Page 289 of 310 FirstFirst ... 189 239 279 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 299 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 4638

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I heard about the Ohtani rumors. That would be a huge get for the Jays should it happen, both on the field and off. He would bring in HUGE Japanese advertisers, which is big money for ownership. Not sure it happens, but I'd love to see it. And I am not sure the Jays have a ton of cap space coming in. They have to sign Manoah and Vladdy soon, and those wont be cheap contracts. Chapman is in the last year of his deal too and while the bat hasn't been as good as they hoped, the glove has been a huge upgrade for them.
    For cap, it's more cap flexibility then cap I guess, they have very little in 2024 commitments. Guys on the payroll right now for 2024 are Springer (24.2m), Gausman (24m), Merrifield (18m, Mutual option), Berrios (17.7m), Kikuchi (10m), Garcia (5m, club option). Merrifield likely wouldn't be exercised.

So Vlad, Bichette, Manoah would equal $75-80m? $80+24.2+24+17.7+10+5= 160.9m...ok maybe they have less then I thought lol. They were at $204m this yr (luxury tax was at $230m). I think 2023 Luxury tax is $233m, and 2024 luxury tax is $237m. So Jays are set up for roughly $76m in space in 2024 if Vlad, Manoah and Bichette sign for $80m total/yr
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

After that epic collapse i'm done with the Jays. Jays are the new Leafs....

Dobber Sports Titan

offseason updates:
    - Manoah nominated for Cy Young
    - LAA GM said he will not trade Ohtani during the offseason. Which we all know he means he won't trade Ohtani before Winter Meetings
    - Reports are the Jays will trade a catcher this offseason. Not a shock, but kinda confirms what everyone knew.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Surprised this hadn't been posted already:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...-era-committee

The Crime Dog is in.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Surprised this hadn't been posted already:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...-era-committee

The Crime Dog is in.
    Voted in by the Contemporary Era Committee, not the writers. There's more Hall of Famers in the Hall thanks to the committee versus the baseball writers of America, who get the first 10 years to get players in.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Voted in by the Contemporary Era Committee, not the writers. There's more Hall of Famers in the Hall thanks to the committee versus the baseball writers of America, who get the first 10 years to get players in.
    Yes, and it's a good thing. The era committees have been mixed, but he belongs. I don't care about writers versus committees, as there have been mistakes in the past, and there will be mistakes now and in the future.

We're almost at a point where many of the eras don't need that much scrutiny to revisit.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Yes, and it's a good thing. The era committees have been mixed, but he belongs. I don't care about writers versus committees, as there have been mistakes in the past, and there will be mistakes now and in the future.

We're almost at a point where many of the eras don't need that much scrutiny to revisit.
    I like McGriff and happy he got in. I just wonder why he didn't get in before this from the writers.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Jays sign Chad Green to a 2yr, $8.5m deal with options for 2025 and 2026. Green is recovering from TJS he had in May, and is unlikely to have an impact this yr. He is out for the beginning of the season for sure, then TJS pitchers usually don't have much impact pitching the first yr after they come back.

Sounds like the deal is essentially for BP depth for 2024.

Dobber Sports Titan

Jays and Bo Bichette are reportedly in agreement on a 3yr deal. Terms unknown but baseball reporters are guessing between 11-12m a yr avg.

3yrs eats his arb yrs, when the deal expires he's a UFA.

Nice to see Bichette signed. This will be the year I get to Toronto to see a game.

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/YYZ_GY/status/16...ANYGIfzyw&s=19

Don Mattingly, Edwin Encarnacion, Victor Martinez, Pat Hentgen and Paul Quantrill. The #BlueJays are amassing an All Star roster - albeit as a coaching staff. #GoJaysGo!

Since this thread is dead right now, but spring training is going on, I'm going to ask for some general advice regarding attending Jays game. As I said earlier in this thread, I plan to get to Toronto this year and attend some games, plus a game in Buffalo en route.

Does anyone have any areas of the stadium that they either hate or love? I've tried to get to games when in Toronto previously, but the timing has been horrible before: Jeter's retirement, trip scheduled during Jays road trip except for departure day, etc.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Since this thread is dead right now, but spring training is going on, I'm going to ask for some general advice regarding attending Jays game. As I said earlier in this thread, I plan to get to Toronto this year and attend some games, plus a game in Buffalo en route.

Does anyone have any areas of the stadium that they either hate or love? I've tried to get to games when in Toronto previously, but the timing has been horrible before: Jeter's retirement, trip scheduled during Jays road trip except for departure day, etc.
    Well things will be a bit different with the new outfield/ lounge / bar area, but I did used to enjoy sitting in the outfield. I think it's the 200s?

Depending on what you're willing to spend, sitting 1st or 3rd base line is pretty awesome. Even if you sit in Row 20 or 30 it's a great view and is cheaper than from behind home plate.

Dobber Sports Titan

Jays just redid the whole outfield seating. So I would say if you can, get a spot there. But that's not going to be the best view. But also, Rogers Centre isn't a good stadium for views. It's pretty bland.

- I would say if you want to have a view of the CNTower, go on the 3rd base side.
    - Be cautious of the sun if you're going in August. It can get crazy hot.
    - You're allowed to bring in food and bottles for water and refill it in the stadium. Easy way to save some money.
    - DugoutDeals is still a thing with the Jays. They're in certain sections, so if that's what you want, get a seat near them
    - Tuesday's are dollar hotdog nights in the stadium
    - Jays are putting Bautista's name in The Ring of Excellence in August, so be aware that game would be hard to get tickets for

Honestly, Rogers sucks for viewing, so maybe get 240 section, as you're 3rd base side (CNT), close to DugoutDeal, and you're a quick walk to the new outfield seating.

I am aware of the Bautista day. The last time I was in Toronto, it was during Jeter's last games in Toronto, and prices were nuts. Prices going nuts for something I want to see is very different.

Bringing in food is great news. The Phillies used to allow that, and did for a very long time. I always made sure to get my free soda as a designated driver, hope they have it again this year. Some minor league parks allow food/beverages, some don't, although many allow water bottles.

Going up in the CN tower will also be on my agenda, as that was also a fial last time. Traveling alone will make this trip much easier.