Page 2 of 309 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Jays top priority should be getting Melky resigned IMO. Don't need to sell the farm for a pitcher who might walk anyway.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Percy21 View Post
    Jays top priority should be getting Melky resigned IMO. Don't need to sell the farm for a pitcher who might walk anyway.
    That's actually exactly what I have been saying for a long time now. All PED jokes aside, Melky is a fantastic hitter. Obviously Jose and Encarnacion are the big power guys, but you need a really good hitter that can take advantage of the protection that those two produce. Rasmus was doing a really good job of being that guy for a short while last year, but I'd say this is the first time Jose/EE have had a truly talented hitter hitting before them and getting on base to put more pressure on the pitchers.

Dobber Sports Ninja

All this being said, this is really gonna f'ing suck if the Orioles do end up getting Lester. I'm really hoping somebody outbids them.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yankees claim Esmil Rogers off waivers. I knew he wasn't gonna last a second time through waivers.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I am definitely a Melky fan, but I wonder about his health. Especially playing so much at Rogers. I think he's overdue for an injury. Reyes too.
    When healthy though, those guys are the best 1-2 punch in the American league. And 1 through 4, when EE is back... can anyone top Reyes, Cabrera, Bautista, and Encarnacion? Pretty tough.
    Only four more years until real grass. LOL

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    By the way, if I'm building a team from scratch and I have to choose between Rasmus or Gose for CF, it's a no brainer for me.
    Gose by a landslide, despite Colby's power.
    It's interesting you bring up this comparison. I was just discussing the pros and cons of these two guys with someone the other day.

I think both players were incredibly overrated as prospects. I think both of them have shit for brains and never have (and never will) pan out to be great ball players.

Gose has the edge on Rasmus in the speed department. Rasmus has the edge in the power department. I personally feel like Rasmus is a very underrated defender, but I won't deny that Gose's speed gives him a lot more range in CF.

With Gose I sometimes really feel like the guy just has zero baseball IQ. It's just the little things that people write-off as a mistake that could happen to anyone but as someone who grew up playing baseball competitively and had fundamentals engrained in me from a young age I just don't understand how he makes some of the mistakes he makes (like the other day when he nonchalantly tossed a ball in to the infield that allowed someone to stretch a hit in to extra bases...can't remember the exact situation). I think he's gotten away with a lot of things just because of his speed.

Rasmus has just been incredibly overrated for sure. Once touted as a five tool player I've only seen like two of those tools from him consistently. I still think he's a more polished player than Gose is, but yeah, definitely disappointing. I've always been a supporter of his though.

TLR: I don't really like either of them lol.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I like that they have stuck with what they have.. Another starter would have been nice, but thats ok.. This team has heart and determination.. They seem like a tight knit group that play for each other and not just themselves..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I like that they have stuck with what they have.. Another starter would have been nice, but thats ok.. This team has heart and determination.. They seem like a tight knit group that play for each other and not just themselves..
    The fact that the majority of the players have been quoted as saying they were disappointed...makes me feel that once again...the Canadian factor screwed the jays. If AA chose not to improve his team then shame on him. If he wasn't able to because no one wanted to come here then what can ya do. Draft better!

I echo Bautista's words...I too am disappointed. AA is starting to become frustrating IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean really...the tigers got price for a song! Frig! Sickens me.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think it's a good sign for a change that they left the core group alone... who were they going to bring in from another team that would be a considerable upgrade and not dealing the d'Arnaud and Syndergaard types (who both have struggled this year BTW)? I would have liked to see Headley but he was a FA at the end of the year as well. They can't afford to let go the remainder of their farm system for that type of player removal or else there's another long-term rebuild coming. The team is playing well and getting Encarnacion, Lind and Lawrie back. And maybe they now have the NOBODY BELIEVES IN US!!! psyche to keep on a roll.
    XGL - 16 Team, Points Dynasty League
    $114M cap, 54+ Players, Year #16 - 1st(6x): 08, 12-13, 16, 18-19

F(9+3R): Rantanen, P Kane, Bergeron, Lindholm, Tarasenko, Kadri, Olofsson+
    R: Newhook, Perfetti+
    D(5+2R): Makar, Hronek, Dunn, Sanheim, Andersson
    R: Seider, Harley+

