Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Buy-low Options?

Default Re: Buy-low Options?

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    Fair enough! I wasn't too sure how the nfl would go about this or the legal system I guess. Was thinking maybe he's given the celebrity treatment and back on the field this year.
    Nah...AP is done for this year, man. The pushback was too much for management to ignore or risk (both public and sponsors). As far as long term...he's a 30 year old RB with a lot of personal baggage owed a significant amount of money next year, none of which is guaranteed. He could be done in a Vikes uniform.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would get what I could for AP to be honest.. Counter his offer and try for a bit more, just incase..

But then again, it is only week 5..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Are Cordarelle & Megatron "buy low" yet?
    I just got a 0.8pt game from Cordarelle last night and I'm now reading that Megatron may not play on Sunday.
    Couple this with Jordy Nelson's 1 catch game (awesome catch though)... and I could be looking at a combined 3 catches this week from my "top receiving corps" in my fantasy league... not.
    Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I would get what I could for AP to be honest.. Counter his offer and try for a bit more, just incase..

But then again, it is only week 5..
    HockeyProphet was being offered AP, if I understood him correctly.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Stud

How about making a pitch for McCoy? Worth it this season?
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    How about making a pitch for McCoy? Worth it this season?
    In my opinion, yep. Offensive line troubles are partially to blame for the slow start so far. He's starting to get the beef back up front slowly. I'd buy if the price is right.

My take on some of the other names mentioned:

--Calvin will never be a buy low. Even people that know nothing about football know who he is. And the ones that do know something know enough not to sell low.

--Cordarelle I like as a buy low. But you have to be sure that you are, in fact, buying low. We know the talent, but we just dont know whether the coaches ever get it that they need to scheme him back into the game plan this season. Moreover, while he had some Percy like stiff going on out of the backfield and such in the first game or two, I'm not all that optimistic that it'll pick up. No need to scheme for the freaky Patterson to take backfield snaps when you now have the freaky Jerick McKinnon getting more time.

--I really like the call on Ingram as nice buy low. Great production early. Pretty uninspiring production from the Saints backfield since he went down (so I think he gets a big workload back off the bat). And he's been out of the lineup long enough that his hot start (and great preseason) may have faded in the minds of some given his prior reputation coming into this season.

--Montee Ball: I like him as a buy low too. But act fast. Like Lacy, I'd expect the breakout performance soon (not a choice match up this week, but coming out of a bye week I could see some scheming having taken place to get Ball jumpstarted). And then everyone is right back in love with him like they were in the preseason and you'll need a crowbar and a ski mask to get him.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    Yep. Offensive line troubles are partially to blame for the start so far. He's starting to get the beef back up front slowly. I'd buy if the price is right.

My take on some of the other names mentioned:

--Calvin will never be a buy low. Even people that know nothing about football know who he is. And the ones that do know something know enough not to sell low.

--Cordarelle I like as a buy low. But you have to be sure that you are, in fact, buying low. We know the talent, but we just dont know whether the coaches ever get it that they need to scheme him back into the game plan this season. Moreover, while he had some Percy like stiff going on out of the backfield and such in the first game or two, I'm not all that optimistic that it'll pick up. No need to scheme for the freaky Patterson to take backfield snaps when you now have the freaky Jerick McKinnon getting more time.

--I really like the call on Ingram as nice buy low. Great production early. Pretty uninspiring production from the Saints backfield since he went down (so I think he gets a big workload back off the bat). And he's been out of the lineup long enough that his hot start (and great preseason) may have faded in the minds of some given his prior reputation coming into this season.
    Agreed mostly....just to put a finer point on it Calvin you're probably not "buying low" in any format. Patterson is a buy low in dynasty leagues. Ingram is a buy low in redrafts. I'd avoid trading for Ingram in dynasty leagues.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Apprentice

What about Lacy?
    His owner in my league, in fact he's the actual champion, is 1-5 and he might be quite desperate. Would you make a move to get him?

Dobber Sports Padawan

RB's- I don't see many buy low candidates. Ingram and Matthews owners have been holding on this long, why sell them low right now?
    WR's- I like guys like VJax and Garçon

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I have held onto Ingram for 4 weeks of injury time and now that he is ready to come back my trades page is full.. Too bad suckers, I'm keeping Ingram..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I believe Pierre Garcon is a excellent buy low candidate, I see people ready to start1 week wonders over him every week. and ,he gets his QB back soon. the 1 that ONLY knows how to throw to him.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbersnest View Post
    I believe Pierre Garcon is a excellent buy low candidate, I see people ready to start1 week wonders over him every week. and ,he gets his QB back soon. the 1 that ONLY knows how to throw to him.
    On that not... sell-high on D-Jax if you can.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by roberto_alomar View Post
    On that not... sell-high on D-Jax if you can.
    I would agree with this. I might wait right until Griffin comes back with him though as cousins understands he is better than Garcon so I expect his stats to keep rolling until then.