Page 196 of 310 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 206 246 296 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 4638

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Unfortunately, I've been watching, and cursing a lot. It's been painful to watch, I won't lie. To be honest, I am surprised Gibby is still the Manager right now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Honest question... does anyone give a **** about the BJs this season? I have literally watched a single game this year and basically tuned out after that.

This has been one of the quietest baseball seasons I can remember in a long, long time. It feels like nobody's even aware that there's a baseball season going on in Toronto.
    There's really not much to watch now. Going to a Jays game is always fun, but watching on tv? No thanks. If they called up Guerrero Jr at some point that might be worth checking out but even that looks unlikely.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm watching to see what the Jays can get for their players at the deadline.

Happ is looking like he can bring in a great return. Donaldson better hope to get on the field and do some stuff for his contract value at the least.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's a shame how much of a write off this season has been. The Osuna drama really was the straw that broke the camel's back. I've been watching most of the games but boy is it depressing. Even games you think they have in the bag they somehow find a way to almost choke.

People are really pissed off too about that Sunday Yankees game in July that has been moved from a 1pm start to an 8pm start due to it being changed to a national broadcast game for ESPN. A lot of parents picked that game because it was Jr.Jays Sunday, but because of the time change that is no longer the case.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    It's a shame how much of a write off this season has been. The Osuna drama really was the straw that broke the camel's back. I've been watching most of the games but boy is it depressing. Even games you think they have in the bag they somehow find a way to almost choke.

People are really pissed off too about that Sunday Yankees game in July that has been moved from a 1pm start to an 8pm start due to it being changed to a national broadcast game for ESPN. A lot of parents picked that game because it was Jr.Jays Sunday, but because of the time change that is no longer the case.
    Excuse to have the Yankees beat up the Canadian team on National TV. Only reason why that one game would be switched.

Here's a write up on the 2 guys the Jays drafted last night:
    First Round (No. 12 Overall): Jordan Groshans, 3B, Magnolia (Texas) HS

With a wiry 6'4", 190-pound frame, Groshans offers the best physical projection among the high school bats. He'll move from shortstop to third base as a pro, and his strong arm and solid athleticism for his size should play well. The Blue Jays must not believe in the hit tool of Nolan Gorman or the upside of Connor Scott—they were almost universally ranked ahead of Groshans among prep bats.

Grade: C+
    Second Round (No. 52 Overall): Griffin Conine, OF, Duke
    Conine was viewed as one of the top college bats in the class heading into his junior season after he followed up a strong junior season with a .329/.406/.537 line and nine home runs in 42 games in the Cape Cod League. However, he didn't take off as expected this season and raised some red flags when his strikeout rate spiked from 16.8 to 25.5 percent. Still, between the baseball bloodlines and the strong Cape showing, this looks like a good roll of the dice at No. 52 overall.

Grade: B+

Dobber Sports Titan

Groshans projects to be a 3B, maybe 2B, and at best a SS (think Troy Tulo style SS. Slower, but relies on reaction and long arms to cover SS with a strong arm).

So in a perfect world the Jays infield looks like this in 3-4yrs:
    1B:Anyone, it's 1B...
    2B: Bo Bichette
    SS: Groshans
    3B: Vlad.

In a "worst case" (worst would be none make it to the MLB) would be:
    1B: Anyone
    2B: Bo Bichette
    SS: Someone
    3B: Groshans
    DH: Vlad.

It's more likely going to be that "Worst Case" scenario than the perfect case. Toronto has Alford (OF), Warmoth (SS), Jansen (C), and Urena (SS/2B) rounding out their top fielders.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I heard that the projected #2 overall pick was still available at 12. Why weren't teams taking him?
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Titan

I heard that the projected #2 overall pick was still available at 12. Why weren't teams taking him?
    Cole Winn? He was projected anywhere from 2-20. He's a highschooler with a FB/Slider and developing a changeup. Very volatile I guess.

Seems like offensive players are being drafted higher than pitchers now (might be because teams Pitching depth is so large now) so he fell based on not being a for sure pitcher like the No1 guy. He's committed to a University, but it's unlikely he goes to school and gives up the $3.5mill he'd get if he signed, but he could go to school and leave the Rangers with a wasted 9th overall pick.

Dobber Sports Jedi

he went at #18 to KC. Looking at the 1st round, it was a wild one. #36 ranked goes at #9 -- #4 at 16; #46 at 23. It really is just all over the map.

