Thread: Huge Football trade help please.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Huge Football trade help please.

Non ppr h2h yahoo league - keep 6

Just got this offer.

I get: Demarco Murray and kelvin Benjamin (he also offered Andre Johnson but I like Benjamin better)

I give: Giovanni Bernard and Josh Gordon

I've been saving Gordon all season as he was one of my keepers from last year

Is this a no brainer? Am I missing something?
    Murray will have to slow down don't you think? But he's still better than gio overall right?
    Can josh Gordon get back to how he was at the end of last year?
    Seems like I'm buying high on Murray and selling low on Gordon. Is it still worth it?

Here's the rest of my team.
    QB: Newton, cutler
    WR: Nelson, Gordon, harvin, Michael Floyd, cooks
    Rb: gio, miller, Stacy, Oliver
    te: Cameron, kelce

Thanks for your help
    12 Team H2H Keep 6
    Scoring Cats - Players: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHG, GWG
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1G (locked in for the week)

C: Malkin, Kuznetsov, Larkin, Couture
    LW: Hall, DeBrincat, Fiala
    RW: Kucherov, J.T. Miller
    D: Theodore, Gustafsson, Pulock
    G: Hellebuyck, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Huge Football trade help please.

Quote Originally Posted by Brosive View Post
    Non ppr h2h yahoo league - keep 6

Just got this offer.

I get: Demarco Murray and kelvin Benjamin (he also offered Andre Johnson but I like Benjamin better)

I give: Giovanni Bernard and Josh Gordon

I've been saving Gordon all season as he was one of my keepers from last year

Is this a no brainer? Am I missing something?
    Murray will have to slow down don't you think? But he's still better than gio overall right?
    Can josh Gordon get back to how he was at the end of last year?
    Seems like I'm buying high on Murray and selling low on Gordon. Is it still worth it?

Here's the rest of my team.
    QB: Newton, cutler
    WR: Nelson, Gordon, harvin, Michael Floyd, cooks
    Rb: gio, miller, Stacy, Oliver
    te: Cameron, kelce

Thanks for your help
    I would jump all over this. you will be getting the fantasy MVP so far this season. and Gio has Hill to contend with more and more every week it seems. IMO you are getting the better WR for the year too being it is gonna be a minute before he can even use Gordon.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbersnest View Post
    I would jump all over this. you will be getting the fantasy MVP so far this season. and Gio has Hill to contend with more and more every week it seems. IMO you are getting the better WR for the year too being it is gonna be a minute before he can even use Gordon.
    Thanks, anyone else have any opinions on this trade?
    12 Team H2H Keep 6

Dobber Sports Padawan

I wouldn't make the deal. Murray will not continue to get the touches he is currently. Plus he has a history of injuries (3 straight seasons). I find it hard to believe Gordon will pick up where he left off considering 1) he hasn't played football for months 2) The Browns have a soft schedule and may be in a wildcard fight. They've been winning on the ground. 3) many of Gordon's stats last year came in garbage time (the whole season was garbage time). There night not be many games left where the Browns are trailing by enough to abandon the run game.

Benjamin and Bernard, while not as sexy names are better for you this season and are really solid keepers going forward.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    I wouldn't make the deal. Murray will not continue to get the touches he is currently. Plus he has a history of injuries (3 straight seasons). I find it hard to believe Gordon will pick up where he left off considering 1) he hasn't played football for months 2) The Browns have a soft schedule and may be in a wildcard fight. They've been winning on the ground. 3) many of Gordon's stats last year came in garbage time (the whole season was garbage time). There night not be many games left where the Browns are trailing by enough to abandon the run game.

Benjamin and Bernard, while not as sexy names are better for you this season and are really solid keepers going forward.
    I think you've got the trade mixed up a bit.. i'd be receiving Murray and Benjamin while trading away Gio Bernard and Gordon

which of those sides do you like more?
    12 Team H2H Keep 6

Dobber Sports Apprentice

could really use some more help.. offer wont be on the table for much longer.
    12 Team H2H Keep 6

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ya I totally butchered the details there. Even though I like Gio more than Murray ROS, I like Benjamin more than Gordon. Make the deal

Dobber Sports Giant

I'll keep Gio and Gordon here.

Josh Gordon -- #1 WR in fantasy last season on a mediocre team with a replacement-level QB. Gio Bernard is a STUD, coming into his own (especially in PPR leagues). I don't think the upgrade from Gio --> Demarco is enough to warrant the downgrade from Gordon to Benjamin. Don't get me wrong, Kelvin is a stud but he's still super raw and is still a rookie, lest we forget.

I wouldn't make this trade, as I believe once Gordon returns he and Gio will be >> Demarco (who's bound to slow down a bit, right?) and Kelvin.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    Ya I totally butchered the details there. Even though I like Gio more than Murray ROS, I like Benjamin more than Gordon. Make the deal
    Ideally, i want to have the strongest RB possible as they normally get the most fantasy points over WRs..
    I just didnt want to be swayed by Murray having a huge beginning to the season.. buying high is not normally what i like to do.. but im glad to see other people agree with me that he'll have to slow down at some point and see Gio as a similar asset.

