Page 51 of 310 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Stroman to start on Saturday against the Yankees.
    Wow, what a way to start your MLB season, being given the ball in Yankee Stadium in September! We're going to see the kid's mental makeup in a hurry!
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Ninja

Stroman to start on Saturday against the Yankees.
    **** yeah! Gutsy move by Gibbons... love it.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    This doesn't give me the warm and fuzzys. After his last start in AAA, I would want to give him more time to rehab then go against the Yankees in NY.
    In all honesty like spring training starts, his minor lg start meant very little too me.im more for the fact that he came away healthy.

Saying that My concern is this is not April 7(hes rusty) its Sept. In the midst of a pennant race. Jays look desperate here woth Buerhle struggling.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The minor league start doesn't mean anything... it's a non-consequential final game of the season, nobody's playing it like they would a real game.

Given that this appears to be shaping up to be a dog fight to the very last game, I'm on board with the mentality that you have to make the decision that puts the team in the best position to win TODAY. That may or may not be Stroman, but we should definitely find out, and what better way to find out what he's made of than throwing him head first into a nationally televised game in his home town. Saturday's game is going to be off the hook!

Dobber Sports Expert

Great game tonite. Thk u RA.
    Not liking tomorrow with Hutch on the mound.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Love watching those redsox crumble in the 10th!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Awesome game tonight... made that much sweeter by the Yanks 9th inning choke.

What more can I say about my boy Donaldson that hasn't already been said? This guy shows up every night, hustles on every play and is probably the clutchest hitter in the league right now.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Awesome game. They had me a little worried with all those stranded runners. Can't waste opportunities like that, especially in Boston.
    Did anyone else understand why the Jays were so upset about Donaldson's triple in the 10th? Looked clear to me that it bounced right off the edge, so definitely not a dinger.
    Live it looked like a homerun, that’s the reason. You could see Smoak explain it and they all seemed pretty reasonable after that.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan321 View Post
    I'm scared aswell, but maybe the bats wake up and put up a 10 spot!! Warm up those bats!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Gave my gf a break from watching baseball for the night and managed to tune in right in time to see the Sox crumble. Gotta love win/win situations. Yikes Ogando was a mess.

With respect to the whole Stroman thing, it's a pretty interesting situation I think. I wouldn't just pass off the poor start in Buffalo as "it's a game that didn't matter" because that has absolutely no bearing on his ability to hit his spots and make good pitches. Granted, I didn't watch the game so I have absolutely zero clue if his poor start was because he wasn't hitting his spots, or if he was more focused on testing his pitches and limits as opposed to trying to pitch a dominant game, or maybe the other team was just seeing the ball well that night, it happens.
    That being said, I think he puts the team in the best position to win on Saturday. Buerhle has clearly been feeling the effects of his injury over the last few weeks. He managed to mix in one good start against the Tigers during that time but he's definitely feeling it, and he's the kind of guy that needs to be on top of his game to have a quality start since his velocity is actually dumpster tier. Gonna need him healthy if/when the playoff run comes. Not to mention Buehrle is hot garbage against the Yankees in his career so it's probably not advisable to put in an injured starter with a horrible track record against the team he's set to pitch to.

My question is, is Josh Thole making a case to carry him on to the post-season roster. i REALLY want to say no, but then...

And didn't I tell you not to worry about Osuna?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oh yeah and with respect to the whole locker room dynamic thing, I don't think Buehrle getting rest is going to be an issue. I know it's a huge milestone to keep adding on these 200+ IP seasons but we're not sitting with a comfortable lead in the division, we're literally fighting game by game to stay on top. And it's not like we're choosing to sit him based solely on performance either, the guy is clearly banged up. Buehrle said it himself, at some point the streak has to come to an end, and if it's this year, so be it.

I mean really, we're talking about putting the team in the best position to make it to the postseason. No athlete is stupid enough or selfish enough (i'd like to think) to put their own personal achievements ahead of the chance of winning it all (in this case again). I think Mark Buehrle is just as happy to see Marcus Stroman come up than any of us.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan321 View Post
    Don't worry man Hutch is 1-0 in 4 starts career vs. the Red Sox at Fenway.

With an ERA of 9.00, WHIP of 2.33 and BAA of .366 LOL.

Fenway is probably his worst ballpark to pitch in lmao.

Banned

I don't understand why the Blue Jays are big favourites tonight given the two pitchers going tonight. Hutch is bad on the road and Joe Kelly is one of the hottest pitchers in the game right now. I had the Sox winning Game 1, Jays winning yesterday so I've had a good handle on this series. I don't see any reason to pick the Jays tonight.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I don't understand why the Blue Jays are big favourites tonight given the two pitchers going tonight. Hutch is bad on the road and Joe Kelly is one of the hottest pitchers in the game right now. I had the Sox winning Game 1, Jays winning yesterday so I've had a good handle on this series. I don't see any reason to pick the Jays tonight.
    What are the odds listed at? I wouldn't bet on the Jays tonight either lol

Banned

What are the odds listed at? I wouldn't bet on the Jays tonight either lol
    Last night was -130 Jays, EVEN for the Sox, and it went up to -150/+120 an hour ago but now down to -130/+110.