these comments.

And you're comparing Karlsson to Shattenkirk, as the model of responsible Dmen? Karlsson and Shattenkirk both tend to have heavy o-zone starts, but Karlsson consistently plays against the very best opposition, while Shattenkirk is highly sheltered. Yet their overall Corsi numbers are similar. If Shattenkirk was playing top line opposition every night, instead of that role being assigned to AP and JBo, I think you'd start seeing some pretty bad Corsi and plus/minus numbers for Shatty. Karlsson, on the other hand, does not have an AP/JBo combo to spell him - that plus he has to bear the brunt of creating offense for his team, and that means pinching a lot.

Calling Karlsson a "disaster", and saying he backchecks like Ovechkin? Sorry, but it's hard to take you seriously bud.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

NHL TOTALS 325gp 66g 179a 245p +/- -33

The guy wins the Norris while being a liability on the ice. The morons voting should understand it's for the best defenceman in the league not the highest scoring. Ridiculous. No way in hell he deserved that. Perhaps the league should make a new trophy for the highest scoring D-man. He could win that without controversy.

Shouldn't a Norris winner be a responsible D-man lol! I guess that's to much to ask. Brutal!

Banned

Big Ev, take off your ugly Ottawa senators coloured glasses dude. Karlsson is decent at points that's it.

The fact he won a trophy is criminal. Weber should actually charge him with theft for that one.

The fact you are defending him like he's the second coming of Christ is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    anyone who agrees with this and calls him a forward is truly a moron. He's a defenceman. Period. If you think he's a liability to his team, your opinion is worthless. There's not much else to say. Give me Neg rep or whatever if you want, but moronic opinions from ignorant fans like this one are way too common.

the fact that you're implying he isn't a star dmen whereas a guy lik Shattenkirk is is hilarious. Try watching Karlsson for a long period before insulting him like that.
    -33 proves he's a liability. It's not an opinion it's a clear fact. Your arguments are opinions and should be dismissed if you believe other peoples opinions that differ from yours should be ignored. Don't like the shattenkirk comparison then use Pieterangelo or weber. They go up against other teams top lines every single game. Maybe Karlsson should learn from them and watch some game video. As for game video it shows how bad karlsson is. It's been beaten to death numerous times and analysed constantly after every game with video replay. Take the ottawa coloured glasses off and look at it objectively not as a fan boi.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Ottawa needs a shut-down pair bad to free up Karlsson. You can't ask him to be Karlsson and match up against the best players on the other team every night.
    14 team Roto Keeper (Auction) $$ League- 82 games played/position slot:
    $204 budget at draft, All players keepable @ increase of 20% previous year... (minimum $10 cost in yr3) and Max 2 goalies..
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, Shutouts

(= current year Keeper Cost)

C (3): Malkin ($29), Seguin ($33), Kuznetsov ($15)
    LW (3)- Dadonov ($2), Kreider ($10), Keller ($10)
    RW (3)- Wheeler ($18), E.Lindholm ($1), Anderson ($2)
    F (1)- All above, Sam Reinhart ($2)
    D (4)- Ekman Larsson ($15), Letang ($17), Burns ($22), Gudas ($4), Borowiecki ($2)

G: Holtby ($22), Lehner ($2), Campbell ($5), Darling ($1), Lundqvist ($25)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    I have to ask, how many times in the last, say, 12 months have you actually seen Karlsson play (live or on TV)? I'd be willing to bet very little, judging by these comments.

And you're comparing Karlsson to Shattenkirk, as the model of responsible Dmen? Karlsson and Shattenkirk both tend to have heavy o-zone starts, but Karlsson consistently plays against the very best opposition, while Shattenkirk is highly sheltered. Yet their overall Corsi numbers are similar. If Shattenkirk was playing top line opposition every night, instead of that role being assigned to AP and JBo, I think you'd start seeing some pretty bad Corsi and plus/minus numbers for Shatty. Karlsson, on the other hand, does not have an AP/JBo combo to spell him - that plus he has to bear the brunt of creating offense for his team, and that means pinching a lot.

Calling Karlsson a "disaster", and saying he backchecks like Ovechkin? Sorry, but it's hard to take you seriously bud.
    I'm glad somebody took the time to write this up. More patience to I have. This threading is turning rather comedic.

