Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kuznetsov vs Galchenyuk

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Kuznetsov vs Galchenyuk

I think Galchenyuk has a slightly higher ceiling. It's tough, but I would Kuz in the short term. Gally really needs a better coach in Montreal that will unleash his wings and let him fly.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Galchenyuk for me.

Kuznetsov is the C2 for Washington.
    Best case, he gets some spot time with Ovechkin on his LW and he gets onto the PP1 unit.
    Worst case, he stays at C2 with Backstrom/Ovechkin up on line 1... and perhaps Kuz only gets PP2 time as well.

*Important in fantasy hockey to remember that teams roll their players out in lines. Kuznetsov isn't going to soak high point totals from Ovechkin/Backstrom if he's not out there with them.

I'd prefer to have Galchenyuk who seems to have the wing/center flexibility to be a top line player with Montreal for the coming future and not buried behind anybody.

Dobber Sports Deity

I still think long-term that Galchenyuk will be the better option.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm still a big fan of Galchenyuk - I still see him as the better long-term option.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Genius

Galchenyuk for me.

Dobber Sports Genius

I think Kuznetsov is going to see some first line time with OV in October. I expect Backstrom will still be healing from his surgery (whether he is in the line up or not). With Brouwer gone and Trotz's reluctance to let Johansson take a faceoff, Kuznetsov is going to get some cherry minutes. This *should/could/will* inflate his value at the start of the season, especially if he opens the season with 10 points in his first 8-10 games.

Looking at the the bigger picture of the entire season I think that Galchenyuk is poised for 60+ points no matter what happen.

In a one year pool I think I would roll the dice on Kuznetsov. In a keeper pool I want Galchenyuk hands down.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"