Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MacKinnion deal

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: MacKinnion deal

I got the pick I used to draft him straight across for RNH - sometimes you just get lucky and win a trade by a landslide.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would agree and ask for Tavares for Mac (with a small + to Mac if needed). Last year I traded Kopitar and my 3rd round pick for the 1st overall pick and an 11th rounder which ended up being MacK and Monahan. Maybe that needs to be a new thread... "i traded ____ and got Mackinnon' as a return
    12 Team Keeper (keep 14)
    G,A,+/-,PIMS, GWG, W,SA, SO

C - Seguin, Monahan, RNH
    RW - Mackinnon, Duchene, Hornqvist
    LW -Hoffman, Marleau, Panik,
    D - Fowler, Hedman, Ristolainen, Barrie, Klefbom, Goligoski
    Util - Coyle, Tatar, Little, Ladd,
    Goalie - Rask, Varly
    , Grubauer, Forsberg, Bobby Lou

2013/2014 League Champion

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by 2 for diving View Post
    I would agree and ask for Tavares for Mac (with a small + to Mac if needed). Last year I traded Kopitar and my 3rd round pick for the 1st overall pick and an 11th rounder which ended up being MacK and Monahan. Maybe that needs to be a new thread... "i traded ____ and got Mackinnon' as a return
    Yes there does. The guy in my league traded MacKinnon for Turris early on this season. Mind you it's not a dynasty, its just a 12 man keep 6 so there's always elite talent available in the draft, but still.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    Yes there does. The guy in my league traded MacKinnon for Turris early on this season. Mind you it's not a dynasty, its just a 12 man keep 6 so there's always elite talent available in the draft, but still.
    Unless he has the top six players in the league, I don't see how that works out well for him.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Cupper66 View Post
    League in sig. A Gm really wants Mackinnion some players on his team are Toews, Ovechkin, Pavelski, Pacioretty and Tavares but I doubt he would be available. What's everyone's thoughts? Should I just hold on to MacKinnion or what should I ask for?
    Since you're not exactly actively shopping him, I wouldn't move him unless Tavares was in the trade. Otherwise, be happy that you have one of the top players in the entire league on your roster. If he really wants him, make him pay up, and if he walks away you have nothing to feel bad about.

I don't see your signature...

Fantrax 18-Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G), 25/30
    Unlimited call-ups = 134 gms
    G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, W, GAA, S, SV%

C: Stamkos, Stepan, Little, T.J.
    W: Kessel, MaGranlund, Simmonds, Landeskog, Hall, Lucic, B.Ritchie, Burakovsky
    D: Gogo, Keith, Leddy, Dumba, Barrie, Forbert,
    G: Rask/Anderson/Mason
    B: Filppula/Hartman/Vrbata/Clendening

Farm: Chartier, Forsbacka Karlsson, Bowers, Chmelevski, Geekie, Gourde, AMorand, MShaw, Haapala, Merkley, Katchouk, Korshkov, Kovacs, Shinkaruk, Lindblom, O'Regan, Bear, Bengtsson, Jokiharju, Kylington, Paigin, Grzelcyk, Stanley, Vaakanainen, Koekkoek, Walman, Fitzpatrick, Berube, Pickard, Zhukov

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    He wants to do this, so make him pay. I would ask for Tavares, at least. Let his desire for MacK be his undoing and your payday.
    I'd ask for Taravres as well. Sell him on COL has alot of supporting player to bolster his development and points potenial ;P
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi

Quote Originally Posted by Kabonov View Post
    I'd ask for Taravres as well. Sell him on COL has alot of supporting player to bolster his development and points potenial ;P
    Shouldn't even have to sell him on that, its well known by now I would think!

Dobber Sports Genius

If its a multi cat with SOG or Hits I think Ovi is worth it, and if not the then JT. I think Mack will be great but still he's no guarrenteed 80 + guy yet, we might look back in three years and say dam I wish I sold high on him as he settles in as a 65-75 point guy or we might kick ourselves.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

If you can do it straight up for Ovechkin, I would!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Let me get this straight...You traded away a PROVEN comodity and usual top 20/15 player in top notch centre kopitar AND a 3rd rounder for essentially the unkonwn of a 1st overall? You ended up with Mack and and a default of Monohan (which was a steal if you ask me...in the 11th round).

