Page 99 of 310 FirstFirst ... 49 89 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 109 149 199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Does anyone think the Jays would take a run at relief pitcher Darren O'Day considering the "love" between him and Jose Bautista?? LOL!
    Never would. It’s just not Bautista that doesn’t like him, and the team backs everyone up so much on that team.

Plus, I’m not even a big fan of O’Day’s talent. I think there’s just as good options out there and you don’t upset the team.

For some reason Chris Davis (1B of Baltimore) has been linked to the Jays. While we do need a 1B, and that’s arguably our weakest fielding position now, why get another bat? He did have a good season last yr, but he’s not what that lineup needs. 47HR, 117RBIs are good, but 208SO, and a 0.262avg is what I’d like to call rally killing.

His fielding is also just alright. He doesn’t commit a lot of errors, but he also doesn’t save a lot of runs. So he just doesn’t screw up. For the money he’ll command, it’ll be a lot for “just not screwing up” 1B.

The only way I see the Jays getting Chris Davis, is if they trade Tulo for a pitcher. Only way.
    Revere-Donaldson-Bautista-Edwin-Davis/Tulo-and so on. No way they tie up 10+mill in Donaldson, 20mill Tulo, and 15+in Davis for those positions, then the 10mill in Edwin for DH. That would be like 55-60mill tied up in your infield. Collabello was fine. Take the money you’ll spend on Davis and spend it on a pitcher.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Never would. It’s just not Bautista that doesn’t like him, and the team backs everyone up so much on that team.

Plus, I’m not even a big fan of O’Day’s talent. I think there’s just as good options out there and you don’t upset the team.

For some reason Chris Davis (1B of Baltimore) has been linked to the Jays. While we do need a 1B, and that’s arguably our weakest fielding position now, why get another bat? He did have a good season last yr, but he’s not what that lineup needs. 47HR, 117RBIs are good, but 208SO, and a 0.262avg is what I’d like to call rally killing.

His fielding is also just alright. He doesn’t commit a lot of errors, but he also doesn’t save a lot of runs. So he just doesn’t screw up. For the money he’ll command, it’ll be a lot for “just not screwing up” 1B.

The only way I see the Jays getting Chris Davis, is if they trade Tulo for a pitcher. Only way.
    Revere-Donaldson-Bautista-Edwin-Davis/Tulo-and so on. No way they tie up 10+mill in Donaldson, 20mill Tulo, and 15+in Davis for those positions, then the 10mill in Edwin for DH. That would be like 55-60mill tied up in your infield. Collabello was fine. Take the money you’ll spend on Davis and spend it on a pitcher.
    If they go out and get a big bat at first base, why wouldn't EE be the guy they should trade for pitching help? Wouldn't that make more sense?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

If they go out and get a big bat at first base, why wouldn't EE be the guy they should trade for pitching help? Wouldn't that make more sense?
    Won’t get the return on a guy who’s on his last yr of his deal. Baseball is big when it comes to team control. Plus Edwin is a DH more than a 1B now; he can play 1B well, but he always has a little nagging injury so they like having him rest half the game. Plus Toronto has Goins+Travis, so the backup SS for Toronto can slot right in and be in the running for Gold Glove.

Aren’t the Nationals looking for a SS now? Stratsburg had trade rumours around him last yr, but last yr of his deal…Padres will likely trade Krimbel+Ross at some point.

I’d personally keep the infield the same, maybe spend money on Davis, but I rather it go somewhere else. Upgrading 1B is a good idea, but the best options are Garret Jones, Davis, and Napoli. And the new Napoli owner isn’t going to be happy with his production/pay ratio.

2nd base we’re set at with Goins/Travis

SS we’re set at with Goins/Tulo

3B, maybe a guy who is a util guy because we have no one who can really 3B behind Donaldson

Catcher, Backup. If we sign Estrada, might as well try and get Navarro

SP. We have Dickey+Stroman+Hutch if needed. Sign 2 guys, either a Greinke/Price level of guy and a sub pitcher, or 2 solid guys. Zimmerman, Iwakuma, Kazmir, or Gallardo.

RP. There isn’t a guy on FA that I look at and say, I need him.

Dobber Sports Deity

Sounds like Estrada is all but done on a new two-year deal.

https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/sta...99902833999872

Nothing finalized, but lots of buzz #Bluejays, Estrada nearing 2-yr deal in $24M-$29M range. Would mean not taking $15.8M qualifying offer
    https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/st...55446148173825

If #BlueJays are close on two-year deal with Estrada, as @Joelsherman1 said, it is likely done, pending a physical.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

My guess. $26mill.

I like it. 13mill/yr, low contract length. Leaves them open to spend on another pitcher.

Stroman, Dickey, Estrada, Hutch (worse comes to worse). Then either a FA signing of another pitcher (please Greinke! But I’m thinking Zimmerman), or the possibility of Sanchez moving again to the rotation.

On the Tim and Sid show, I think Sid said there is no way financially that Jose, Tulo, and Edwin start the season on the same team. Honestly, I don’t quite get why he said that. Jose and Edwin are on great team contracts right now. It would have been better if he said in 2017 they won’t be on the same team.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Glad to hear they're close to getting Estrada done, nice to see that with all the Price talk they didn't forget about him. Can someone explain to me why he'd reject $15.8m- 1 year and then sign $26mil for 2?

