Thread: (Lehner vs. Stalock) vs. Luongo

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default (Lehner vs. Stalock) vs. Luongo

For team #2 in my sig.

I'm thinking of trying to pry Stalock from another manager, but I'm thinking of throwing Lehner+ (the + still TBD) to get him. The rules have changed so that we only start 1 goalie a night (to level out the playing field a little bit for managers who only have one actual starter). I still believe Niemi will lock down the job in SJ, I doubt they'll be sitting his salary on the bench for extended periods of time. Down the line, is Lehner still worth keeping?

Also, Luo will probably put up respectable numbers but probably won't get very many wins. Should I definitely try to deal him?

More than likely I will have to give more with Luongo to get an upgrade than to just go after Stalock.

Given my roster, any suggestions?

Thanks.

Administrator

Default Re: (Lehner vs. Stalock) vs. Luongo

I actually think Luongo is still a good play even if the Panthers stink. And you need to have one legit starter to lean on. I'm fine moving Lehner for Stalock to complete your tandem as long the + isn't exorbitant.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: (Lehner vs. Stalock) vs. Luongo

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I actually think Luongo is still a good play even if the Panthers stink. And you need to have one legit starter to lean on. I'm fine moving Lehner for Stalock to complete your tandem as long the + isn't exorbitant.
    Thanks, I'm waiting to get a response on the +. I was looking over potential upgrades to trade for and I couldn't see any of the managers taking Luo. I think the Florida factor is a major hurdle when coming up with a trade.

Just throwing this out there, what about going for the Anderson/Gibson tandem with Luo involved? Anaheim looks like a stronger team this year (doubt it will work) but I do have extra roster space to accomodate.

---------------

So the asking price for Stalock is Eriksson and my 1st (which will go to one of Hartnell/Schenn/Bennett/Draisaitl)...crap.