Page 216 of 310 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 226 266 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

I love Vladdy but I think it's the right call to move him. I never trusted him at 3b.
    Donaldson wasn't a gold glover or anything but he was pretty solid. It's just too much of a drop-off to have Vladdy there. I think you're right too, the recent draft accelerated & altered their plan for Vlad this season.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Blue Jays rejected to play in Pitts.

Do we know who rejected it? Was it the city? The MLB? The Pirates organization?

When's the first Jays home game scheduled? They might have to play it here....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Do we know who rejected it? Was it the city? The MLB? The Pirates organization?

When's the first Jays home game scheduled? They might have to play it here....
    The Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Jays' 1st home game is a week from today.

"In recent weeks, we have seen a significant increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in southwestern Pennsylvania," Dr. Rachel Levine, the state's secretary of health, said in a statement.
    "To add travellers to this region for any reason, including for professional sports events, risks residents, visitors and members of both teams. We know that this virus does not discriminate and can even make professional athletes very sick. We are committed to protecting the health and well-being of all Pennsylvanians."
    https://www.cbc.ca/sports/baseball/m...urgh-1.5639983

Dobber Sports Immortal

Alright....not Pittsburgh. Wonder what affect this will have on the Jays. I know Buffalo isn't ideal because then they don't have MLB facilities.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Alright....not Pittsburgh. Wonder what affect this will have on the Jays. I know Buffalo isn't ideal because then they don't have MLB facilities.
    What do you need for a MLB facility that Buffalo wouldn't have?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think it's mostly the players not wanting to "rough it" in a minor league park.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I have no idea haha. Im just saying I am sure it's not as nice. Maybe they have to pay for pop in Buffalo like the A's did in Moneyball.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I have no idea haha. Im just saying I am sure it's not as nice. Maybe they have to pay for pop in Buffalo like the A's did in Moneyball.
    Lol, the biggest difference would be the seating capacity but that won't be an issue right now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The two problems I have heard are that Buffalo does not have good/the right spots to put cameras and the training facilities and workout facilities are not nearly as extensive. Presumably the players are concerned about the latter. Time is ticking though
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    The two problems I have heard are that Buffalo does not have good/the right spots to put cameras and the training facilities and workout facilities are not nearly as extensive. Presumably the players are concerned about the latter. Time is ticking though
    I also heard that they would have to add lights because the lights are not up to MLB standards for night games.

But it sounds like its official... they are going to play home games in Buffalo.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Giles has elbow soreness.

Didn't look good yesterday. Typical Fastball is like 97-99 for him, throwing 93 yesterday with 0 control.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Biiiiiig solo shots tonight. Hope the pen can hold on this time.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Giles has elbow soreness.

Didn't look good yesterday. Typical Fastball is like 97-99 for him, throwing 93 yesterday with 0 control.
    Honestly it was pretty selfish to act like everything was ok the first time the pitching coach came out. Giles knew he was hurting and not right and should have told Pete Walker he had to come out. Cost the Jays a shot and getting a healthy pitcher in to save that game. Also sucks that he is hurt.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Honestly it was pretty selfish to act like everything was ok the first time the pitching coach came out. Giles knew he was hurting and not right and should have told Pete Walker he had to come out. Cost the Jays a shot and getting a healthy pitcher in to save that game. Also sucks that he is hurt.
    If it's TJ, I think some pitchers feel no real pain in their arm when it happens. Some people experience a pop, some experience numb in the hand, some I think don't experience really anything because adrenaline is so high.

So if it's in fact his UCL, I kinda get why he didn't pull himself. However, if you're pitches are everywhere and your FB is 4-5ticks slower for no reason...the coach should have pulled him regardless of what Giles thinks.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Pearson is set to make his MLB debut tomorrow.

​​