Page 202 of 310 FirstFirst ... 102 152 192 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 212 252 302 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 4638

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Also I think the league removed the rule around receiving supplemental picks when your free agent signs with another team (and that team subsequently losing their first round pick).

I wonder what the league would look like if you could trade picks though...

Man. I was at the game last night, 8 rows up, and this 20 some year old girl turns around and tells me i'm ****ing annoying and to stop yelling. Like jesus christ. I wasn't even being overly obnoxious, wasn't using foul language, and wasn't even being a jerk towards any player. She didn't even stay for the entire game, and I even explained to her younger brother what a cycle was when he asked me. People in this city actually suck.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Also I think the league removed the rule around receiving supplemental picks when your free agent signs with another team (and that team subsequently losing their first round pick).

I wonder what the league would look like if you could trade picks though...

Man. I was at the game last night, 8 rows up, and this 20 some year old girl turns around and tells me i'm ****ing annoying and to stop yelling. Like jesus christ. I wasn't even being overly obnoxious, wasn't using foul language, and wasn't even being a jerk towards any player. She didn't even stay for the entire game, and I even explained to her younger brother what a cycle was when he asked me. People in this city actually suck.
    I'm 6'7" and had a dad behind me tell me his son couldn't see around me and that I should move. I was with someone who was like 5'10" and sitting in front of the dad. I suggested he switch spots and he told me, "I don't have to do sh!t" and I looked at him and said neither do I and turned back around. I felt bad as the kid suffered but the dad eventually switched spots with his son.

I feel like baseball games are somehow the worst for this kinda stuff with fans. I was having my seat kicked constantly when at a Cleveland vs Jays game last yr by kids and I asked the kid (like 8 yrs old to stop) and he told me to shove a stick up my butt. And his parents were right there! I asked them to get him to stop and the dad went "ya, fine. Son don't" without even looking at the kid.

I dunno, sometimes Baseball fans can be amazing, I've had great conversations with strangers standing around me. But other times they are TERRIBLE.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I'm 6'7" and had a dad behind me tell me his son couldn't see around me and that I should move. I was with someone who was like 5'10" and sitting in front of the dad. I suggested he switch spots and he told me, "I don't have to do sh!t" and I looked at him and said neither do I and turned back around. I felt bad as the kid suffered but the dad eventually switched spots with his son.

I feel like baseball games are somehow the worst for this kinda stuff with fans. I was having my seat kicked constantly when at a Cleveland vs Jays game last yr by kids and I asked the kid (like 8 yrs old to stop) and he told me to shove a stick up my butt. And his parents were right there! I asked them to get him to stop and the dad went "ya, fine. Son don't" without even looking at the kid.

I dunno, sometimes Baseball fans can be amazing, I've had great conversations with strangers standing around me. But other times they are TERRIBLE.
    That's absolutely brutal. And yeah, I think the biggest thing is that tickets are (relatively) cheaper than any sporting event, so you get a lot of people who are just going for the sake of going to do something different, or you get the airheads who are only there to take selfies for their Instagram pages.

Funny enough I shared some laughs with a Red Sox fan last night. He kept giving it to me when the Sox scored and I kept giving it to him when the Jays scored. But it was all in good fun and we were joking around together about both teams.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

That is horrible man.. I also think alot of it is because the game of baseball is so slow.. The casual fans get bored.. Definitely has to do with cheap tickets too!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Titan

Jansen and Reid-Foley to play today.

Martin is gonna be playing 3B more as Solarte is out, so Jansen and Maile to play catcher, Reid-Foley is starting today in Kansas City. Fantasy wise, RF could be a good stream option as it's vs Kansas, and in Kansas.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm shocked people are still going to Jays games this year lol. I wouldn't go even if the tickets were free... which will probably happen soon on Craigslist/Kijiji as we approach the end of the year.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I'm shocked people are still going to Jays games this year lol. I wouldn't go even if the tickets were free... which will probably happen soon on Craigslist/Kijiji as we approach the end of the year.
    Games are still fun to go to, and there's enough people (and tickets are cheap enough) where its a good night out

Dobber Sports Deity

I'll be in Toronto in a couple weeks and plan on taking my family to a game. I've been to a few myself but we are up on a family vacation and my wife and kids have never been to a game so even if they stink the joint out (and I am sure they will), it will still be an experience for my family more then anything.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Sounds like we have a part time fan here??
    Win or lose, I love the Toronto Blue Jays.. I grew up with the Jays.. Went to games at Exhibition Stadium before the SkyDome was erected.. The Jays are my team, doesn't matter if they are in first or last.. Go Jays Go!!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Sounds like we have a part time fan here??
    Win or lose, I love the Toronto Blue Jays.. I grew up with the Jays.. Went to games at Exhibition Stadium before the SkyDome was erected.. The Jays are my team, doesn't matter if they are in first or last.. Go Jays Go!!
    I won't lie - definitely not a die-hard fan like I used to be. I was with them for over a decade, through the 2 championships and the brutal years after. I don't know about you, but there's nothing sadder than going to a Jays game on a weeknight when practically 80% of the Skydome is empty and the only fans you see are the ones in the sections behind home plate that are visible on TV. I'll show up for odd weekend game during the summer to drink and socialize but that's about it.

Our window has passed and they're going into full rebuild. In a year from now, the last remaining core players will be traded and the roster will be all new faces. Gibby will move on. Hard to get up for a team that is clearly just going through the motions right now.

Vladdy will be one of the only stars like Delgado was.. Yes it is sad, but I will never stop cheering!!

Dobber Sports Titan

Vladdy will be one of the only stars like Delgado was.. Yes it is sad, but I will never stop cheering!!
    Jansen (73rd overall) and Bo Bichette (9th overall) are top prospects and are going to be really good. So...I disagree. Depends though on your definition of a star. Then there's Alford (91st), and Nate Pearson (89th pitcher).

RF yesterday showed why he's regarded as a solid pitcher, but also showed his flaws (loses the zone easily).

Jansen (73rd overall) and Bo Bichette (9th overall) are top prospects and are going to be really good. So...I disagree. Depends though on your definition of a star. Then there's Alford (91st), and Nate Pearson (89th pitcher).

RF yesterday showed why he's regarded as a solid pitcher, but also showed his flaws (loses the zone easily).
    Not saying they won't be.. Delgado also had Shawn Green and Roy Halladay.. Let's hope the Jays get a bunch of these guys together and they can build a winner to be perennial AL East winners and win that World Series trophy again!!

Dobber Sports Titan

Not saying they won't be.. Delgado also had Shawn Green and Roy Halladay.. Let's hope the Jays get a bunch of these guts together and they can build a winner to be perennial AL East winners and win that World Series trophy again!!
    Sorry, then are you meaning the team won't have like a Donaldson/Edwin/JB/Tulo roster with Vlad on the team?

Or are you saying there will be fun players, but the team won't be a playoff team with Vlad?

Dobber Sports Ninja

While I agree that the team is pretty mediocre right now, I do think there are signs that there are brighter days ahead. We've got some solid prospects and I don't think we should ignore guys like Gurriel Jr. and Hernandez either.

It's not going to come super quickly but it's coming. I don't think we're going to have to wait another 20 years to be competitive like last time.