Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2014/2015 Dobber PRO (Tier II) Campbell League

The Wolverine

Default Re: 2014/2015 Dobber PRO (Tier II) Campbell League

Amongst us, there are even more teams that have moments so far this season so it will be interesting to see once things stabilise a bit.

- Yeah you mentioned Kuemper affecting Ott Man Out recently.
    - If/when Lehtera/Tarasenko slows down, will that make a difference to Tootoo? Anderson's strong start is another reason he's solid so far.
    - Will Calgary keep it up? I can't believe I'm hoping that Ramo continues to be average so that Hiller gets more starts - I need that to stay competitive. Nash's hot start but if he cools down?
    - Last Resort / Temek will be a contender all season.
    - Your offense is solid so a Colorado improvement and more starts from Backstrom will help you climb the standings.
    - Others are close and could creep up.

Yep, long season.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Amongst us, there are even more teams that have moments so far this season so it will be interesting to see once things stabilise a bit.

- Yeah you mentioned Kuemper affecting Ott Man Out recently.
    - If/when Lehtera/Tarasenko slows down, will that make a difference to Tootoo? Anderson's strong start is another reason he's solid so far.
    - Will Calgary keep it up? I can't believe I'm hoping that Ramo continues to be average so that Hiller gets more starts - I need that to stay competitive. Nash's hot start but if he cools down?
    - Last Resort / Temek will be a contender all season.
    - Your offense is solid so a Colorado improvement and more starts from Backstrom will help you climb the standings.
    - Others are close and could creep up.

Yep, long season.
    True, I've been riding Tarasenko/Lehtera, Pearson's hot start (over) and good numbers from Anderson, that has certainly helped. I also got through injuries to Stastny and Parise and another slow start by Lundqvist, so hopefully things even out a bit. Far too much hockey left to play to be patting ourselves on the back now!
    20-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 3D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 2 on farm

F: Kucherov, Scheifele, Eichel, Tarasenko, Rakell, Schwartz, Dadonov
    D: Doughty, Josi, Ekman-Larsson, Keith
    G: Hellebuyck
    Farm: Tolvanen, Kaprizov

16-Team Keeper League
    Starting roster: 6F, 4D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 4 on farm
    F: P Kane, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Marchessault, B Schenn, Fiala, Kase,
    D: Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Parayko
    G: Rask
    Farm: Kravtsov, A Boqvist, Necas, I Samsonov

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by ccsitdown View Post
    True, I've been riding Tarasenko/Lehtera, Pearson's hot start (over) and good numbers from Anderson, that has certainly helped. I also got through injuries to Stastny and Parise and another slow start by Lundqvist, so hopefully things even out a bit. Far too much hockey left to play to be patting ourselves on the back now!
    For sure, there's a ton of hockey left and I expect a ton of changes in the coming weeks/months. It's a quality group.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Back into 1st thanks to Fleury! I am not too optimistic I will finish on top though, very slim chance Fleury and Kuemper keep this up all year. If i lose ground in goal not sure my fwds are good enough to keep me at the top. Hedman coming back should be a nice boost though
    12 Team H2H - 3C/3LW/3RW/4D/4BN
    G,A,PPP,PIM,+-,SOG,SHP
    W,GAA,SV%,SO

Dobber Sports Demi-God

First Trade Completed in the Smythe:

to Last Resort (temek): Jaromir Jagr (NJ - RW)
    to Kings Landing (Pengwin7): Michael Hutchinson (WPG - G), Tommy Wingels (SJ - RW).

Hopefully will add more offense to Last Resort (currently 1st place) and some Hits & Goalie Stats to King's Landing (currently 7th place)

Dobber Sports Initiate

I joined the trade party as well.

To Ott Man Out
    Tyler Bozak Tor - C
    Nail Yakupov Edm - RW

To Suspirria
    Shane Doan Ari - LW,RW
    Mark Scheifele Wpg - C

I think Bozak is in the best spot to keep producing, will give up some hits with Doan though. I was weak at C as well, Bozak will be an sure start every week. I think Yak might have a bit more upside than Schiefele but both are close
    G,A,PPP,PIM,+-,SOG,SHP
    W,GAA,SV%,SO

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by holypuck View Post
    I joined the trade party as well.

