Page 3 of 309 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am not surprised they didnt land an ace, but they sure could have used the bull pen help.
    They didn't need bullpen help. They have all those other guys...who couldn't get them to the post season last year to cover off.

Hell, Delabar was only sent down to be called back up as a sort of deadline move. Then they will land Lawrie and I they're lucky, they will be able to wheel and deal EE from the grips of physical break down.

Honestly AA... You get an FF from me this year from doing exactly the de thing you did last year.

If your boys don't make it into a division final... I hope you get fired!

Dobber Sports Guru

Having won 9 of their last ten, perhaps messing with chemistry isn't the best situation.
    All I know is that it's nice to actually see frustration at the trade deadline. Most years, they are cooked by now.
    And their farm system is improving. There's finally some hope.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Ninja

Havana, I understand your frustration but I suggest that you give this article a read. It does put some perspective on things

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...a-to-be-upset/

I suppose you could look at it and say they're making excuses...but just like in hockey, in some cases it's better to not make any moves than succumb to the public pressure of making a move for the sake of making a move. As slufoot mentioned already, the problem is the Jays don't have the organizational depth. Don't forget that we're still feeling the effects of the last big move AA made (not to say that AA screwed that trade up, it was a widely held opinion that AA got a hell of a steal at the time).

Don't forget that the baseball trade deadline isn't like the hockey trade deadline; moves can still be made before the waiver deadline or w.e it's called. AA has also already said that there are some options on the waiver wire right now that they might make a claim for.

Dobber Sports Master

mid reliever miller would have been a solid pick up (went to O's)

Dobber Sports Stud

Miller would've cost them one of their top two prospects; Sanchez or Morris. Not really a smart deal to make for a guy that might pitch 20-25 innings the rest of the season, if you have very few pitching prospects to begin with.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Havana, I understand your frustration but I suggest that you give this article a read. It does put some perspective on things

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...a-to-be-upset/

I suppose you could look at it and say they're making excuses...but just like in hockey, in some cases it's better to not make any moves than succumb to the public pressure of making a move for the sake of making a move. As slufoot mentioned already, the problem is the Jays don't have the organizational depth. Don't forget that we're still feeling the effects of the last big move AA made (not to say that AA screwed that trade up, it was a widely held opinion that AA got a hell of a steal at the time).

Don't forget that the baseball trade deadline isn't like the hockey trade deadline; moves can still be made before the waiver deadline or w.e it's called. AA has also already said that there are some options on the waiver wire right now that they might make a claim for.
    Missed your response bondon. Got very hockey orientated last week... And rightfully so. As I expected... The jays true colours are shinning through.

I read this article you suggested and ironically enough... Today's game made the following point stick out like a sore thumb.

"Is Jose Bautista really that upset that the Blue Jays didn’t absorb the $25-million Martin Prado has remaining on his contract so he can take at bats away from Brett Lawrie when he returns?"

Yes... I do believe he is... I sure am and rightfully so. How did. Lawrie do in his return to the line up tonight? Would have been nice to be able to replace Lawrie's won key back with Prado's bat and glove today wouldn't it have?

And you are right... I see this entire article as nothing more than documented excuses. Every other team that are in contention with the jays made a move. Some made HUGE moves. I mean did the A's have to target Lester after their previous blockbuster? Who knows... Maybe... Maybe not.. But billy bean sure as he'll wasn't going to do nothing and see if it was enough. They were the best team in the league at that time.

So why am I so upset, and the players so upset about yet another year of no moves? Because that's all that AA seems to do. You said it...the article said it... While other Gm's are out there doing everything they can to improve their team and give their fan's something to cheer about and get excited about... AA's best moves ... We're told ... Are the ones he doesn't make. Wow...there's some passive aggressive excitement for me as a fan.

" don't worry... We're going to add Lawrie's and EE and Lind to our line up... That's nearly the same as making a trade deadline splash. "

Is it? I mean do you truly believe that? First of all each of those guys are the usual suspects who can't seem to stay healthy. So even if they all came back this week... How long till the next injury? It's called building depth... Strengthening their team so that when these injuries arise... They have MLB quality talent available to step in.

Prado or Kawasaki? Seriously.

Even with EE, Lawrie's and Lind back... I think it's grossly niece to think that roster is good enough to compete with Baltimore, Oakland, Detroit, California and yes... Even the Yankees. He'll...they have enough of a hard time with the astro's. So am I oissed that AA sat on his hands and didn't do what 5 other Gm's did to improve his team now... And in doing so... Excite his fans? DAMN straight I am. I am so sick and tired of mediocrity in Toronto baseball... All Toronto sports in fact but I'll keep this on baseball and hold Aaa accountable.

I said before this latest 5 game slide that the jays weren't good enough... And they're proving me right. So now... Once again... For the 21st year... I'm yearning for hockey to start up because I have no faith that baseball is going to be meaningful in September.

There's my tired rant. Thanks for challenging me Bondon but on this topic... The only thing that will change my mind will be when the jays make the playoffs and prove me wrong. And I hate being right on this topic.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Please. Somebody tell me that everything is going to be ok...

Dobber Sports Deity

Hopefully when EE and Lind return, that will spark the offense (how can it not?). The starting pitching has been good lately, which has been the part that makes me the most nervous.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The starting pitching has been good lately, which has been the part that makes me the most nervous.
    Exactly!! And Dobber didnt believe me that we should have been worried about our starters..

EE and Lind are bound to give the Jays a huge shot in the arm when they return..

Come on Jays, hold on here and string some win streaks together soon!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Master

huge win yesterday after a disappointing week .

hopefully they can carry some momentum into next week

Dobber Sports Padawan

Yankees(2), Royals(3), Mariners(2) all have games in hand on the Jays. So tomorrow will be a very important off day for the Jays as all those teams play. Getting some players back will help them out but they will need a lot to go their way down the stretch.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Percy21 View Post
    Yankees(2), Royals(3), Mariners(2) all have games in hand on the Jays. So tomorrow will be a very important off day for the Jays as all those teams play. Getting some players back will help them out but they will need a lot to go their way down the stretch.
    I've been turned off since the 94 strike so for me to actually be interested in the mlb playoff race is a big step

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    huge win yesterday after a disappointing week .

hopefully they can carry some momentum into next week
    It was a very exciting game. I was lucky enough to be there! Very good outing by Stroman. Let's hope they keep chugging along and we see playoff baseball in Toronto again!

Dobber Sports Padawan

WOW what an awesome game

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Percy21 View Post
    WOW what an awesome game
    That game was something else. I was late for my tee time watching them tie it up in the 9th. Then I came back after my round and got to watch like five innings.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg