Marner
    Strome

Zacha
    Crouse
    Barzal
    Provorov
    Kylington
    Werenski
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Default Re: McDavid vs. Eichel watch

I think McD is clearly the #1 prospect w/Eichel and Hanifin falling in behind him at the second and third positions. But in terms of where the significant drop-offs in skill set occur I have them as

McD
    Eichel
    Hanfin

Crouse
    Strome
    Rantanen

Werenski
    Barzal
    Marner
    Provorov

Beyond this crew pretty much every player is interchangeable value-wise within each subsequent group of ten.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

I don't think there is any doubt he will go 1st overall. That doesn't mean he's going to be that much better than Eichel (or even is that much better than Eichel), it just means we all know who's going 1st overall.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i'm probably gonna get a lot of hate, but from the limited viewing of their on ice play, i was more impressed by hanafin than I was of both mcdavid and eichel...
    i keep hearing the words "generational" get thrown around a lot in regards to mcdavid/eichel... i think they are much more likely to do what mackinnon did as a rookie than what crosby or ovechkin did...
    15 Team Keeper - 30 Player Roster, Full Keeper (Pts=1,W=2,SO=2,OTL=1)
    Weekly LineUps (2C,2R,2L,4D,1G)

C-Backstrom,Borgstrom,Schmaltz,Domi,J. Boqvist,Steel,Stepan,Vilardi
    RW-Atkinson,Fiala,Caufield,Terry,Radulov,Kailyev
    LW-Zucker,Ehlers,Formenton,Jost,Lindblom,Buchnevich
    D-Doughty,Hedman,Faulk,Barrie,Josi,K.Miller
    G-Fleury,Price,Hart,

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by lokguin View Post
    i'm probably gonna get a lot of hate, but from the limited viewing of their on ice play, i was more impressed by hanafin than I was of both mcdavid and eichel...
    i keep hearing the words "generational" get thrown around a lot in regards to mcdavid/eichel... i think they are much more likely to do what mackinnon did as a rookie than what crosby or ovechkin did...
    Say either or both do perform like Mackinnon as you put it...who is Hanafin producing like to justify you placing him infront of the other 2 for on ice talent?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Say either or both do perform like Mackinnon as you put it...who is Hanafin producing like to justify you placing him infront of the other 2 for on ice talent?
    Hanafin has been compared to Scott Niedermayer. Pretty impressive if he can come close to matching his career.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Current day Doughty mixed with current day Weber! Obvs.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Would Hanifin be the consensus #1 if McDavid/Eichel weren't in this draft class?
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post
    Would Hanifin be the consensus #1 if McDavid/Eichel weren't in this draft class?
    Probably not, because apparently there is no "consensus" even when it's painfully obvious who the best player is. Hell, if Crosby were getting drafted this year he wouldn't be the "consensus" #1 compared to Bobby Ryan.

Banned

If he ends up like Ekblad then that's worth more than Mackinnon IMO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i'm not sure hanifin has a very productive rookie season, it's extremely rare for an 18 yr old defensemen to put up points at a Top 20 D pace. Even what Ekblad is doing this year is rare. I wouldn't be surprised to see hanifin consistently put up around that 50-55 point range throughout his career though... (pietrangelo like). D production is much more situationally dependent in my opinion though.

in any league, both McDavid/Eichel carry much more market value than hanifin at this point. based on that and the hype alone it'd be more worthwhile to select either of the other two ahead of hanifin. all i was saying is I was more impressed by what i saw from his play. his skating, his coverage and iq stood out to me in particular.
    15 Team Keeper - 30 Player Roster, Full Keeper (Pts=1,W=2,SO=2,OTL=1)
    Weekly LineUps (2C,2R,2L,4D,1G)

C-Backstrom,Borgstrom,Schmaltz,Domi,J. Boqvist,Steel,Stepan,Vilardi
    RW-Atkinson,Fiala,Caufield,Terry,Radulov,Kailyev
    LW-Zucker,Ehlers,Formenton,Jost,Lindblom,Buchnevich
    D-Doughty,Hedman,Faulk,Barrie,Josi,K.Miller
    G-Fleury,Price,Hart,

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by lokguin View Post
    i'm not sure hanifin has a very productive rookie season, it's extremely rare for an 18 yr old defensemen to put up points at a Top 20 D pace. Even what Ekblad is doing this year is rare. I wouldn't be surprised to see hanifin consistently put up around that 50-55 point range throughout his career though... (pietrangelo like). D production is much more situationally dependent in my opinion though.

in any league, both McDavid/Eichel carry much more market value than hanifin at this point. based on that and the hype alone it'd be more worthwhile to select either of the other two ahead of hanifin. all i was saying is I was more impressed by what i saw from his play. his skating, his coverage and iq stood out to me in particular.
    Ok, point taken. Just seemed like you were suggesting that Hanafin was more valuable than McJesus and that caught me offguard. Admittedly, I'm aiming for 1 of the top 2 this year, so I haven't paid as much attention to Hanafin. however, maybe a good reminder to start looking top 5 (atleast) in this draft as my current #3 over all (I own, but it's not based on my team's finish) is starting to out perform, much to my dismay. I'll keep Hanafin on my radar.