Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Drouin for Kessel? Rep...

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Drouin for Kessel? Rep...

Thanks for the replies, folks. It's interesting to see the different opinions on the subject. As I said, if this was for Hall or Seguin or Kopitar; or somebody like that, I would do it without question. Just not a big fan of Kessel. I hate how he doesn't take the training seriously. I am not a fan of his attitude. And I am not a fan of watching Leafs games...

As far as Kessel's trade value in my league, I don't think it's where it should be. This GM has been trying to shed salary all summer, and Kessel is the one guy he has been trying to move. He told me that he has received nothing but laughable offers up until now. Perhaps part of the reason he hasn't received any really good offers on him yet, is that the rest of my league knows that he is operating from a position of weakness. Because of his cap situation, he really has to make a move.

I have started to rep people who have taken the time to reply, but it might take me a couple of days to get everyone. Thanks again, folks.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post
    http://fans.mapleleafs.nhl.com/commu...e-all-summer’/

Just food for thought but if Kessel thinks he can get away with this every summer he will experience a rapid decline as his body ages....I mean at 26 this plan is fine, but he's approaching the age where a better plan will be necessary.
    Yeah not likely. The guy is one of the healthiest plaeyrs in the league. Nothing to suggest injuries will start to pile up. Sometimes some people are just really really lucky and they have a pretty unique body where they don't have to put in as much work as other players. Kessel is that type of player. He's a gifted athlete through and through. If he were 32 and he had started to show signs of injury issues this might be a concern. But he's not and he hasn't.

This is just the media trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. Same old Toronto media in the offseason. Remember the Kadri thing? He put up his breakout season that year...

Take Kessel.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Thanks for the replies, folks. It's interesting to see the different opinions on the subject. As I said, if this was for Hall or Seguin or Kopitar; or somebody like that, I would do it without question. Just not a big fan of Kessel. I hate how he doesn't take the training seriously. I am not a fan of his attitude. And I am not a fan of watching Leafs games...

As far as Kessel's trade value in my league, I don't think it's where it should be. This GM has been trying to shed salary all summer, and Kessel is the one guy he has been trying to move. He told me that he has received nothing but laughable offers up until now. Perhaps part of the reason he hasn't received any really good offers on him yet, is that the rest of my league knows that he is operating from a position of weakness. Because of his cap situation, he really has to make a move.

I have started to rep people who have taken the time to reply, but it might take me a couple of days to get everyone. Thanks again, folks.

Rylant
    I think Kessel's attitude is one of the more underrated parts of him. Yeah I said underrated. He's actually become one of the team's leaders and he doesn't shy away from the hard comments. He's just quiet and people take that to be a sign of a bad thing (which it isn't). He was pretty much the only one on the team accepting responsibility for the collapse last year. And honestly the training issue is overblown. He's always been on the heavier side for his size, but it's never affected him. He's one of those lucky people that is just super athletic and doesn't need to worry about training so much.

Personally I see that comment as a pretty open thing to say. Most players would try to defend themselves and spin it, he just admitted it and moved on. Not many players would do that, let alone in a market like Toronto.

Kessel is regularily underrated. He's a stud offensively in any league
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by theIceWookie View Post
    Kessel is regularily underrated. He's a stud offensively in any league
    without question, I targeted him in a league I took over a team in last season and got him rather easily

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Superstar

I would see if there is another prospect you have to trade for Kessel. He is in a pickle with salary cap so might as well try and squeeze him.
    Kessel would be good to have for trade bait especially if someone runs into injury issues. would also be trying to target Sequin for Kessel +.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by theIceWookie View Post
    Yeah not likely. The guy is one of the healthiest plaeyrs in the league. Nothing to suggest injuries will start to pile up. Sometimes some people are just really really lucky and they have a pretty unique body where they don't have to put in as much work as other players. Kessel is that type of player. He's a gifted athlete through and through. If he were 32 and he had started to show signs of injury issues this might be a concern. But he's not and he hasn't.

This is just the media trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. Same old Toronto media in the offseason. Remember the Kadri thing? He put up his breakout season that year...

Take Kessel.

Thanks ice wookie +1

You swayed me back to the kessel side
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

First off, I love the team you have assembled. A lot of potential and even if 80% of them only make it you'll be sitting nicely.

Normally I would say proven over potential, but in this case I agree that adding Kessel here won't be aiding your team that much considering its all young guns. In 2-3 years I can see your team making waves. Kessel however will be declining, and Drouin will most likely be thriving. Of course he could pull a Diagle, but I don't see that happening with him.
    [I]12 Team Salary Cap Keeper:
    Fowards: Points Only
    Defenseman: Points & .1 points for hits and BS
    Goalies: 2 pts for win & 3 pts for shutout.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd do it for sure, but why aren't you targeting another G? That seems to be your biggest weakness.

Dobber Sports Star

Thanks for the input here folks. I think I got everyone with a shot of rep; let me know if I missed anybody. Thanks again.

Rylant