Thread: Morgan now? Or Morgan Later?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Morgan now? Or Morgan Later?

Seems pretty unanimous that most feel Morgan Rielly will be a big fantasy contributor eventually.

My question...

Will Rielly be a big fantasy contributor?
    How long until he starts to hit those "bars"
    Would anyone drop Rielly and keep Carlson as their #4 D this year... Knowing that they may not have a chance to reacquire Rielly should they let him go?

I finished 2nd on a team that struggled with Rinne (replaced now by Bobrovski) and a hurt Tavares for the 2nd part of last season.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Morgan now? Or Morgan Later?

Last year it was Carlson I think.. But if you believe in him, this is the year to hold on, I think. (Although I do not think he will do as well, but it's when the talent shows)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    Last year it was Carlson I think.. But if you believe in him, this is the year to hold on, I think. (Although I do not think he will do as well, but it's when the talent shows)
    Hmmm. Lol. That's a lack lustre response.

So you're telling me this may be the year to hold on and muscle through the growing pains with Rielly or risk losing him for when he's fantasy relevant?

Dobber Sports Deity

I am on the "Morgan now" train. With the new additions to the backend in Washington, especially Niskanen, I won't be surprised to see Carlsons numbers start to hold true (even possible slight regression) while I think this is the year Rielly starts to move in the right direction.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Hmmm. Lol. That's a lack lustre response.

So you're telling me this may be the year to hold on and muscle through the growing pains with Rielly or risk losing him for when he's fantasy relevant?
    Yep.. I think he is average this year, but that his true colors star flying and you will never get him back if you let him go. If you believe.. Keep.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Buff said. Tis

Dobber Sports Superstar

Keep Rielly, as this may be the year, or next that he really progresses. You would have a better chance at redrafting Carlson if you want him back, as stated above couple of guys ahead of him unless they trade Green?
    Better upside, no guts no glory.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Pro

I own both and I'd keep Reilly
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.