Page 4 of 309 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Unreal. Bautista FINALLY gets a F'n hit. At least it was the right one. Man, I didn't know if anyone was going to win this game. Some wicked D by Colby Rasmus at CF saved their bacon twice.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I was lucky enough to be there, Section 511. I was in the sun the whole 6.5 hrs. I might of gotten heatstroke...
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Guru

Snagging a pair of wins against the Tigers is nice -- it just sucks that Seattle and KC are in the race now as well. I liked it better when it seemed like the Yankees were the ones to watch.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Simply amazing!! Huge win!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Hopefully when EE and Lind return, that will spark the offense (how can it not?). The starting pitching has been good lately, which has been the part that makes me the most nervous.
    We'll... Lind back for a couple. EE back tonight. bondon... What were you saying again? Not only can the jays NOT beat the bottom feeders... They get swept by direct competition and now are getting their asses handed to them by the white sox. Seriously... This is exactly what I was talking about. They simply are not good enough and AA is not good enough at his job to maintain it. So disappointing. Another season slipping away.

Dobber Sports Deity

Its true, its slowly slipping away but to be honest this was the best year the Jays have had in over 20 years. When was the last time they were actually in a race in mid August? Are they done? No, but they need to go on a run real soon. I just dont think they have the arms to do it.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Its true, its slowly slipping away but to be honest this was the best year the Jays have had in over 20 years. When was the last time they were actually in a race in mid August? Are they done? No, but they need to go on a run real soon. I just dont think they have the arms to do it.
    With these lopsided losses, I'm starting to question the Offense down the stretch too. But agreed... There are only so many Stroman's.

At least we have Stroman's, Sanchez and Norris right? Maybe next year... If we actually see these kids next year.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Like I've said all year, their pitching is really bad.. I love the Jays, but their pitching is down right brutal..

The Jays don't have one pitcher with a ERA under 2.00..
    The Jays don't have a starter with a ERA under 3.30..
    The Jays pitching staff have a combined 15 blown saves..

Thank god we gave up everything we did for Dickey, he is 9-12 with a 3.95 ERA.. Doesn't seem like ACE numbers to me..

After saying all that the Jays need to win 60-65% of their remaining games to even have a shot at the postseason.. Let's go on a extended run boys.. Hitters need to score 10-12 a game from here on out!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Like I've said all year, their pitching is really bad.. I love the Jays, but their pitching is down right brutal..

The Jays don't have one pitcher with a ERA under 2.00..
    The Jays don't have a starter with a ERA under 3.30..
    The Jays pitching staff have a combined 15 blown saves..

Thank god we gave up everything we did for Dickey, he is 9-12 with a 3.95 ERA.. Doesn't seem like ACE numbers to me..

After saying all that the Jays need to win 60-65% of their remaining games to even have a shot at the postseason.. Let's go on a extended run boys.. Hitters need to score 10-12 a game from here on out!!
    Attainable if they were playing in my slo pitch beer league.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    With these lopsided losses, I'm starting to question the Offense down the stretch too. But agreed... There are only so many Stroman's.

At least we have Stroman's, Sanchez and Norris right? Maybe next year... If we actually see these kids next year.
    I don't question the offence at all. They have no pitching and even though Dickey only gives up 2 runs the other night, they were in the 1st inning and the rest of team probably thought, here we go again, and lost their confidence. Their best pitchers are still too young.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I don't question the offence at all. They have no pitching and even though Dickey only gives up 2 runs the other night, they were in the 1st inning and the rest of team probably thought, here we go again, and lost their confidence. Their best pitchers are still too young.
    Exactly. Their veteran pitchers aren't good enough and their best pitchers are too damn young.

Dobber Sports Deity

Lawrie's done for the year. No big loss seeing as he really wasn't there all season anyway. Can we please go find us a 3B who can stay healthy.

https://twitter.com/Wilnerness590/st...65776872017920

Brett Lawrie's season is over, barring a #Bluejays post-season appearance. He's on the 60-day disabled list, Mastroainni, Hague DFA'd. #Jays

Dobber Sports Titan

Lawrie's done for the year. No big loss seeing as he really wasn't there all season anyway. Can we please go find us a 3B who can stay healthy.

https://twitter.com/Wilnerness590/st...65776872017920
    His defense is ridiculous tho. I’d keep him in, but run a 3B-A and a 3B-B for next yr with him. I honestly think he’s too muscular and worksout too much. He’s gotta be so wow-ned up so tight he hurts himself every time he twists the wrong way.

The only reoccurring injury I think is his back, and that could be from posture/lifting his weights wrong. The bad thing is if we release him, he will find a place on every other team. His defense wins games, the jays just cant play him 162 games a yr now.

Dobber Sports Deity

Maybe it's the crappy turf at Rogers Centre.

Dobber Sports Titan

It definitely doesn’t help. He reminds me of Lupul (don’t kill me because this is a leaf player in a jays thread). He gets his random pulled muscles and can’t shake it off quickly, then has the weird bone breaks, but comes into the first game back and plays like he’s not injury prone.

And it's the Skydome sir! none of this Rogers BS