Thread: 24 years ago today....

Dobber Sports Deity

Default 24 years ago today....

We lost Stevie Ray Vaughan. Sad, sad day for this guy. I am a country bumpkin but I still love listening to one of, if not THE, greatest guitar players of all time. No one rocked a 12 string acoustic like SRV. Here is a perfect example. I still listen to this youtube classic on a regular basis. RIP SRV!

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: 24 years ago today....

I was only 3 years old when he passed away, but dam I love his music. Only imagine what could have been had he not gotten into that helicopter.

Dobber Sports Ace

I heard the news on my car radio, driving from Nanaimo, BC (having just finished a summer fisheries job) to Victoria. My favourite was always "Couldn't Stand The Weather".

Dobber Sports Wizard

Damnit!! How the hell did I miss this thread. Well better late than never.

I love Little Wing, one of the best instrumentals ever, but steadily over the years this one is gaining in my humble opinion. Right now I'd put it shoulder to shoulder with Little Wing....

One of life's truly sublime joys(the greatest?) is grabbing a pint of your favorite beer and just kick your feet up and listen to that man tear up a guitar. He never made I song I didn't absolutely love. The music world is an emptier place without his talent, but at the same time so much richer for the legacy he left behind and the ones who followed his inspiration.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Damnit!! How the hell did I miss this thread. Well better late than never.

I love Little Wing, one of the best instrumentals ever, but steadily over the years this one is gaining in my humble opinion. Right now I'd put it shoulder to shoulder with Little Wing....

One of life's truly sublime joys(the greatest?) is grabbing a pint of your favorite beer and just kick your feet up and listen to that man tear up a guitar. He never made I song I didn't absolutely love. The music world is an emptier place without his talent, but at the same time so much richer for the legacy he left behind and the ones who followed his inspiration.
    Little Wing, shit yea! Have not heard that in a while

Dobber Sports Ace

The only guy I've ever heard do Voodoo Chile justice
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Star

I am sad that I missed this thread too. I was lucky enough to see Stevie Ray Vaughan live a couple of years before he died. It was one of the greatest concerts I have ever seen. Sadly, I didn't have the appreciation for him back then, that I do now. One of the greatest of all time.

Rylant