Thread: FHG down for draft

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default FHG down for draft

Wtf the site was down for my entire draft, totally takes the point out of paying for this!

Instead of using the list I had prepped out using the site or guru, I had to ghetto draft using some terrible list.
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: FHG down for draft

Same...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hi guys,

First, I'm very sorry about the downtime. To say that we're embarrassed would be an understatement. This kind of outage is unacceptable under any circumstances, much less our busiest weekend of the year.

So, I can offer you a refund or a free Season Toolkit. I know that it's kind of like locking the barn door after the horse has been stolen, but it's something. Please email me directly at [email protected] and I can coordinate either a refund or a free subscription for you.

As for the outage itself, the cause originated with our web host and problems with their servers. While this means that it wasn't our "fault", it also means that we could do nothing but wait for them to act, just like you. It was a very frustrating experience. From the time we reported the outage to them, it took almost nine hours for a fix to come.

If you're interested, here's what they said: "You should be back online now, seems the same server that had caused IP packet loss before was put back online to be reloaded but caused issues instantly. Server has been de-racked and will be reloaded locally. I have put in a policy and sent to all our staff to avoid an issue like this ever happening again."

But, again, even though there was nothing that we at FHG could do, I realize that the buck stops at us no matter what. So, as I said, please email me at [email protected] and we'll try to make it right for you.

Thanks,
    Jamie
    Co-Founder
    Fantasy Hockey Geek

Administrator

Here's a feature request that would be cool to add while you're in a giving mood:

In the "What if?" tool it would be nice to toggle player salaries/cap hits in addition to the stats to see the effect on the FHG value. It would help for leagues that have designated franchise players which adds a discount to the player. In my case I own Shea Weber and as my franchise player I save 15%. It would be cool to see where he stacks up with that discount factored in.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Here's a feature request that would be cool to add while you're in a giving mood:

In the "What if?" tool it would be nice to toggle player salaries/cap hits in addition to the stats to see the effect on the FHG value. It would help for leagues that have designated franchise players which adds a discount to the player. In my case I own Shea Weber and as my franchise player I save 15%. It would be cool to see where he stacks up with that discount factored in.
    That's a great request. And, to be honest, we're already working on bringing salary information to the What If? tool as well as all of the other tools. We consider the salary feature to be in "beta" right now. We wanted to introduce it in a limited capacity in time for the beginning of the season, and then roll it out to the rest of the tools over the first couple of months of the season. So, look for it to be added to What If? and the other tools soon.