Thread: Oilers invite undrafted Vladimir Tkachev to camp

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Oilers invite undrafted Vladimir Tkachev to camp

Absolutely. No harm, no foul.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Anyone else feeling like this is Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson all over again (minus the hype?)
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post
    Anyone else feeling like this is Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson all over again (minus the hype?)
    You mean a prospect that the Oilers can trade for another Perron? I bet the Oilers hope so!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    You mean a prospect that the Oilers can trade for another Perron? I bet the Oilers hope so!
    Well played.

I just get the feeling he's another smaller skill guy who won't be able to crack the Top 6, and will eventually find success elsewhere, be it the NHL or overseas.

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Dobber Sports Deity

I don't see the comparison at all really. MPS was a top 10 draft pick, over 6' and 200lbs. I am still a big believer that he was never really utilized properly in the NHL, both by Edmonton and now by St Louis.

This kid was passed over in the draft simply because of his size, not his skill. If this kid was 5'10" and played with the skill he has, he would have been a 1st round draft pick.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the comparison you are hinting at.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    What's the cut off for signing an undrafted guy like that that can re-enter the draft?
    CBA 8.9 (b) (ii) had played hockey in North America the prior season and was under age 20 at the time of the last Entry Draft, and signed an SPC which was signed and registered with the League between the conclusion of the Entry Draft and commencement of the Major Juniors season (except that if such Player had signed an NHL try-out form, which was signed and registered with the League during the aforesaid time period, then the deadline for signing and registering with the League an SPC with such try-out Club shall be the commencement of the NHL Season).
    So there's two possible deadlines - either the start of major juniors season or the start of the NHL season. If Tkachev has signed a try-out deal with the Oilers, then the latter deadline is applicable.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I don't see the comparison at all really. MPS was a top 10 draft pick, over 6' and 200lbs. I am still a big believer that he was never really utilized properly in the NHL, both by Edmonton and now by St Louis.

This kid was passed over in the draft simply because of his size, not his skill. If this kid was 5'10" and played with the skill he has, he would have been a 1st round draft pick.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the comparison you are hinting at.
    I have to agree that I don't see any kind of connection to MPS.

After doing more digging on this kid though I think we have some other concerns with his lack of defensive play. However, this is mainly from reports of people who watched him play a few times, so nothing too definitive.

My excitement has been pulled back quite a bit, but since it costs very little to see him at camp, I'm not complaining.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I have to agree that I don't see any kind of connection to MPS.

After doing more digging on this kid though I think we have some other concerns with his lack of defensive play. However, this is mainly from reports of people who watched him play a few times, so nothing too definitive.

My excitement has been pulled back quite a bit, but since it costs very little to see him at camp, I'm not complaining.
    He may have meant Linus Omark. The size is closer - otherwise comparison to MPS makes no sense.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    He may have meant Linus Omark. The size is closer - otherwise comparison to MPS makes no sense.
    You're absolutely bang-on.

It was Omark I was thinking of - sorry everybody. Apparently my brain took yesterday off...

Dobber Sports Ninja

That makes a bit more sense. Sure, there's a bit of Omark rattling around there. But he's not Omark, he's Tkachev. So they will give him a chance to see what he's made of I suppose.

Dobber Sports Deity

You're absolutely bang-on.

It was Omark I was thinking of - sorry everybody. Apparently my brain took yesterday off...
    Gotcha. That makes more sense.

Dobber Sports Stud

That makes a bit more sense. Sure, there's a bit of Omark rattling around there. But he's not Omark, he's Tkachev. So they will give him a chance to see what he's made of I suppose.
    I wish Omark had worked out. I would have loved to have seen more of those creative shootout moves in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    I wish Omark had worked out. I would have loved to have seen more of those creative shootout moves in the NHL.
    Yeah, he was a lot fun to watch.

Dobber Sports Ace

chances of him making the team?
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by vitun-tyhmä View Post
    chances of him making the team?
    He's playing for a contract, not a roster spot.