G(2+1R): Price, Varly

WHL - 24 Team Dobber League (Lake Valley Thunder) - 2020/21 Champion
    F: Aho, Bergeron, OV, Hintz, Hoffman+
    D: Hedman, Makar, Werenski, Hronek+
    G: Andersen, Lankinen, Oettinger
    R: Reichel, Timmins, Bjornfot, Cormier, Johnston+

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by First Round Pick View Post
    I think it's a good sign for a change that they left the core group alone... who were they going to bring in from another team that would be a considerable upgrade and not dealing the d'Arnaud and Syndergaard types (who both have struggled this year BTW)? I would have liked to see Headley but he was a FA at the end of the year as well. They can't afford to let go the remainder of their farm system for that type of player removal or else there's another long-term rebuild coming. The team is playing well and getting Encarnacion, Lind and Lawrie back. And maybe they now have the NOBODY BELIEVES IN US!!! psyche to keep on a roll.
    No way man. I call B.S.

So sick and tired of Toronto brass never making the move to make their team better. It hasn't happened since the last jays World Series run. Clearly the players don't feel this team is good enough to go all the way. This is NOT the ear where just a post season game will serve to satisfy the fans. It's the year the jays should have done everything they can to make sure they own the American League east.

I'll call it now...jays will finish 3rd behind Baltimore and New York. Flag this thread and prove me wrong!

So frustrating.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    No way man. I call B.S.

So sick and tired of Toronto brass never making the move to make their team better. It hasn't happened since the last jays World Series run. Clearly the players don't feel this team is good enough to go all the way. This is NOT the ear where just a post season game will serve to satisfy the fans. It's the year the jays should have done everything they can to make sure they own the American League east.

I'll call it now...jays will finish 3rd behind Baltimore and New York. Flag this thread and prove me wrong!

So frustrating.
    Frustrating, yes. But this is still one of the top 5 teams in the AL, a better team than the Yankees and M's, and are simply playing well. Like I said, who are you going to get besides a good outfielder? Two of the better ones just changed hands for Price and Lester... so let's keep things going to actually continue this for this year and hopefully more than that.
    XGL - 16 Team, Points Dynasty League
    $114M cap, 54+ Players, Year #16 - 1st(6x): 08, 12-13, 16, 18-19

F(9+3R): Rantanen, P Kane, Bergeron, Lindholm, Tarasenko, Kadri, Olofsson+
    R: Newhook, Perfetti+
    D(5+2R): Makar, Hronek, Dunn, Sanheim, Andersson
    R: Seider, Harley+

G(2+1R): Price, Varly

WHL - 24 Team Dobber League (Lake Valley Thunder) - 2020/21 Champion
    F: Aho, Bergeron, OV, Hintz, Hoffman+
    D: Hedman, Makar, Werenski, Hronek+
    G: Andersen, Lankinen, Oettinger
    R: Reichel, Timmins, Bjornfot, Cormier, Johnston+

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by First Round Pick View Post
    Frustrating, yes. But this is still one of the top 5 teams in the AL, a better team than the Yankees and M's, and are simply playing well. Like I said, who are you going to get besides a good outfielder? Two of the better ones just changed hands for Price and Lester... so let's keep things going to actually continue this for this year and hopefully more than that.
    Disagree... I think Baltimore, Detroit, Oakland, Anaheim and even the Yankee's are now better than the Blue Jays And all did something at the deadline or before to be that good. 6th simply isn't good enough. Even 5th???? Not the year to be conservative when the East is ripe for the taking.

Poor poor display.

Dobber Sports Guru

They were in a tough spot considering all the good acquisitions were in their division -- therefore harder to get. Not sure they could've acquired Lester, Lackey, or Price for the cost that they went for. Boston and Tbay would've wanted more.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Deity

I am not surprised they didnt land an ace, but they sure could have used the bull pen help.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

All of the teams that upgraded yesterday did so because they have organizational depth that allowed them to trade starters/prospects that can be replaced from within.
    The problem for the Jays is they have zero organizational depth, as evidenced by the slide they went on once Lawrie, Encarnacion, and Lind went down. They just don't develop players well enough to put themselves in a position to make the types of trades that went down yesterday.
    Could they have landed a big fish yesterday? More than likely, but it wouldn't have made them any better because it would have created a giant hole somewhere else in the lineup/rotation/bullpen/farm system.