Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: An Axe To Grind!

Dobber Sports Deity

Default An Axe To Grind!

In case you missed it, here is my debut piece for Dobber. It was pointed out to me that there wasn't a place to comment under my article so feel free to comment here. I will mention it to Dobber later and see if we can't add the comment box under the article for future pieces.

Enjoy!

http://hockey.dobbersports.com/The-A...vervalued-team
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: An Axe To Grind!

Applaud your effort Ax. I guess the only criticisim I can drum up is that, when taken as face value, you charge a good chunck of the Dobber Public of over valueing these players. However, does there ever come a time where strategic over valueing is justified?
    When i read your article, I'm lead to believe that over paying for one of these kids now, is an ill advised move. However, what I wish you would consider commenting on is "when the right time is to strike" for one of these kids. When is it strategically beneficial to go for it or risk missing your chance... and be constantly left with a team that over value's players and never lands one of them prior to their break out.

But a great effort for your first piece.

Dobber Sports Genius

Very nice debut. Well done Axe. Looking forward to more.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Applaud your effort Ax. I guess the only criticisim I can drum up is that, when taken as face value, you charge a good chunck of the Dobber Public of over valueing these players. However, does there ever come a time where strategic over valueing is justified?
    When i read your article, I'm lead to believe that over paying for one of these kids now, is an ill advised move. However, what I wish you would consider commenting on is "when the right time is to strike" for one of these kids. When is it strategically beneficial to go for it or risk missing your chance... and be constantly left with a team that over value's players and never lands one of them prior to their break out.

But a great effort for your first piece.
    Good questions and good points. The article was simply to highlight the keeper players that everyone seems to be overvaluing these days. I didn't think to take it past that but I can see your thoughts.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Fantastic article. I agree with every single player assessment. Now it'd be interesting to see the All-undervalued team. In case you're looking for ideas I've got a few players in mind.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Administrator

There's no issue with the comment box as far as I can tell. Either it was switched off and has since been turned on or whoever it was that couldn't comment had simply forgotten to login.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    There's no issue with the comment box as far as I can tell. Either it was switched off and has since been turned on or whoever it was that couldn't comment had simply forgotten to login.
    I logged in last night and the box was not there but it is there this morning.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Good job Axe, it is always good to get a different perspective on things.
    Sometimes I like to trade the hyped prospects, especially early in a season to someone who got off to a slow start to get good value.
    It also is determined if it is a yearly or dynasty league.
    Grind the axe on, players you seem to draft every year for their potential only to break your heart. (i.e. Zherdev - who are some of the potential guys now)
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Deity

Dobber fixed it this morning.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Ax was just looking for another location to advertise his work and troll for feedback! lol.

Kidding kidding.

Again... good work Ax. Perhaps deeper consideration to my question above coupled with VincentVega's flip side ... All Undervalued Team would make for a decent follow up.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Great read, Thank you! Looking forward the the next Grind!
    Fantrax, 11 Team, Points Only, 24 players per team,
    19 Keepers
    Draft 5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 4D, 2G, 7 bench spots
    G and A= 1 point, SO = 3 points, W = 2 points.
    Players:
    C: Crosby, Taveres, R. Strome, B. Schenn
    LW: M. Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Marchand, Voracek, Mangiapane
    RW: Guentzel, Ehlers, Wilson, Mercer, Raymond
    D: Carlson, Krug, Klingberg, McAvoy, Hronek, DeAngelo
    G: Markstrom, Hart, Keumper, Khudobin
    IR: Malkin, Backstrom

Dobber Sports Deity

I like to think of it as advertising for those who don't normally frequent the front page and go straight to the forums.

Dobber Sports Star

Congrats on your first article. I enjoyed reading it.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Nice piece, especially for a 1st article. I agree with your assessments of everybody but Nate. Nate is hard because I do see him as a generational talent who will be in the top-10 point getters for a decade by next season at the latest. Thus, if you don't get him in the next 12 months I think he's a keeper for life. This doesn't mean he can't be still over-valued by some but rather that I consider his value to be very high.

My other criticism is that an "All-Team" should have 2 D-men. The article read a little bit funny because it only had 1. Perhaps you didn't have a 2nd D-man who was clearly overvalued but I'd prefer to see a 2nd one with a disclaimer that "he's not as bad as the rest but still over-valued" so you could have a complete "Team".
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Pro

I thought it was good. Disagree on MacKinnon, but in context that people essentially put him in the Crosby tier I agree.

Who else were you thinking?
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league