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I'll keep Gio and Gordon here.

Josh Gordon -- #1 WR in fantasy last season on a mediocre team with a replacement-level QB. Gio Bernard is a STUD, coming into his own (especially in PPR leagues). I don't think the upgrade from Gio --> Demarco is enough to warrant the downgrade from Gordon to Benjamin. Don't get me wrong, Kelvin is a stud but he's still super raw and is still a rookie, lest we forget.

I wouldn't make this trade, as I believe once Gordon returns he and Gio will be >> Demarco (who's bound to slow down a bit, right?) and Kelvin.
    thats what I'm thinking as well..
    Im mostly scared of 2 scenerios happening... either i do the trade and Murray slows down a lot or gets injured and i regret it..
    or Gordon continues to be a head ache and i regret not trading while i had the chance.. im debating in my head which one is more likely
    12 Team H2H Keep 6

Dobber Sports Wizard

From a pure talent perspective, the Gio Gordon side is the way to ho. Murray will likely break down or have his carries scaled back. With that said, what is your record? If you are one of the top tier teams, keep what you have. If you are in the bottom rung and fighting to get in, you make the deal.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    From a pure talent perspective, the Gio Gordon side is the way to ho. Murray will likely break down or have his carries scaled back. With that said, what is your record? If you are one of the top tier teams, keep what you have. If you are in the bottom rung and fighting to get in, you make the deal.
    i'm in 8th place.. 2-4 record.. had some close losses.. with the points ive accumulated i should be 4th (but thats h2h for you)
    I just hate buying high on someone, im paying for something that will likely have no chance of sustaining.
    for me it comes down to Gordon and if he is still an elite WR when he is back.. or if he'll just get suspended again
    12 Team H2H Keep 6

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i'm in 8th place.. 2-4 record.. had some close losses.. with the points ive accumulated i should be 4th (but thats h2h for you)
    I just hate buying high on someone, im paying for something that will likely have no chance of sustaining.
    for me it comes down to Gordon and if he is still an elite WR when he is back.. or if he'll just get suspended again
    I say this with no disrespect meant whatsoever. but I have yet to see a team with Gordon on it with a winning record yet(and I am in alot of leagues). I do hope if you don't make this trade it works out for you and Gordon is what he was last year. I don't think he will be. I actually think Benjamin will outperform him when they are both healthy.

This is not a keeper league right? I did not think it was and then got confused through the posts. but, once again, if this is not a keeper league this IMO is a no brainer and a trade that should of been made the second it was offered.

The Bengels love Gio sure, but then drafted Hill proving there is not total trust there. and Hill can play. Murray does not have that guy to worry about. and sure Murray has been injured, but what RB has not? look at them all. you know what RB has played the most games straight? Chris Johnson.

Plus with Green out defenses will come in even farther on the Bengels now. I apologize for harping on this I am just kinda amazed everyone has not told you to make this deal. Murray is coming off of about a tough a game as he will have this year and he ripped them apart like they were the Jaguars.

OK I made my case and I understand if you don't like the deal and stay where you are and if that is your gut feeling you should do that. better to lose under your own advice than to lose because of someone elses. I just felt the neeed to reitterate my thoughts.

EDIT: just seen it is a pick 6. that does not change my opinion it just makes it a tad closer.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Just to give you guys an update on what happened.. i ended up making the trade and getting a little bit of a pick upgrade for next year as well..

so i got Murray, K. Benjamin, and a 3rd round pick

and i gave Gio Bernard, Josh Gordon and a 5th pick

Thanks everyone who put in their 2 cents, and especially Dobberenet for that last passionate response.. I felt that i wanted to do the trade from the start but you know how it is when people get too attached to their own players and start to get second thoughts.. this thread helped me let go and make the smart decision
    Thanks again
    12 Team H2H Keep 6

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Just to give you guys an update on what happened.. i ended up making the trade and getting a little bit of a pick upgrade for next year as well..

so i got Murray, K. Benjamin, and a 3rd round pick

and i gave Gio Bernard, Josh Gordon and a 5th pick

Thanks everyone who put in their 2 cents, and especially Dobberenet for that last passionate response.. I felt that i wanted to do the trade from the start but you know how it is when people get too attached to their own players and start to get second thoughts.. this thread helped me let go and make the smart decision
    Thanks again
    You are welcome my brother. I hope it works out. it did for week 1 for sure and plus you got a better draftpick for the future.

What I do when looking at trades is 3 years ahead as unlike Hockey or baseball you can never count on having a guy for 10 years.

You did what any good owner does though and get a arguement for both sides. it helps you be objective (as you mentioned) to your own players.