To Ott Man Out
    Tyler Bozak Tor - C
    Nail Yakupov Edm - RW

To Suspirria
    Shane Doan Ari - LW,RW
    Mark Scheifele Wpg - C

I think Bozak is in the best spot to keep producing, will give up some hits with Doan though. I was weak at C as well, Bozak will be an sure start every week. I think Yak might have a bit more upside than Schiefele but both are close
    Good doing business with you. I think this helps both teams. I feel I probably gave up the best player IMO in terms of offense (Bozak) but was a bit unbalanced on my roster (Yakupov was my third 3 RW - starting 4) and I had centre depth. Hopefully Scheifele will fit it nicely as my #4 centre and will keep improving, and Doan gives me a solid multiple category RW upgrade.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Ya worked out, i got C upgrade you got a RW upgrade. I drafted Scheifele with higher expectations he will probably fulfill some of those now haha
    G,A,PPP,PIM,+-,SOG,SHP
    W,GAA,SV%,SO

Dobber Sports Demi-God

December 1st Update in the Campbell Conference:

1 Last Resort 107
    2 2toRuutu2toTootooToo 105
    2 Ott Man Out 105
    4 Goner For Connor 100.5

5 Suspirria 91.5
    6 Kings Landing 77
    6 Edmonton Clowns 77
    8 The 'Eh' team 76.5
    9 Savages 76
    10 Steam Roller 74
    11 First Blood 65.5
    12 Serious Chinny 63.5
    13 Mustangs 62
    14 The Jobbers 49.5
    14 rattus rattus 49.5
    16 Forgotabout thedraft 44.5

In the Campbell, a four-team pack has emerged at the top. Currently it is headed by Last Resort, a team that has made a couple trades lately to bring in more offense, landing Malkin/Pavelski and sending Ovechkin/Hartnell to Ott Man Out. Last Resort's goalies are Rinne/Andersen sparking him to a 16(W)-16(GAA)-14(SV) score in goalie stats... though Andersen's recent struggles may be reason for worry. [Of note, the team owning Pekka Rinne is in 1st place in ALL THREE Dobber Divisions: PRO-Campbell, ENTRY-Norris, and ENTRY-Smythe]. Tied for 2nd is the league's offensive dynamo 2toRuutu who carries a 14-12-15-13-15-10 stat line across offense charged by the Lehtera/Tarasenko power. Goalies could emerge even stronger with Lundqvist & Anderson off to pedestrian starts. Ott Man Out is the league leader in goals & +/-... though Darcy Kuemper's struggles may be concerning. In 4th, Goner for Connor with the Price/Halak tandem has charged up the standings even though GfC's highest Y! Rank player is Nicklas Backstrom at #40 and Daniel Sedin at #41 - does he have enough offensive firepower to contend? Suspirria has slipped to an island called "5th"... and we'll see which pack he joins next.

The Wolverine

Suspirria has slipped to an island called "5th"... and we'll see which pack he joins next.
    Yeah I've been just hanging around not doing too much. Slipped a bit but still within striking distance if my team picks up the slack. I don't want to slip down to the pack you're in. Though, in saying that, the gap is smaller and I'm closer to you guys.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

January 2nd Update in the Campbell Conference:

1 Last Resort 122.5
    2 2toRuutu2toTootooToo 107.5
    3 Ott Man Out 106
    4 Goner For Connor 101.5
    5 Savages 94
    6 Kings Landing 83
    7 Suspirria 73.5
    8 Edmonton Clowns 67.5
    8 First Blood 67.5
    10 Serious Chinny 65.5
    11 The 'Eh' team 65
    11 Steam Roller 65
    13 The Jobbers 59.5
    14 rattus rattus 51.5
    15 Mustangs 50
    16 Forgotabout thedraft 44.5

Pengwin Notes:
    i) An absolute MASSIVE lead for Temek's Last Resort as he pulled away from the pack in December. Value Drafting amazing goalies (Rinne 32nd/Andersen 65th) to go with his multi-cat dynamos (Ovechkin 1st/Buff 33rd/Shattenkirk 97th).
    ii) Three teams will battle for 2nd/3rd/4th... important stats given that the top three will qualify for CHAMPION'S LEAGUE.
    iii) Savages & King's Landing waffling in the middle, we shall see if they can climb up.
    iv) Three teams looking poised for relegation at the bottom, with one more to join them.

