Thread: 5 Reasons the Flyers Will Be Playoff Bound

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default 5 Reasons the Flyers Will Be Playoff Bound

I've seen a lot of opinions stating that the Flyers will be on the outside looking in come playoff time. With 5 reasons, I respectfully disagree. What say you?

http://thehockeywriters.com/5-reason...playoff-bound/

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: 5 Reasons the Flyers Will Be Playoff Bound

I see the Metropolitan division being wide open and at the same time, a dogfight for most teams wire to wire this season if that makes any sense. Depending on a few different variables, I can see the flyers finishing anywhere from 2nd to 5th/6th in the division.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    I see the Metropolitan division being wide open and at the same time, a dogfight for most teams wire to wire this season if that makes any sense. Depending on a few different variables, I can see the flyers finishing anywhere from 2nd to 5th/6th in the division.
    I completely agree. I would fall over in disbelief if they were to finish atop the Eastern Conference. But to say they're not a playoff team? No, not buyin' it.

Dobber Sports Stud

It really will as always come down to goaltending for the Flyers. They lack a great defensive core, but the strength and two way play of nearly all their top 9 forwards (exclude vinny) makes up for it. I really see the flyers running anywhere from 3rd to 10th in the east depending on Mason. If Mason is solid like last year I think you get a 5th/6th place finish. If mason falls back then the Flyers fall with him. If Mason steps up yet another notch and the Flyers can trade for a Ryan or E Kane then 3rd place and a deep playoff run is in the future.
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

has anyone even said the flyers are not a playoff team this year? i don't consider them a 100% lock but they are certainly ahead of a lot of the bubble playoff teams in the east. i suppose if mason sucks and their D goes downhill with the loss of timonen and hartnell's presence is sorely missed it could happen i guess...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    has anyone even said the flyers are not a playoff team this year? i don't consider them a 100% lock but they are certainly ahead of a lot of the bubble playoff teams in the east. i suppose if mason sucks and their D goes downhill with the loss of timonen and hartnell's presence is sorely missed it could happen i guess...
    You're the 2nd person who's given this response. To this I say, yes. On Twitter, there are many who are all but guaranteeing the Flyers will miss out in spring.

Banned

no way are the flyers a lock. lots of teams in the mix, all with warts just like the flyers. lots of things can go wrong or right in a season and the flyers need more to go right to make the playoffs. same as those they are competing with. if giroux gets injurred, their season is over.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    no way are the flyers a lock. lots of teams in the mix, all with warts just like the flyers. lots of things can go wrong or right in a season and the flyers need more to go right to make the playoffs. same as those they are competing with. if giroux gets injurred, their season is over.
    Well duh? Do you see the Rangers doing damage without McDonagh or Lundqvist? If you take any team's best player, they're going to be significantly worse.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ASquared View Post
    Well duh? Do you see the Rangers doing damage without McDonagh or Lundqvist? If you take any team's best player, they're going to be significantly worse.
    well duh. did you read the rest of what i said? doesn't matter cause i never read your articles either.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    well duh. did you read the rest of what i said? doesn't matter cause i never read your articles either.
    Relax, bro. I was just being playful, not insulting.