Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Leafs and Eric Staal Rumours

Administrator

Default Re: The Leafs and Eric Staal Rumours

They also have to keep Clarkson for team bonding purposes.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

I've always been a huge fan of Staal and his consistency and durability, hell I even drafted him this year for my pool.

Having said that, taking a longer term perspective, he's aging and it appears his performance may (or may not) be starting to fall off. Now would be the worst time for the Leafs to overpay for him, especially given they've got a nice young core that will make them very competitive in 2-3 years.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Now would be the worst time for the Leafs to overpay for him, especially given they've got a nice young core that will make them very competitive in 2-3 years.
    this exactly why leafs management would have made this deal...im hoping Shanahan and the new people brought in will be smart enough not to believe they HAVE to make a drastic move. I honestly believe the old management got some sick pleasure out of making bad moves to punish us leafs fan for some unknown reason(not like we make them one of if not the richest in the NHL despite losing consistently)
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Titan

Ever since Burke came in the leafs have only made 1 trade that was giving away a young player for an “older” player. That was the Kessel for Seguin deal. Now I still say the deal was good because at the time they needed a roster player, and Kessel has been dynamite. Besides that it’s been youth coming our way. Gardiner, Lupul, Franson, Bernier, Frattin, Kozun, Holland, JVR, Ashton. There were older guys coming back like Gleason, Bolland and Polak. But since the days of buying older guys with the leafs money, they’ve been going with the youth movement a lot. So this Eric Staal BS is literally out of the blue (lol).

Staal has a NMC, he has 2 of his 3 brothers in the Carolina organization, he loves Carolina, and he likes the coach. The only thing pushing this rumour is the leafs have reportedly always need a big center, he’s slumping a bit, and he’s from Thunder Bay (closer to Winnipeg I think actually).
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll