Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Dat Goalie Controversy in Anaheim

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Dat Goalie Controversy in Anaheim

No one is saying Gibson isn't the long term plan for Anaheim but the only people thinking he has moved into a position of 1A playing time are the Gibson fantasy owners.

Andersen is still their main starter this year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The "never looked back" argument is trending these days!

I think that Gibson made a strong argument for a timeshare. That's it.
    ANA has two strong up and comming goalies. They should play them both to figure out; 1) exactly how good they are at this level and 2) how is the market for talented young goalies.

M2C: they'll keep sharing time between the youngsters if they're both putting up great numbers until one gets traded or falls apart.
    Daily Yahoo! H2H
    12 teams - 20 players - Keep 10

G / A / PPA / PPG / +- / GWG / SH / SOG
    W / SV% / GAA / SO

The Blades of Steel
    C: Backstrom. Schenn[W]. Miller[W]. Namestnikov[W].
    W: Benn[C]. Kreider. JVR. Atkinson. Neal. Teravainen[C]. Jenner[C]. Vrana. Gallagher
    D: OEL. Burns. Pietrangelo. Yandle.
    G: Andersen. Lundqvist. Markstrom.

Min. 4 starts in goal / week
    Start 3C - 4W - 4D - 1Util - 2G

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Good Sir View Post
    Last night was a BIG win for Gibson, and a big boost to his confidence. That said, I still think of him as the back-up, at best a 1B, option for ANA. Andersen has been lights out, minus that one hick-up, this year, and I see no reason why ANA wouldn't continue to roll with him. Now, because of this shut-out, Gibson may have earned himself another start or 2 over the next few games, but I still believe ANA is going to be cautious with him and ride Andersen for the foreseeable future.
    I think the biggest reason for starting Gibson against CHI was to give him the opportunity to boost his confidence. He hadn't been playing much or that well in the limted games he's started before (the Columbus game he wasn't challenged much).

Andersen did not play bad in the SJ game. The loss was more on the defense and the team as a whole really. And Gibson should get one more start this week as ANA play back-to-back Thur and Fri.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Master

The only surefire way to know which goalie will win is to wait for Bondon to chime in... then pick the other goalie.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    The only surefire way to know which goalie will win is to wait for Bondon to chime in... then pick the other goalie.
    This is the best advice I've seen on this subject yet
    12 Team H2H (Daily) - Keep 10 + 5(Farm)
    4C/3LW/3RW/4D/3G/4Bench/3IR
    G A Pts +/- STP GWG SOG/ W Sv% GAA SHO
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    F. Forsberg, J. Guentzel, A. Duclair(RW), E. Haula(C), A. Killorn
    RWs:
    N. Ehlers(LW), V. Tarasenko, F. Gaudreau(C), V. Podkolzin
    D:
    T. Chabot, C. Makar, M. Dumba, OEL, N. Schmidt
    G:
    S. Bobrovky, T. Demko, J. Gibson(IR), A. Stolarz(IR)
    Farm:
    J. Annunen, A. Kaliyev, A. Lundell, F. Lysell, M. Rossi

Administrator

If you don't think this situation is going to be fluid then you haven't been paying attention. The thread title says it all, "controversy."
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Pro

Come playoff time, I think we see Gibson taking over the starting job, but for now the job is Andersen's.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dodospice View Post
    Come playoff time, I think we see Gibson taking over the starting job, but for now the job is Andersen's.
    And your reasoning for thinking this is ... ?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Ummmm...Gibson started against Pitts 'cause he's a hometown boy. BB wanted him to have that moment. That info was everywhere.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Andersen actually did not play poorly against SJ. The whole Ducks team played poorly and especially the defence. Andersen was their best player that game.
    Well, ya.....but to most coaches a loss is all that matters. So Andersen losing opened the door for Gibson to take a start.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers
    No, it was never Anderson's net. The job has always been Gibson's:

Gibson took the 1A late last season as well as late into the playoffs and never looked back.

Gibson was the one who started the season opener - that in itself is a big sign of how both goalies are viewed.

Of course the 6-1 record is going to be brought up - they were rolling with Anderson not just because he was winning, but to push Gibson after he was lit up by Pittsburgh in the season opener.
    Most NHL goalies playing for Anaheim would do well, it isn't so much that Anderson was exceptional as much as it is that Anaheim is exceptional.

The biggest indicator is that at the first sign of trouble, despite Anderson's 6 wins, Gibson returned to the net in Chicago- against arguably the toughest team in the league. A 1A is played against the toughest team in the league, not a 1B.
    Sorry man, but your info is completely wrong. Gibson never took over as the 1A last season....he got a couple starts at the end of the season, and then sat on the bench as Andersen took the starter role in the playoffs. If not for Andersen getting hurt, Gibson would not have played during the playoffs.

Gibson is a great young goalie, Andersen is gonna have his hands full holding him off. But I don't think Gibson takes the job this year....not while Andersen is playing so well.

You traded Marian Gaborik for Jacob Markstrom like a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dodospice
    Care to give some reasoning or evidence? Posts like these are exactly why we saw some HORRIBLE trades involving Gibson this summer. The hype is far beyond overboard, it's ridiculous.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    And your reasoning for thinking this is ... ?
    Because I think by the end of the season Gibson has taken the job from Andersen... that's why. I think Andersen ends up with the majority of the starts but by the end of the season it'll be Gibson's job. I've thought that all year long, no reason for my opinion to change yet.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Anderson just rolled out a pretty sick New Mask. Based on that... He's they're guy... for sure!

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Well, ya.....but to most coaches a loss is all that matters. So Andersen losing opened the door for Gibson to take a start.

Sorry man, but your info is completely wrong. Gibson never took over as the 1A last season....he got a couple starts at the end of the season, and then sat on the bench as Andersen took the starter role in the playoffs. If not for Andersen getting hurt, Gibson would not have played during the playoffs.

Gibson is a great young goalie, Andersen is gonna have his hands full holding him off. But I don't think Gibson takes the job this year....not while Andersen is playing so well.

You traded Marian Gaborik for Jacob Markstrom like a week ago.

Care to give some reasoning or evidence? Posts like these are exactly why we saw some HORRIBLE trades involving Gibson this summer. The hype is far beyond overboard, it's ridiculous.
    I'm not on here saying that Gibson is the be all end all of the goalie position. He's a talented young goalie, who is one of the best goalie prospects in the world. If people made HORRIBLE trades involving Gibson then that's their own fault. I, in fact, didn't touch Gibson in any of my one-year leagues because I believe Andersen will receive the majority of the starts this year. I've also said, that I believe Gibson will be the starter by the end of the season. We're 10 games into the season, I'm not going to change my opinion based on play this early. I could very easily be wrong, and Andersen may still hold the job come playoff time, but it's my opinion that Gibson will take over.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Anderson just rolled out a pretty sick New Mask. Based on that... He's they're guy... for sure!

Fool, have you seen Gibson's new blocker? Nothing screams 1A like it
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dodospice View Post
    Because I think by the end of the season Gibson has taken the job from Andersen... that's why. I think Andersen ends up with the majority of the starts but by the end of the season it'll be Gibson's job. I've thought that all year long, no reason for my opinion to change yet.
    Already then.