Page 284 of 310 FirstFirst ... 184 234 274 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 294 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Any doubts that John Schneider gets the "interim" tag removed at the end of the season and gets a 3 year contract to manage the club going forward?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Any doubts that John Schneider gets the "interim" tag removed at the end of the season and gets a 3 year contract to manage the club going forward?
    I'd wait and see what happens in the playoffs before confirming anything. But yeah, looking like it.

Dobber Sports Titan

Well Jays took 2 of 3 and had their allergic reaction to the sweep yesterday.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Aa long as they keep going two steps forward, one step back, they're still going in the right direction.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

If they can hold here... I wonder if Ray gets vaccinated to pitch in Toronto?

Dobber Sports Titan

I would have thought the players would have been vaccinated for the 5 game series in Toronto if they were going to get vaccinated for the playoffs. However, I'm also thinking quite opposite of the players who were against getting vaccinated so

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    If they can hold here... I wonder if Ray gets vaccinated to pitch in Toronto?
    I do not think Ray would have enough time even if he wanted to. Canada Government website says you need to be "fully vaccinated" which I assume means at least 2 doses. Every vaccination schedule I have seen says a minimum of 6 weeks between 1st and 2nd doses.
    First round of the Playoffs starts on October 7th which is less than 4 weeks away, so unless Ray is half-vaccinated (seems unlikely) there is no changing it now.
    This may be the biggest home field advantage in recent memory in sports.
    The difference between Ricky Ray pitching and not is soo massive.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    I do not think Ray would have enough time even if he wanted to. Canada Government website says you need to be "fully vaccinated" which I assume means at least 2 doses. Every vaccination schedule I have seen says a minimum of 6 weeks between 1st and 2nd doses.
    First round of the Playoffs starts on October 7th which is less than 4 weeks away, so unless Ray is half-vaccinated (seems unlikely) there is no changing it now.
    This may be the biggest home field advantage in recent memory in sports.
    The difference between Ricky Ray pitching and not is soo massive.

J&J single shot is considered "Fully Vaccinated" by Canada. So he can get vaccinated in something like 5-10 days time.

BTW I thought it said Rays not Ray lol. Ray could be vaccinated already and we don't know it. He also pitched before the Seattle/Jays series in May (or whenever it was) so he wasn't even scheduled to pitch vs them. So as we all connected dots on why he wasn't in Toronto (Cause he was also due to be awarded his Cy Young) it's not 100% sure (99.99% tho lol)

And if people don't know, all 3 wild card games will be played at the higher seeds home field. So if Toronto can hold the top wild card spot, they'll host 3 playoff games. It's huge as Tampa and Seattle have guys unvaccinated.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post

And if people don't know, all 3 wild card games will be played at the higher seeds home field. So if Toronto can hold the top wild card spot, they'll host 3 playoff games. It's huge as Tampa and Seattle have guys unvaccinated.
    Wow. Even though I knew it was best of 3, I said that comment assuming it was best of 5 and that he'd still pitch in Seattle. That would be a massive decision if of course he isn't like we assume.

Dobber Sports Titan

Looking on reddit, there's threads saying Ray did say he would be vaccinated if he needed to be for the playoffs. Not sure if it's true or not though.

Dobber Sports Superstar

J&J single shot is considered "Fully Vaccinated" by Canada. So he can get vaccinated in something like 5-10 days time.

BTW I thought it said Rays not Ray lol. Ray could be vaccinated already and we don't know it. He also pitched before the Seattle/Jays series in May (or whenever it was) so he wasn't even scheduled to pitch vs them. So as we all connected dots on why he wasn't in Toronto (Cause he was also due to be awarded his Cy Young) it's not 100% sure (99.99% tho lol)

Excellent point on the J&J vaccination, I forgot that one existed. Is there a "waiting period" or are you instantly deemed fully vaxxed? I assume not...

EDIT: This article says 14 J&J needs to be received 14 days out
    To enter the country, the Canadian government requires a person to have received a second COVID-19 vaccine dose — or one dose of Johnson & Johnson — at least 14 days before entry.

Yeah the Jays keeping unvaxxed players (whether Ms, or Rays, or others) out of Canada and off the field is a huge home field advantage for them, that first wildcard is a big deal.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Excellent point on the J&J vaccination, I forgot that one existed. Is there a "waiting period" or are you instantly deemed fully vaxxed? I assume not...

EDIT: This article says 14 J&J needs to be received 14 days out
    To enter the country, the Canadian government requires a person to have received a second COVID-19 vaccine dose — or one dose of Johnson & Johnson — at least 14 days before entry.

Yeah the Jays keeping unvaxxed players (whether Ms, or Rays, or others) out of Canada and off the field is a huge home field advantage for them, that first wildcard is a big deal.
    ya and in the States it's illegal to ask someone if they're vaccinated or not in the business workspace. So we won't know unless he says he is, or Toronto faces Seattle.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Forget all the vaccination talk. Sounds like it will be ending before October.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

ya and in the States it's illegal to ask someone if they're vaccinated or not in the business workspace. So we won't know unless he says he is, or Toronto faces Seattle.
    I believe that it depends on the workspace - health care workers can be asked, from what I have heard from friends.

One thing: tomorrows Phillies-Jays game will be the MLB.TV free game, I may not be able to get it, but I don't exactly have to worry about getting that broadcast locally.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Forget all the vaccination talk. Sounds like it will be ending before October.
    Ya seems a bit too convenient eh lol. Raptors start their pre-season Oct 2nd (regular season starts Oct19). NHL starts in October too. MLB Playoffs. I'm sure the pressure to remove that has mounted