Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does Robby Fabbri Crack the St. Louis Blues Roster?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Does Robby Fabbri Crack the St. Louis Blues Roster?

#STLBlues 1st rd pick #RobbyFabbri has made a splash at camp, does he make the team? #THW#hockeyhttp://wp.me/p17Rp0-v5H

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Does Robby Fabbri Crack the St. Louis Blues Roster?

Just can't see this one happening, Steen/Stastny/Backes/Schwartz/Tarasenko/Berglund/Oshie/Lehtera are 8 of the top 9 that I can't see him displacing, with Ott penciled in as the 9. Maybe he gets the 9 game trial but I'd be shocked if they would keep him for 4th line duties
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Banned

I think he does. 9 games at least... though I bet he stays all year and is subbed in and out of the line-up.

Dobber Sports Icon

Can't see it happening - the Blues are so deep at F. If there's a rash of injuries he might get some time, but guys like Jaskin and Rattie are ahead of him.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Star

I don't see why the Blues would do that this year. They're too deep as it is.

Banned

Rattie isn't ahead of Fabbri... Rattie was already sent down. Ott is on the fourth line.
    Fabbri either makes the team now or he doesn't. If he gets sent back to Guelph, he can't be recalled later.
    Fact is, he is competing with 3 guys on waiver excempt, two -way contracts and MPS.
    Four guys for two spots.

Maybe they do what they did with Pietrangelo and keep him up, play him every third game until December then let him play in the WJC's and return to his junior team after that.

To answer the question of why the Blues would keep him, the answer is simple... the kid has been lights out!

Dobber Sports Master

That would be terrible for his development. Why would they want him to be a part time player for the entire year?

Administrator

I definitely like the idea of keeping him around especially if he is doing well at camp. Even if it's just for the nine games... why not try to keep a hot line going in games that count?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

I agree that nine games would be great for him. Even if he had little involvement in those games. Its good to have exposure so you know what things you have to work on. Its not good to have him with the team all year if he is only going to be a part time player. The kid needs to play and play a lot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    That would be terrible for his development. Why would they want him to be a part time player for the entire year?
    Didn't hurt Pietrangelo. Plus, Fabbri has nothing to gain from heading back for a full year of junior. I don't think anybody on the Blues thought he would really be ready this year, but he has proved otherwise. I think all of the Blues moves so far show that he is staying.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    Didn't hurt Pietrangelo. Plus, Fabbri has nothing to gain from heading back for a full year of junior. I don't think anybody on the Blues thought he would really be ready this year, but he has proved otherwise. I think all of the Blues moves so far show that he is staying.
    well it's only been pre-season and he would have a lot to gain going back to junior. Scoring more, going for the Mem Cup, etc. He's only played two seasons in junior.

Dobber Sports Pro

He's getting oppertunity for sure....look where he is for tonights game

Jeremy Rutherford @jprutherford · 4 h il y a 4 heures

#stlblues lines: Berglund-Backes-Oshie
    Steen-Stastny-Fabbri
    Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko
    Bissonnette-Lapierre-Reaves
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    well it's only been pre-season and he would have a lot to gain going back to junior. Scoring more, going for the Mem Cup, etc. He's only played two seasons in junior.
    Exactly. people are getting way too horny and think every 1st rounder is making the show this season. Most are just being kept around long enough for development reasons. They want their prospects to be around the professional environment and soak up as much as they can before the send them back to junior where they can take on more of a leadership role and hopefully improve on their offensive numbers.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Deity

I am sure they are giving him plenty of opportunities but it's rare that the Blues bring their rookies in right away.

Everything I am reading says that Hitch likes him though. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    Exactly. people are getting way too horny and think every 1st rounder is making the show this season. Most are just being kept around long enough for development reasons. They want their prospects to be around the professional environment and soak up as much as they can before the send them back to junior where they can take on more of a leadership role and hopefully improve on their offensive numbers.
    Maybe. But you are jumping to conclusions or generalizations too thinking that no rookies are ever ready to play in the NHL for some of their draft year. I said above that Fabbri would get 9 games, just that I think the Blues will stretch it across a number of months like they did with AP. Then he can play in the WJC and return to junior (same thing they did with AP) to play in another Memorial Cup if it is in the cards for Guelph.

We'll find out pretty soon here, but people saying he won't make it because he is a rookie, end of story are out to lunch.