Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Warning : Possible Virus/Malware?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Warning : Possible Virus/Malware?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    Well then, if you haven't had any issues then it must be all fine I'm sure

Did you even bother to read the thread? Try it, you might learn a thing or two

• If it's from an ad (as Dobber claims) then it is regional, that's how ad networks work, they target by region, device, demographics etc. So unless you're flying all over North America on a daily basis the amount of time you spend on the site here doing god's work is irrelevant.
    • If it's not from an ad and is being triggered by some piece of malicious code embedded into the forum then there could be dozens of reasons why you have yet to see it, the most obvious of course being that the last thing a hacker would want to do is alert administrators and moderators to his presence, so he'd likely omit those accounts completely from anything sneaky he was trying to do.
    Go roll your eyes in some other direction.

Of course I have read the thread and I am telling you (who seems to be the main complainer in this thread) and anyone else who reads this thread that maybe it's not this site causing your issues.

There's an easy way for your problems (and ours) to stop happening, assuming it is this site. Stop frequenting this site.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Default Re: Warning : Virus/Malware on Dobberhockey

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Go roll your eyes in some other direction.

Of course I have read the thread and I am telling you (who seems to be the main complainer in this thread) and anyone else who reads this thread that maybe it's not this site causing your issues.

There's an easy way for your problems (and ours) to stop happening, assuming it is this site. Stop frequenting this site.

There's no complaining going on here, it's called education, if you stopped running your mouth and trying to be the big man for once and paid attention you might actually learn something of value. Instead if trying to sweep it under the rug and pretend nothing is amiss why not try to be part of the solution and get to the bottom of it? The fact that multiple people have been reporting this for the last 2-3 weeks and that new people continue to report tells me the problem still exists. And the fact that you spend a "hell of a lot more time on this site than most" doesn't make a damn bit of difference, regardless of what your ego tells you.

If it's an ad lets try to find the ad, and the provider that is serving it. If it's not an ad lets try to track down when the behavior occurs on the forum, that's how you find the solution!

If any of you would like to help in this effort, can you download Fiddler? (http://www.telerik.com/download/fiddler) There's a tutorial video right on the site to show how to use it. It's basically just a tool that logs all requests your machine makes while browsing including redirects, it's very handy for tracking and debugging networking issues. Just turn it on to record when you start browsing the forums and if you happen to get the ad or virus warning then you can look immediately at Fiddler and see what was requested and from where. That could really help track down the issue.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I got this one: trojan downloader win32/clikug.b

And I have adblock plus active for the forum.
    GO WINGS!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    I got this one: trojan downloader win32/clikug.b

And I have adblock plus active for the forum.
    That's telling. Ad Block Plus isn't perfect of course but it does do a pretty decent job of filtering out most domains that serve back malware so the fact that you got this anyway suggests its not from an ad.

I assume you already looked up the virus description? http://www.microsoft.com/security/po...Win32/Clikug.A
    Did your tool of choice catch it immediately and destroy it or did it come up on a regularly scheduled scan?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    That's telling. Ad Block Plus isn't perfect of course but it does do a pretty decent job of filtering out most domains that serve back malware so the fact that you got this anyway suggests its not from an ad.

I assume you already looked up the virus description? http://www.microsoft.com/security/po...Win32/Clikug.A
    Did your tool of choice catch it immediately and destroy it or did it come up on a regularly scheduled scan?
    Came up twice on malwarebtes alerts on two different days, asking me to quarantine it. Of course, I can't be 100% sure that it came from Dobber's network, but when others reported about trojans, logic tells me that it's a likely source. And yes, of course I read the description. Or at least that's a no-brainer to me

I just installed fiddler and I'll have it running in the background if something else happens.
    GO WINGS!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post

I just installed fiddler and I'll have it running in the background if something else happens.
    Awesome! It will log everything to it's console window so if you do see something detected by your malwarebytes, take a quick look at the response window and you should be able to locate the offending request.You can also save off the session to a file, or you can just copy and paste the relevant lines into a text editor. Also the Result will show the HTTP codes for each request...200 is normal (found) response, anything in the 300 range is mostly redirects, the 400 range is a bad request of some kind and 500 is mostly for remote server errors.