Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2014/2015 Dobber PRO (Tier II) League: Sign-Up (For Previous GMs)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: 2014/2015 Dobber PRO (Tier II) League: Sign-Up (For Previous GMs)

Saturday, Oct. 4th is perhaps the only day in the next month that really doesn't work for me... Got tix to an Oktoberfest event out of town, along with a troupe of friends, you see.
    -----------------

LEAGUE: keeper -- 6 keepers per year, no farm; roto; 10 managers, 18-man rosters; 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 G, 5 Bench; limits of 99 games per skater position & 82 games per goalie position; daily roster moves; max 100 waiver wire transactions per year; scoring categories of G, A, +/-, HIT, PPP, SOG, DEF (points by d-men), W, GAA, SA%, and SV.

ROSTER:

C: Draisaitl* (LW), Dubois, Nelson
    LW: Svechnikov* (RW), Hagel
    RW: Kucherov*, Tarasenko, Wilson, Stone, Laine, Reinhart, P. Kane (IR)
    D: Fox*, Karlsson*, Chabot (IR), Faulk, Martinez
    G:: Vasilevskiy*, Vanecek, Adin, Knight (IR)

* = 2023 keepers

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    We had 9 in as of this morning.
    I just sent 2 invites to Johner & Rumble75.
    I'm expecting Zorro to join, not sure why he hasn't yet... he sounded like he really want to be in the league.

That would put at us 12.
    I'm looking to collect to 16 by next Wednesday (Oct 1st).
    If we have 16 by next Wednesday, I'll lock in the league and randomize an order.

TENTATIVE NEW DRAFT DATE & TIME:
    Saturday, October 4th 6pm Eastern.
    I have a suggestion about the league size. Since we start two goalies, perhaps it would better if we only had 14 teams? If we went up to 16, that would guarantee that at least two teams won't have a second starting goalie from the beginning. In a weekly lineup league, that could be very difficult to overcome.

Thoughts?

The Wolverine

If moving the draft to 8:30pm would allow Chinny to join (but not prevent others from attending the draft), then I'm happy to autodraft if it's required. I'm probably in the minority of managers who are willing to autodraft and take the time to ensure having a decent ranking. It would also be less risk of others dropping out (just a guess, but I do know some managers hate autodrafting). Who knows, I may still make it if I decide another late night draft works that weekend. It would also get us closer to filling the league. It would be good if it could be filled by this weekend so we can randomise the order early, but I know that might be an ambitious target.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I have a suggestion about the league size. Since we start two goalies, perhaps it would better if we only had 14 teams? If we went up to 16, that would guarantee that at least two teams won't have a second starting goalie from the beginning. In a weekly lineup league, that could be very difficult to overcome.

Thoughts?

I'd like to stay with 16 teams... because of the depth it creates for this draft.
    16 teams x 25 rostered players = 400 selections.
    That's just really, really deep... and I actually look forward to the challenge of learning about the deeper fantasy players in this format.

I think it's a bit of a challenge to determine goalie value in a pool of this depth.
    And I like that because it makes it so different from all the other 12-team leagues that most of us play in.

The Wolverine

I'd like to stay with 16 teams... because of the depth it creates for this draft.
    16 teams x 25 rostered players = 400 selections.
    That's just really, really deep... and I actually look forward to the challenge of learning about the deeper fantasy players in this format.

I think it's a bit of a challenge to determine goalie value in a pool of this depth.
    And I like that because it makes it so different from all the other 12-team leagues that most of us play in.
    That's cool, thanks for your thoughts.

How are we with others potentially joining? We have 12 so far.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

DAILY BUMP.
    Absolutely LAST CALL for teams to re-join this league from last year's PRO list group.

The league is currently 13 of 16 teams full.
    *Chinny, if you want a spot... jump in now, I can always jump you out. Still discussing draft time with this group.
    *If any other teams don't show up, I'll be promoting the 2nd/3rd place teams from last year's Tier III league (habs7079 & AndreasK) up to this league as the 15th/16th teams.

-P7

The Wolverine

Keeping it refreshed.

Chinny, hope you can join us as well.

Pengwin, I would just invite those two guys now to give you enough time to get it organised, set the order etc. It's late September already so if nobody else has contacted you then they've either found enough leagues, not interested or don't visit the forums enough to see this thread.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

OK, we'll do this:
    1. I'm going to move draft time back to 8:30pm, this should help Chinny and a few others. I need to find out if he's IN.
    2. I'll fill up two spots today or tomorrow & pre-set a draft order before tomorrow (FRI). This way everybody will have a full weekend + next week to plan.

Thanks hf!

Dobber Sports Stud

OK, we'll do this:
    1. I'm going to move draft time back to 8:30pm, this should help Chinny and a few others. I need to find out if he's IN.
    2. I'll fill up two spots today or tomorrow & pre-set a draft order before tomorrow (FRI). This way everybody will have a full weekend + next week to plan.

Thanks hf!
    I have joined, i have also realized that is the day before my birthday which may also change my availability (depending on what my wife has in mind) but worst case i will create a list and hopefully be able to jump in at some point.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Chinny View Post
    I have joined, i have also realized that is the day before my birthday which may also change my availability (depending on what my wife has in mind) but worst case i will create a list and hopefully be able to jump in at some point.
    Good to have you!
    Two more GMs and I'll close up the 16 and pre-determine a draft order.

Welcome back!!!