Look at the defence Karlsson is running with and look at St-Louis and Nashville. Look at his play in the olympics, against the world's best. I don't see any minus there.

I know its a rant thread, but a lil thinking would go a long way.
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    I'm glad somebody took the time to write this up. More patience to I have. This threading is turning rather comedic.

Look at the defence Karlsson is running with and look at St-Louis and Nashville. Look at his play in the olympics, against the world's best. I don't see any minus there.

I know its a rant thread, but a lil thinking would go a long way.
    My next rant thread will be Alex Semin...or maybe DDP. WHY DO I KEEP GOING BACK!?
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by ds760 View Post
    -33 proves he's a liability. It's not an opinion it's a clear fact.
    Plus minus is the worst stat to use to judge a player's defensive ability. Rookie mistake. -33 means that Ottawa sucks, not Karlsson.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H Keep 5 G, A, PPP, FOW, SOG, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,F,F,D,D,D,D,G,G,BN,BN,BN,BN,BN,IR+ ,IR+
    Keepers:
    Makar, J. Hughes, T. Meier, K. Connor, Ovechkin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tstinger View Post
    Ottawa needs a shut-down pair bad to free up Karlsson. You can't ask him to be Karlsson and match up against the best players on the other team every night.
    what a bullshit excuse.

weber, keith, chara in his prime, subban just to name a few don't seem to have a problem being shutdown guys and posting elite numbers across the board.

Banned

Remember Sandis Ozolinsh? He's basically a slightly better version of that...a little better offensively and an average defender.

If the Norris is truly for the "top defensive player who demonstrates throughout the season the greatest all-round ability in the position" then Karlsson should never win it any year that Shea Weber is healthy and doing what he always does. Not even close. But the NHL awards have become about politics and league marketability more than they are about awarding the most deserving each year.

The loss of Spezza has hurt the Sens far more than any homer will ever acknowledge...and to be fair I 'get' why they wanted him gone but you simply don't replace that hole with nothing and expect to be anywhere close to the same team. The Sens seem perpetually 2 steps forward, 3 steps back, with the odd 3-2 season mixed in. It's a down year and Karlsson (and his owners) are feeling it firsthand

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    It's a down year and Karlsson (and his owners) are feeling it firsthand
    He's on 66 point, 300+ shot pace and this is a down year? As a Karlsson owner, I'll gladly take that!
    10 Team Yahoo H2H Keep 5 G, A, PPP, FOW, SOG, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,F,F,D,D,D,D,G,G,BN,BN,BN,BN,BN,IR+ ,IR+
    Keepers:
    Makar, J. Hughes, T. Meier, K. Connor, Ovechkin

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    what a bullshit excuse.

weber, keith, chara in his prime, subban just to name a few don't seem to have a problem being shutdown guys and posting elite numbers across the board.
    Dutch, think about this. Weber had Suter, and now he has Josi, not to mention a rising Seth Jones. Keith has Seabrook, and an underrated Hjarlmarlsson. Chara had a very good Seidenberg for years and now has Hamilton, and last year had Boychuk too, not too shabby. Subban has Markov. And I'd say each of those teams has better forward support than Karlsson has had in Ottawa. Karlsson is going to be ridiculous (more so than he is now) when guys like Cowen and Ceci mature - or if he had Philips in his prime.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Remember Sandis Ozolinsh? He's basically a slightly better version of that...a little better offensively and an average defender.

I chalk this statement up to a few too many NFL Sunday brewskies.

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Dutch, think about this. Weber had Suter, and now he has Josi, not to mention a rising Seth Jones. Keith has Seabrook, and an underrated Hjarlmarlsson. Chara had a very good Seidenberg for years and now has Hamilton, and last year had Boychuk too, not too shabby. Subban has Markov. And I'd say each of those teams has better forward support than Karlsson has had in Ottawa. Karlsson is going to be ridiculous (more so than he is now) when guys like Cowen and Ceci mature - or if he had Philips in his prime.
    Karlsson was a top 10 draft pick this year and he'll be a top 10 pick next year. Still the best defenceman in fantasy.

Oh yea, and I agree with this /\
    Last edited by Stringer; November 2, 2014 at 10:51 PM. Reason: forgot to mention