40 ROUNDS this draft is.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    he went at #18 to KC. Looking at the 1st round, it was a wild one. #36 ranked goes at #9 -- #4 at 16; #46 at 23. It really is just all over the map.

40 ROUNDS this draft is.
    Singer was drafted by the Jays in 2015 56th overall and didn't sign. Prolly played into their decision onto not drafting him again at 12.

Also, because of how well he can locate his pitches, teams wondered if this is as good as he can get. So his ceiling to a lot of teams was low. Odd to think because he's so advanced he has a low ceiling, but apparently his control can't get better, and he's topped out at 93-95mph on the FB so he's not a flame thrower.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Singer was drafted by the Jays in 2015 56th overall and didn't sign. Prolly played into their decision onto not drafting him again at 12.

Also, because of how well he can locate his pitches, teams wondered if this is as good as he can get. So his ceiling to a lot of teams was low. Odd to think because he's so advanced he has a low ceiling, but apparently his control can't get better, and he's topped out at 93-95mph on the FB so he's not a flame thrower.
    Tom Glavine - drops mic

Dobber Sports Titan

Tom Glavine - drops mic
    Derek McGuire - Drops mic?
    Hayden Simpson - Drops mic?
    Alex Wimmers - Drop mic?
    Matt Hobgood - Drops mic?

I don't know what you're getting at. I'm just saying what I have read. Teams went heavy pitching the last few yrs, now their cupboards have pitching so they're looking for hitting. This guy developed and supposedly maxed out his development on pitch location, and he's not a flamerthrower. So teams were looking and prolly determined he's hit his ceiling (to a point obviously) and expect him to be a middle to back of the rotation starter. But if he somehow develops more, he can be an ace, which was why some had him at No2. But obviously teams didn't see him as a No2.

Royals could have gotten a steal, or a journey man that could very well not even make their MLB team. I'm just regurgitating what I have read on him.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Derek McGuire - Drops mic?
    Hayden Simpson - Drops mic?
    Alex Wimmers - Drop mic?
    Matt Hobgood - Drops mic?

I don't know what you're getting at. I'm just saying what I have read. Teams went heavy pitching the last few yrs, now their cupboards have pitching so they're looking for hitting. This guy developed and supposedly maxed out his development on pitch location, and he's not a flamerthrower. So teams were looking and prolly determined he's hit his ceiling (to a point obviously) and expect him to be a middle to back of the rotation starter. But if he somehow develops more, he can be an ace, which was why some had him at No2. But obviously teams didn't see him as a No2.

Royals could have gotten a steal, or a journey man that could very well not even make their MLB team. I'm just regurgitating what I have read on him.
    Glavine threw 89 on a good day in his prime... 93-95 isn't softballs either. No he's not 98/99, but 95. With elite control? Maybe I'm just too far removed, out of the loop in baseball to get 4mph being such a mammoth deal. There's just as long a list of flame throwers blowing arms or not being able to control their fastball as well.

Dobber Sports Titan

Glavine threw 89 on a good day in his prime... 93-95 isn't softballs either. No he's not 98/99, but 95. With elite control? Maybe I'm just too far removed, out of the loop in baseball to get 4mph being such a mammoth deal. There's just as long a list of flame throwers blowing arms or not being able to control their fastball as well.
    That was also a very different era. 93pmh is below average now, and 95 isn't getting past anyone anymore without movement. Big negative on highschool pitchers is they're doing this against highschool hitters. So, who knows.

Also I know I've said Winn and Singer already, but apparently it was actually Liberatore who's the guy who fell the most. Winn was a "He could go high, or low" (no one could pick where he'd land), Singer was a "He won't make it out of the top 10", but this Liberatore was a "Yeah, only 5 teams need to interview him cause he won't fall past No5". Reading on him...sounds like his only knock is he's in highschool. Which is pretty big when you have $4mill on the line I guess if he flames out.

Here's an article on Liberatore from fangraphs and says he'll go from 3-7 pick, but he was in other circles a No2 pick. https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/a-gl...s-draft-stock/ This draft was all over the place it seems.

Dobber Sports Ninja

40 ROUNDS this draft is.
    I had no idea baseball drafts were so unpredictable. Figured they were like hockey drafts where you might have one or two shockers in the first round at best.