Good luck to all in 2015!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

February 4th Update in the Campbell Conference:

1 Last Resort 131 (Breakdown: Skaters: 16-12-11-15-16-16... 16-16-13)
    2 2toRuutu2toTootooToo 119.5
    3 Savages 106

4 Goner For Connor 103.5
    5 Ott Man Out 86.5
    6 Kings Landing 85.5
    7 Suspirria 80.5
    8 The 'Eh' team 71
    9 The Jobbers 63
    9 Steam Roller 63
    11 Edmonton Clowns 60
    12 First Blood 56.5
    13 Serious Chinny 55
    14 rattus rattus 51.5
    15 Mustangs 47.5
    16 Forgotabout thedraft 44

Notes:
    1. temek's Last Resort is actually rocking 131pts out of maximum 144pts. This shakes out to a 91% max haul in categories.
    For those that don't play ROTO... a 90%+ haul is the GOLD STANDARD of ROTO success. That shit almost never happens.
    Shoeless almost pulled it off in RHRS last year. Typically 80% is enough to win a league. 90%. That just Bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-annas.
    Slow clap for temek - I've never seen such dominance in one of my league's before.

2. The top three spots will get a berth in the Champions League. That should be a great reward for 2toRuutu who has done an incredible job with his team... a 1st place team in most other seasons.
    Savages & Goner for Connor seem to be the only two that will duke it out for 3rd. Savages has been looking real good behind his two-headed goalie beast of Rask/Holtby.

3. The bottom four teams will be relegated. Get your act together boys - we've got TWO from the ENTRY Smythe and TWO from the ENTRY Norris that will be taking spots 13-16 next year.

Dobber Sports Ace

Holding on for dear life here... I've been without Craig Anderson since late January and without Lundqvist since the week after that... Watching what goalie points I had trickle away and the teams in 3rd and 4th creep up on me. I've tried to compensate in other cats, but it's a sinking feeling over here. They can't come back soon enough!
    20-Team Keeper League
    Starting roster: 6F, 3D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 2 on farm

F: Kucherov, Scheifele, Eichel, Tarasenko, Rakell, Schwartz, Dadonov
    D: Doughty, Josi, Ekman-Larsson, Keith
    G: Hellebuyck
    Farm: Tolvanen, Kaprizov

16-Team Keeper League
    Starting roster: 6F, 4D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 4 on farm
    F: P Kane, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Marchessault, B Schenn, Fiala, Kase,
    D: Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Parayko
    G: Rask
    Farm: Kravtsov, A Boqvist, Necas, I Samsonov

The Wolverine

March 16th Standings Update:

1 Last Resort 128.5
    2 2toRuutu2toTootooToo 116
    3 Savages 109.5
    4 Goner For Connor 99.5
    5 Suspirria 91.5
    6 Kings Landing 90
    7 Ott Man Out 85
    8 The Jobbers 65.5
    9 Serious Chinny 64
    10 First Blood 60
    11 The 'Eh' team 58
    12 Edmonton Clowns 55.5
    13 Steam Roller 54.5
    14 Forgotabout thedraft 54
    15 rattus rattus 51.5
    16 Mustangs 41

The top four are unchanged and it looks like Last Resort should hold on for the title, barring a major collapse, if that's even possible. In most other years, the next three would be challenging for a title but Last Resort has been phenomenal. A great performance for you guys regardless of the final result.

There's a battle for fifth, which has changed hands several times over the last few weeks. I'm involved in that battle (Suspirria) so hopefully I can finish the season strong.

The other battle is for relegation so should be interesting who can make a final push and finish in safety.

The Wolverine

Final Standings

A very impressive victory for Last Resort, well done! With 86% of the total points available, it was a dominant performance. Also, a well done goes to his nearest competitors, who, in other seasons would have been competing for a title, but Last Resort was just too strong.

1 Last Resort 123.5
    2 2toRuutu2toTootooToo 115.5
    3 Savages 110
    4 Goner For Connor 104
    5 Suspirria 97
    6 Ott Man Out 85
    7 Kings Landing 83
    8 The Jobbers 71
    9 Serious Chinny 70
    10 First Blood 61
    11 The 'Eh' team 58
    12 Forgotabout thedraft 56.5