Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Oilers invite undrafted Vladimir Tkachev to camp

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Oilers invite undrafted Vladimir Tkachev to camp

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Slepyshev?? When are Doc, Grumpy, Bashful, Happy, Sneezy, and Dopey getting their invites??
    Pretty sure Jiri Dopita retired a while back, but he could come to camp I guess. I suppose Ruslan Bashkirov could make a comeback too. Do the Stars still own the rights to Sinitsyn? I'd imagine he'd be cheap enough to acquire via trade. Would you accept Goc instead of Doc? There are a few of them kicking around. I will leave finding a Happy and Grumpy up to you. I think I've done my part.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Pretty sure Jiri Dopita retired a while back, but he could come to camp I guess. I suppose Ruslan Bashkirov could make a comeback too. Do the Stars still own the rights to Sinitsyn? I'd imagine he'd be cheap enough to acquire via trade. Would you accept Goc instead of Doc? There are a few of them kicking around. I will leave finding a Happy and Grumpy up to you. I think I've done my part.
    HaHaHa.. This is some good material!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Veteran

So how is it looking for this kid? He and Yakimov seem to be playing great in pre-season.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think they will end up signing him to a contract but he will be back in Jr before long.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

There's been some speculation that he has already been offered a contract but is weighing whether it might be better to hold off and re-enter the draft next season. Seems like an awfully big gamble if true. No idea whether that's actually the case or not though.

He's looked great, but he's just way too light at this point.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    There's been some speculation that he has already been offered a contract but is weighing whether it might be better to hold off and re-enter the draft next season. Seems like an awfully big gamble if true. No idea whether that's actually the case or not though.

He's looked great, but he's just way too light at this point.
    It may be better off for him really.. He wouldn't get a chance in Edmonton, if he re-enters the draft and turns the Q upside down (which I fully expect him to do) he could be draft fairly high and to a team that needs him a little more.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dodospice View Post
    It may be better off for him really.. He wouldn't get a chance in Edmonton, if he re-enters the draft and turns the Q upside down (which I fully expect him to do) he could be draft fairly high and to a team that needs him a little more.
    He went undrafted this year and would be another year older. Would have to avoid injury, navigate the Russian factor, and put up huge points. And even still ... he's itty bitty. 141 lbs at training camp. 141 lbs!!! No idea what's going to happen for him to be honest.

Administrator

I'd bet on him signing. Consider a couple of examples: Tanner Pearson and Sergei Tolchinsky.

Tolchinsky has an amazing camp last year and signs with Carolina but ultimately heads back to junior. He has a great year but wasn't impressive coming back this year. He signed for a really cheap deal but he's got that deal in his back pocket.

Tanner Pearson had to re-enter the draft a couple of times but when he was finally drafted after an amazing year he went late first round and signed for less than $1 million annually, so barely a raise over what Tolchinsky got. If you'd told him in any of the previous years he could sign a deal with a team undrafted he'd have jumped at it I'm sure. He didn't have much leverage as a late first and didn't get that much more money than Tolchinsky got on his deal (though some $300,000 a year isn't chump change by any means) but he had to put his body on the line for two extra seasons to earn it.

I think Tkachev signs. He's going to Jr. Either way but if he's gambling even getting an NHL deal over $300,000 a season, it's not worth it.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

I don't think his contract would count towards their 50 either so why wouldn't they sign him??
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

He went undrafted this year and would be another year older. Would have to avoid injury, navigate the Russian factor, and put up huge points. And even still ... he's itty bitty. 141 lbs at training camp. 141 lbs!!! No idea what's going to happen for him to be honest.
    Did he actually weigh in at 141 pounds...? That's ridiculously small, I still am surprised a team didn't draft him though.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dodospice View Post
    Did he actually weigh in at 141 pounds...? That's ridiculously small, I still am surprised a team didn't draft him though.
    Yes he did.

Only 9 pounds smaller that Gaudreau.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yes he did.

Only 9 pounds smaller that Gaudreau.
    ...and those Flames probably used the special Theo Fleury height and weight measuring devices. They round up generously.

Dobber Sports Pro

Grimaldi - 5'6 160lbs - 2nd Round draft choice (I wanted to pick him because I had pretty much forgotten about him)
    Tkachev - 5'9 163lbs - Undrafted

Just one example. It is like GM's do not want to risk small Russian players who come to play in North America because ???, and yet smaller North Americans get drafted. I never understand why GM's wouldn't use a 7th round pick on these kids that go undrafted...
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    Grimaldi - 5'6 160lbs - 2nd Round draft choice (I wanted to pick him because I had pretty much forgotten about him)
    Tkachev - 5'9 163lbs - Undrafted

Just one example. It is like GM's do not want to risk small Russian players who come to play in North America because ???, and yet smaller North Americans get drafted. I never understand why GM's wouldn't use a 7th round pick on these kids that go undrafted...

Tkachev's Jr team had him weighing at that weight and it was not correct. He weighed 141 at oiler camp. That's a huge difference. He will need to put on at least 30 lbs to even get a sniff at an nhl spot. However he is not super short and he's still young so he could totally do it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    I never understand why GM's wouldn't use a 7th round pick on these kids that go undrafted...
    ...because then they wouldn't be undrafted.

Of course, I'm kidding. I think we all cheer for the underdogs, but I think GM's often choose size over skill. It's more fun to watch skill.