Tell me...at any given time, did you ever waiver on who you were going to take? I do recall quite the prevalent "Drouin vs Mack" uncertainty in the hockey world last year. Or were you scouting Mack the entire time.

You end up winning this trade by a landslide IMO but just as easily could have been toiling away frustrated last year had you selected Drouin instead, who did nothing more than light up the minors.

Well that's a Classic example of RISK paying off in HUGE REWARD if you ask me!

It would be even better if you were able to keep Monhan (you're 11th round selection) this year. I see he's not bolded on your team yet. Regardless...Tip of the hat to you sir!

How did you finish off last year with that extra young team if you don't mid me asking?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    Ooops! Ah Snap! Sounds like my opportunistic acquisition of Tavares for my white hot Dubinsky (straight up) in my Keep 14... 10 team (at that time) league.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    If its a multi cat with SOG or Hits I think Ovi is worth it, and if not the then JT. I think Mack will be great but still he's no guarrenteed 80 + guy yet, we might look back in three years and say dam I wish I sold high on him as he settles in as a 65-75 point guy or we might kick ourselves.
    What he said...

He is a great player but people need to tone down the hype a little bit and look at what he is.
    He is a 70 point guy consistently with maybe a couple 80 point campaigns, to trade him for JT or Ovie would be a HUGE sell on his hype and you would get a great return.

Good luck but I wouldn't take the chance if I was the partner GM.

If this was a keep all and you were going with a rebuild then it would be worth a shot.

I would say should fetch a guy like Perry or kessel and no way you should be able to get a top 5

Depending on cats of course
    H2H 12 team 6 player Keeper League
    Goals/Assists/Points/PlusMinus/PPP/Pims/Hits/SOG
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C: Seguin, Stamkos, Couturier, Toews, Dzingel
    LW: Panarin, Rakell,Schmaltz, Bertuzzi, Haula
    RW: Tarasenko, Marner,Kucherov
    D: Hamilton, Klingberg, Schultz, Faulk, Ghost, Gustafson.
    G:Murray

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Let me get this straight...You traded away a PROVEN comodity and usual top 20/15 player in top notch centre kopitar AND a 3rd rounder for essentially the unkonwn of a 1st overall? You ended up with Mack and and a default of Monohan (which was a steal if you ask me...in the 11th round).

Tell me...at any given time, did you ever waiver on who you were going to take? I do recall quite the prevalent "Drouin vs Mack" uncertainty in the hockey world last year. Or were you scouting Mack the entire time.

You end up winning this trade by a landslide IMO but just as easily could have been toiling away frustrated last year had you selected Drouin instead, who did nothing more than light up the minors.

Well that's a Classic example of RISK paying off in HUGE REWARD if you ask me!

It would be even better if you were able to keep Monhan (you're 11th round selection) this year. I see he's not bolded on your team yet. Regardless...Tip of the hat to you sir!

How did you finish off last year with that extra young team if you don't mid me asking?

To be honest i waivered probably every day on Dru v Mack, but relied on the fact that the Avs prob had the best player in mind when they picked him #1. he also fit in well with my duchene and landy - so have been able to capitalise on the Avs offensive play last year. Certainly a risk / reward but needed to make a change since i was a perennial bottom team which finished 6th the year prior. Last year i won my pool (with a young team) but was helped by the strength of Varly and Rask (as they out pointed crosby in our league setup).. as well as some misfortune hitting the 2nd place team with some injuries.

Monahan (i agree a huge steal in the last round of our draft) is most likely my last keeper but i waiver between him and 'angry ball of hate' marchand on a daily basis on that final keeper.

Doubt i could get mac for kopi and 3rd this year
    12 Team Keeper (keep 14)
    G,A,+/-,PIMS, GWG, W,SA, SO

C - Seguin, Monahan, RNH
    RW - Mackinnon, Duchene, Hornqvist
    LW -Hoffman, Marleau, Panik,
    D - Fowler, Hedman, Ristolainen, Barrie, Klefbom, Goligoski
    Util - Coyle, Tatar, Little, Ladd,
    Goalie - Rask, Varly
    , Grubauer, Forsberg, Bobby Lou

2013/2014 League Champion

Dobber Sports Ninja

Do we still think MacKinnon is only an 80 point guy after watching him play this season? He's a truly remarkable player.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Doubt i could get mac for kopi and 3rd this year
    I believe you are right Sir!