Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Slow forum?

I...am your father.

Default Re: Slow forum?

Quote Originally Posted by maximumass View Post
    I got that too, I closed out of everything immediately because it looked like malware exploit or something like that.

This is my work computer so I can't afford a virus, if that's what's going on with this site I'm going to have to find somewhere else to get my hockey fix
    I can't re-create using Explorer, sorry. If it doesn't happen to everyone, it's probably something on your own machine. My server is squeaky clean - especially today, with 50 different sets of eyes going through it with a comb. The issues are in the coding, not a virus. Besides, I have a powerful firewall on my server. No virus
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I can't re-create using Explorer, sorry. If it doesn't happen to everyone, it's probably something on your own machine. My server is squeaky clean - especially today, with 50 different sets of eyes going through it with a comb. The issues are in the coding, not a virus. Besides, I have a powerful firewall on my server. No virus
    FWIW - I had a sketchy looking redirect on Safari on my iPhone, though it only happened once.

Most of the time the site either wouldn't load, loaded incredibly slowly, or threw a variety of error messages at me.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I'll see if I can recreate it and get back to you. I'll try and give you exact details. I only bring it up because this was the only website that I was getting this from and I am almost religious about anti-virus etc.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post
    Most of the time the site either wouldn't load, loaded incredibly slowly, or threw a variety of error messages at me.
    Me too. I've never had re-directs of any kind ever.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I'll see if I can recreate it and get back to you. I'll try and give you exact details. I only bring it up because this was the only website that I was getting this from and I am almost religious about anti-virus etc.
    Ditto. Like I said, this is my virgin new work laptop, corporate Anti-Virus out the wazoo and I don't download anything even remotely questionable. I never had any other issues with shady redirects. You might have some gremlins in your kitchen Dobber.
    Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.

16 Team Keeper Keep 10, start 15 (3C-3LW-3RW-4D-2G)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, W, SO, GAA, S%

C: Duchene, Giroux, Richards B
    LW: Kessel, Vanek, Marchand
    RW: Perry, Nyqvist, Voraeck
    D: Weber, Wisneiwsky,Phaneuf,Josi,McDonough
    G: Varlamov, Bobrovsky
    BN: Lecavalier, Palat, Bonino

Dobber Sports Ninja

It just happened again. quicksoftwareupdate . com was the website I was redirected to. It only happens with Dobberhockey, and as far as I can tell, only the main page. It hasn't happened with the forums at all.

Asking me to install Lightsparkplayer Pro

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    It just happened again. quicksoftwareupdate . com was the website I was redirected to. It only happens with Dobberhockey, and as far as I can tell, only the main page. It hasn't happened with the forums at all.

Asking me to install Lightsparkplayer Pro
    Sounds identical to what I got - but I only had it happen once.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!