Thread: trading draft picks for d-men

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default trading draft picks for d-men

Hello..I have managed to get 1st, 2nd, and 3rd overall picks in the upcoming draft pool. It\'s a keeper league and I\'m absolutely set at forward and goal for the future. It\'s on d that I\'m not so goodI wonder if I\'m screwing myself to offer the 3rd pick for phaneuf, weber, pitkanen, or matt carle? Or should I just go with the obvious draft picks....Any thoughts would be appreciated...Thanks!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re:trading draft picks for d-men

Need more info...
    What kind of players will be available at 1,2,3 in your upcoming draft?
    Are you required to have a certain # of d-men on your team, or dress a certain number on any given night/week?
    What are your scoring rules?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hi, the draft that I have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in is the entry draft....all of the teams already have all of our players and we carry them all over year to year. We can have as many d men as we want, we always have to have 6 dressed, and we keep track of every stat imaginable....so basically I\'m wondering if I should make a pitch for a an established d man rather than one of kane, turris, or vanriemsdyk....I wonder if 3rd overall is more valuable than just an established dman? thanks.

If your pool is anything like ours (our F get goals, assists, points, PIM, P/M) our D gets all the above as well as defence points. Making D men very important. Regardless if everyone is already protecting players, I would definitly trade my 3rd for a guy like Phaneuf or Weber.

In that case, you\'d be getting a sweet deal if you can convince you to give up one of those D-men in exchange for your #3 pick. Heck, if it were me I\'d trade all 3 picks for any 3 of the d-men on your list. Especially since you\'re set at the forward positions and are short on D, this is a no-brainer. Unless you\'re rebuilding for 10 years away it\'s always better to get a young but established guy instead of an unproven prospect.

On a side note, I wouldn\'t rank vanriemsdyk in the top 3 for fantasy value...

Dobber Sports Padawan

I dont know who\'s available, obviously, but you could consider taking a d-man if a johnson\'s available.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Kane, Cherpanov, and Esposito seem the most NHL ready and might have decent value in a trade.

I\'d go one of the d-men you mentioned if you can get one straihht up for the third pick.

Dobber Sports Initiate

flamesfan wrote:
    Hello..I have managed to get 1st, 2nd, and 3rd overall picks in the upcoming draft pool. It\'s a keeper league and I\'m absolutely set at forward and goal for the future. It\'s on d that I\'m not so goodI wonder if I\'m screwing myself to offer the 3rd pick for phaneuf, weber, pitkanen, or matt carle? Or should I just go with the obvious draft picks....Any thoughts would be appreciated...Thanks!
    Everyone knows what Phaneuf brings to the table and Weber looks like he\'s going to be a stud too, but if I were you I\'d go after Carle. I think he\'ll put up more points down the road than the other guys.

Oh. And how did you manage to get the 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall picks? You must have been working the phones something fierce!
    Team 1
    C: Kuznetsov
    LW: Ovechkin, Hall, Gaudreau, Huberdeau
    RW: Perry, Voracek, Nyquist
    D: Hedman,
    G: Schneider, Hellebuyck*
    Prospects: Lazar, Mantha, Bjorkstrand, Gillies, P.L. Dubois, Konency
    * Prospect Bonus

Team 2
    C: Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom, Coyle
    LW: Saad, Lucic, van Reimsdyk, Kuznetsov
    RW: Ovechkin, Connolly
    D: Byfuglein, Krug, Green, Lindholm, Savard
    G: Price, Varlamov, Anderson, Bernier, Pickard
    Prospects: Nurse, Milano, Hellebuyck, Jarry, Gillies, Chychrun

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I already owned 2nd overall, but then I traded phaneuf(stupid) for kessel and 1st overall...not bad...I can\'t remember how exactly I got 3rd, but it was to someone trying to make a push near the end of the season...thanks for the advice!

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would try to get Letang from pittsburg, This guy should be the QB of the future for a PP that will have crosby, malkin and Espo in the future with whitney on the otherside of him.