Thread: Looking for feedback on Fantrax's live online draft

Administrator

Default Looking for feedback on Fantrax's live online draft

Hi all,

I've moved my league to Fantrax, but have never used the online draft feature, so I'd like to know if some of you had. If so, what do you like (or don't like) about it?

I've used the Yahoo online draft several times already in the past and am wondering how Fantrax compares in that respect.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to access any Mock drafts in Fantrax to give it a try. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Thanks for your help!
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Looking for feedback on Fantrax's live online draft

One of my keeper leagues uses it but we use it for the prospect draft. It's alright but nothing special. It works very similar to the Yahoo ones from what I remember. I still prefer to use a forum/proboard to draft prospects but that's just me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

It works great, has lots of features to pause and rewind the picks if necessary or the commish can pick for a GM if he can't be online.
    It's much better than the Yahoo ones I remember but I haven't played Yahoo in a few years.
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

It works fine, but don't count on the email notification functionality... Reliance on that can cause a cluster....

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by cullitons View Post
    It works fine, but don't count on the email notification functionality... Reliance on that can cause a cluster....
    My league didn't have issues with this until late in the draft, like our 15th round plus.

I've generally found fantrax to be very good with their draft. I've been impressed and they work all the time to improve it. They added in draft trades this year which is nice.

It can be a little buggy at times, but they offer enough tools to the commissioner that it shouldn't be a huge deal.

I'd give it a B level ranking. It's strong but not special.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Novice

Works fine, with good feature for commishes. We did however have a problem with auto-picking this summer where 2 guys were given Fantrax's BPA instead of the top player on their list. It was easy enough for the commish to fix though, but still annoying.

I don't know if it was a one-time thing or something more problematic, but something to keep an eye on.
    Strategies, tips and tricks coming soon at www.smartfantasyhockey.com

Administrator

Thanks all - I appreciate the feedback. It looks like it's a fairly positive experience overall.
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)