Thread: S. Jones/ J.Carlson

Dobber Sports Expert

Default S. Jones/ J.Carlson

Which do you prefer for now and the future? I need to cut some salary for this year and this saves me just enough as well as allows me to gain an extra keeper for my farm.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: S. Jones/ J.Carlson

For now Carlson all the way. Im inclined to say Jones for future as I think he's a little more skilled and probably all get every opportunity whereas Carlson is one of many solid D men and I just don't know where he fits in.

Dobber Sports Genius

Agreed. Carlson now, Jones in the future.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    Agreed. Carlson now, Jones in the future.
    But the not too distant future...I see Jones hitting his stride much like Hedman did, in his fourth full season.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    But the not too distant future...I see Jones hitting his stride much like Hedman did, in his fourth full season.
    I totally agree that it should be sooner rather than later with Jones. He may have lacked consistency last season but he showed glimpses of an elite game at times. His OT winner vs MTL was brilliant. I'm definitely sold on this kids future.

I...am your father.

I love Carlson, but Jones is the safe pick. The sure thing. But yeah, not this year
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Expert

Alright the question here becomes I can grab Cody Franson from FA so is it worth doing the trade to house Jones for longer on my farm? Can Franson match Carlson's output for this year and is it worth the swap given the circumstance? I'm trying to have my cake and eat it too; trying to find a fix to not sacrifice too much for a run this year but still grab a future piece. Please Help!
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Smokie View Post
    Alright the question here becomes I can grab Cody Franson from FA so is it worth doing the trade to house Jones for longer on my farm? Can Franson match Carlson's output for this year and is it worth the swap given the circumstance? I'm trying to have my cake and eat it too; trying to find a fix to not sacrifice too much for a run this year but still grab a future piece. Please Help!
    Yes indeed this is a good idea. Franson is very good in a multi-cat and should offer similar if not better value. If he is traded to Colorado or some other team that will let him QB their PP his value could become very nice. Carlson's offensive numbers could be limited until Green is dealt or leaves in FA. I would do the Franson pickup/Jones to farm move were I in your position.