Page 211 of 310 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 221 261 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 4638

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Even Zeuch looked pretty good in his debut where he apparently said he was very nervous for.

Lot of talk how the jays should throw money at a Gerrit Cole. Maybe Stras opts out. Maybe Jays believe Ryu is real. Is Bumgarner looking to move North? Keuchel is a UFA too.

I think the Jays should go after some of them. But the issue is no pitcher really wants to be in the ALEast, let alone for the Jays.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Even Zeuch looked pretty good in his debut where he apparently said he was very nervous for.

Lot of talk how the jays should throw money at a Gerrit Cole. Maybe Stras opts out. Maybe Jays believe Ryu is real. Is Bumgarner looking to move North? Keuchel is a UFA too.

I think the Jays should go after some of them. But the issue is no pitcher really wants to be in the ALEast, let alone for the Jays.
    The last time the Jays made a free agency splash signing a big name starting pitcher it was JA Happ and Marco Estrada.
    I can't see them going after ANY of the top 10 names that will be available, 11 if Stas ops out. (lol)

They need a front end starter, clearly... they've needed pitching help every year -- they never get it.
    Jays will need to become a very good team, a contending team BEFORE they can attract top end UFA talent.
    The last real big name SP the Jays signed out of free agency, if I'm not mistaken, was Roger Clemens.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    The last time the Jays made a free agency splash signing a big name starting pitcher it was JA Happ and Marco Estrada.
    I can't see them going after ANY of the top 10 names that will be available, 11 if Stas ops out. (lol)

They need a front end starter, clearly... they've needed pitching help every year -- they never get it.
    Jays will need to become a very good team, a contending team BEFORE they can attract top end UFA talent.
    The last real big name SP the Jays signed out of free agency, if I'm not mistaken, was Roger Clemens.
    Don't know why it's laughable that a top 5-10 pitcher in the league might opt out. He's 30yrs old, this is his last optout opportunity on his contract. He makes 100mill the final 4yrs of his deal. And 45mill of that is his last yr of his deal. So can he make more than a 100mill/4yr deal this offseason? Prolly.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Don't know why it's laughable that a top 5-10 pitcher in the league might opt out. He's 30yrs old, this is his last optout opportunity on his contract. He makes 100mill the final 4yrs of his deal. And 45mill of that is his last yr of his deal. So can he make more than a 100mill/4yr deal this offseason? Prolly.
    he probably can make more than $25m/year...
    I'd think it's unlikely he opts out... but in baseball never say never...

Unless we're talking about the Blue Jays being the team making the larger offer.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hopefully the Jays stay on track and avoid listening to some of the delusional media types who believe this team is closer than they are.

On the radio two nights ago, they were talking about the Jays contending for a wildcard next season. Um, what?! Not a chance.
    I'm sorry, I just don't see it. With the exception of Guerrero and Bichette, both of whom aren't winning a gold glove any time soon, there aren't any true legit studs to build around and Pearson is the only blue chip starter they have coming up.
    Everything else is somewhere between mediocre and possibly good. Compare that to real contenders, and one should objectively realize how far away they are.

So I hope they remain patient and build slowly. The fans will come back when the time is right.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Hopefully the Jays stay on track and avoid listening to some of the delusional media types who believe this team is closer than they are.

On the radio two nights ago, they were talking about the Jays contending for a wildcard next season. Um, what?! Not a chance.
    I'm sorry, I just don't see it. With the exception of Guerrero and Bichette, both of whom aren't winning a gold glove any time soon, there aren't any true legit studs to build around and Pearson is the only blue chip starter they have coming up.
    Everything else is somewhere between mediocre and possibly good. Compare that to real contenders, and one should objectively realize how far away they are.

So I hope they remain patient and build slowly. The fans will come back when the time is right.
    Totally agree. Years away. I mean, forget about the starting pitching. This bullpen has been a disaster for over a decade.
    I dunno, anyone in this rotation currently... can anyone see any of them being a top 2 rotational SP in 3 years time?
    If you're going to CONTEND the answer to that question must be a big fat Yes.

Dobber Sports Titan

The Jays pitching staff has 3 guys born outside the 90s...Pitchers come out of no where after having terrible yrs who are young.

Anyone who thinks they can contend with a wildcard next yr is over hyping. But the point of the thought of trying to get (even though the chances are so low) an ace in free agency now is, if you get Cole on a 6-8yr deal, he's 28 now and would be 30-31 when the team is likely truly in a playoff hunt. By then they have some nice pieces behind him who are possible to trend up.

The Jays look like they are planning to have Pearson (No13 ranked prospect), Manoah (11th overall pick in 2019), and Kay (31st pick in 2016, acquired in Stroman deal) to be starters in the 2021-22 range.

They have some high end "maybe's" in their pitching staff. Adding a true ace to that rotation would be nice. The BP...All the failed starters go there, so guys like Pannone, Thornton, Waguespack (who's done well), Zeuch (former 21st overall pick in 2016) could be there.

I'd like to make it clear, I don't expect the Jays to get an Ace in FA. I don't expect playoffs next yr. But this team does have talent in their Pitching, it's just not in the MLB really right now.

Dobber Sports Genius

Patience is the key here, don't listen to the media heads who think these guys are a year away form contending. 2022 is the target.

Dobber Sports Immortal

2022 is the target if a couple of their arms can produce. Starts with Pearson next year.

Dobber Sports Titan

Jays are acquiring Chase Anderson from the Brewers.

4.21ERA, 27 games started, 139IP, 124Ks, 23HR allowed.

sacrificial arm for the 2020 season.

Jays are sending 1B Chad Spanberger, who was acquired in the Seunghwan Oh trade. He hit 0.237avg in AA.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Classic Jays acquisition. Tanner Roark is next for sure.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Classic Jays acquisition. Tanner Roark is next for sure.
    Mediocrity?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Mediocrity?
    Veteran innings eaters who can be traded just as easily as they can be replaced midseason.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Veteran innings eaters who can be traded just as easily as they can be replaced midseason.
    I'll put a more positive spin on it then; depth. LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Trent Thornton threw the most innings for the Jays with 154.1, Anderson would be second on the team. They needed guys that would throw innings.

Thornton - 154.1
    Stroman - 124.2
    Sanchez - 112.2
    Gaviglio - 95.2
    Waguespack - 78
    Pannone - 73
    Derek Law - 60.2

That's honestly terrible IP numbers lol. Gaviglio was the 4th most used pitcher for the Jays and he never started a game.