I get that the deal is twice is long but aren't you betting against yourself to some degree? Are their other UFA/RFA/Arbitration ramifications to the longer deal?
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Deity

I am guessing because $26M is in the bank where as he could sign for $15M this year, fall from earth and not get anywhere near $11M next year if he only signed for the one year.

Guaranteed money and term I'd guess. I hope it doesn't happen but that would be my thoughts.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I am guessing because $26M is in the bank where as he could sign for $15M this year, fall from earth and not get anywhere near $11M next year if he only signed for the one year.

Guaranteed money and term I'd guess. I hope it doesn't happen but that would be my thoughts.
    Yeah that must be it. The flip is if you "bet on yourself" to have another good year then you make $15.8 mil and are likely looking at $15m going forward as opposed to $12m. I suppose he is 32 so its not like he's necessarily on an upward trend still, guaranteed money is guaranteed money... Huge stakes obviously but interesting none the less.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

You comebacker and a pitchers career is done. One bad throw and his arm is gone. You can go from a teams Home opening pitcher to nothing quickly (Hutch).

A pitchers career is so volatile. Ervin Santana was a big FA few yrs ago, remember Cliff Lee a top 5pitcher 2yrs ago? Lester was an afterthought this yr. You can go from awesome to meh in months with that position.

Pitchers like term. Honestly I’d rather term and slightly lower pay. He’s always had short term deals, so he prolly said, “I want at least a 2yr”, dudes gonna make over double of what he’s made in his career in 2yrs.

Dobber Sports Titan

Jays acquire Jesse Chavez
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ments-reaction

I don’t mind the move. We moved a long RP in Hendricks for a possible 5th starter in Chavez. If he gets 170IP, that’s great. Hutchinson will likely be moved to the same role Hendricks had, and he could do better than Hendricks in that role; Hutch just needs to train and get used to it. Hutch can prolly get his fastball up to high 90s if he gets a bit more mustard behind it. He’s used to conserving himself for 100pitch nights, so if he goes in and knows he can put a little extra behind a throw, he can get that FB up there.

As for Chavez, worse comes to worse, Hutch moves into the SP role over Chavez.

Dickey, Estrada, Stroman, Chavez/Hutch, Sanchez/New Pitcher. If we acquire a new pitcher, and maybe even a top RP, you can have Hutch, Chavez, and Sanchez fight it out for that final SP role.

Still clinging to the hopes we get Grienke, that would be assume. Grienke, Estrada, Stroman, Dickey, Hutch/Chavez/Sanchez is a very strong rotation. Then Grienke, Estrada, Stroman, and 1 of the final 4 would be a wicked playoff rotation. Speed/precision/bank of pitches, precision, Speed, Knuckler is a great mix up.

Salazar is also rumoured to be on the Jays radar, which is a solid 95mph FB thrower. He’s a FB, Changeup swing and miss guy, throwing those 2 pitches 89.4% of the time last yr. But can throw a Slider and Curve.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I never understand when I see or read things about the Jays rotation next year and Hutch is an automatic shoe in.. Personally, I think he needs to earn his spot back in the rotation, no freebee's
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's pretty much because he's the de facto 5th man atm because he can eat innings. I think ultimately the hope is that we acquire a one (or more) big arms so that Chavez because our #5 behind Stroman Estrada and Dickey (+1 more)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I never understand when I see or read things about the Jays rotation next year and Hutch is an automatic shoe in.. Personally, I think he needs to earn his spot back in the rotation, no freebee's
    Ya, my guess is that the rotation will be in no specific order:
    -Stroman
    -Dickey
    -Estrada
    -New guy
    -Chavez, Hutch, and Sanchez will duke it out for the final spot.

They also just got a bit of insurance when it comes to failing at FA. Hutch and Chavez will be starters, or a long relief guy (Hendricks role). Sanchez will be a starter or a setup guy. If they don’t get a starter in FA, Sanchez moves to a starter, 1 of the other is a starter and they get a RP in FA. If they fail at RP in FA, Sanchez could stay there, and have Chavez and Hutch starting. They’ve put a half decent security blanket down at the moment.

They’ve gotten their ducks in a row with this trade. Hendricks was really never going to be anything more than a long RP kind of guy for next yr, which is the Jays window. Chavez to be successful only has to pitch a sub 4ERA, eat up ~160IP, and win more games than he loses (11-10 record). That’s all that 5th spot needs to do. He throws Fastball (91) 35%, Slider (83) 6%, Cutter (90) 36%, Curveball (76) 5.5%, and a Changeup (84) 17.5%.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    It's pretty much because he's the de facto 5th man atm because he can eat innings. I think ultimately the hope is that we acquire a one (or more) big arms so that Chavez because our #5 behind Stroman Estrada and Dickey (+1 more)
    This is my thought as well. Until they actually go out and get someone better, or find someone better in the organization, he pretty much has to be in the rotation. He's not a bad pitcher, just dreadfully inconsistent. He just turned 25 years old and is still quite young in regards to baseball years.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Anyone else starting to hear that Price returning to Toronto is looking more realistic of late?

There was the one guy from Chicago, but now it's starting to pop up a little more frequently? The Chicago guy said the Cubs have a lesser TV deal signed years ago and won't really be looking to spend until 2018-2019 when they're able to renew it.

Who knows. I've also heard that it's just a smoke screen to drive up the price for Boston, but it's interesting, that's for sure.