Page 143 of 310 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 153 193 243 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    My only thing I don’t like about it is they have parameters they have to follow, but like the outfield wall distance just has to be over 200ft. Why is there a hard rule on base distances but you can make the outfield wall any way you like it pretty much.

I’d like it much better if they made a rule where the outfield wall has to be symmetrical. Everything else I would be fine with. No that’s a lie. No hills in the outfield, and BP not in foul territory. I’m surprised no outfielder has blown a knee on the pitcher’s mound in the BP.

But this is a sport that makes changes very rarely on stuff that’s easy, let alone this. So it’ll never happen.

But omg the Jays. This better spark a fire under their bellies for the weekend. But to help people ease off on the sky is falling (almost is tho), the 1993 Jays did go on a 6 game losing streak in September.
    Ya I don't like that players can lob a ball to left at Yankee stadium and it can go out. There should be something like the shorter the field length the higher the wall. I dunno....something!

Every series is going to be the biggest of the year from here on out. Jays need to step and get 2 of 3 this weekend then dominate their stretch vs non playoff teams (yes that means you Tampa Bay).

Jays: vs Bos x 3, vs TB x 3, @ LAA x 4!!!!!, @Sea x 3, vs NYY x 3, vs Balt x 3, @Bos x 3

Red Sox: @Tor x3, vs Balt x3, vsNYY x4, @Balt x 4, @TB x3, @NYY x3, vs Tor x3

Orioles: @Det x3, @Bos x3, vsTB x 4, vsBox x4, vs Ari x3, @Tor x3, @NYY x3

Dobber Sports Titan

Wow. Boston only plays the AL East from here on out. Definitely a lot of swing series waiting to happen.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    My only thing I don’t like about it is they have parameters they have to follow, but like the outfield wall distance just has to be over 200ft. Why is there a hard rule on base distances but you can make the outfield wall any way you like it pretty much.
    Naw. The field becomes part of your team, and you structure your team to take advantage of it. It adds an element to the game.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Naw. The field becomes part of your team, and you structure your team to take advantage of it. It adds an element to the game.
    True....but when teams are changing them every 5 years that kind of takes away from it? Petco used to be a frigging major pitchers park but almost every wall was moved in 10 ft a couple years ago.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    True....but when teams are changing them every 5 years that kind of takes away from it? Petco used to be a frigging major pitchers park but almost every wall was moved in 10 ft a couple years ago.
    Are you suggesting that teams don't have a high turnover every 5 years? You don't build your team and leave it for 7 years.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Are you suggesting that teams don't have a high turnover every 5 years? You don't build your team and leave it for 7 years.
    I didn't say anything about that so no I wasn't suggesting it.

Dobber Sports Titan

Then why not have a rule for a 100ft baseline not 90ft? Build your team to be fast then, or make it a 50ft baseline and make your team slow. Like it really doesn’t make sense and I know it’s fair that at least both teams are dealing with the issues, but why have a hard rule for the bases, and not a hard rule for the outfield, or foul territory, or the walls, or the freaking plane of the field?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I think one of the great things about baseball is the unique parks - especially Fenway and Wrigley. It should be the last thing changed. You want to make a boring game more boring to prospective fans and anger the traditionalists at the same time?
    I totally agree with you. I am mesmerized by baseball stadiums and would love to do a tour someday.

I just mean I don't think they should be allowed to be so distinctly different....or short....or long.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I was swearing about Yankee Stadium all weekend, but overall I love the fact that baseball has some many uniquely different fields. I've been to Fenway and I've been to both new and old Yankee Stadium, really need to get to Wrigley at some point. Random field dimensions is just one of those things that "makes baseball, baseball" IMO. Kinda like how with all the technology they still have an incredibly flawed human calling balls and strikes (another thing I swear I love until the Jays take a tough call).

I assume that MLB has some say in the building of new parks, while at the same time allowing the team, the lands, and the planners and architects some serious leeway. I will say the field in the middle of centre field in (Houston??) was a little much for me to be sure. I actually wish Rogers Centre had more Yankee Stadium/Fenway Park isms to it, its really boring by comparison to almost any other park in the league.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

My dad helped build the ACC/SkyDome/CN Tower (remold with the dome thing up top) and with the Skydome, it was built to withstand a Canadian Winter, which is why the aesthetics are crap. Same with the ACC. Also, with the knowledge of how dense Toronto was going to become DT and the raising price of land, they wanted it to stand the test of time. Thus, the concrete.

With the ACC tho, out on Bremner, they’ve made a ton of aesthetic based changes, and have left the backside (generally never scene) the way it is for cost. It was actually going to look even worse when the Raptors were trying to get into the ACC and (I forget who was in charge at the time) “the big man” was playing hard ball on a contract. The Raptors wanted a better looking arena, and switched to go to the Skydome and right when that happened the wallets opened up at the ACC and it switched to marble floors and a bunch of other changes to try and bring the Raptors back to the ACC.

This is off memory from what my dad has told me, so there’s likely some holes in there. But the concrete was for weather and to stand up longer due to Toronto real estate.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Superstar

Huge game tonight.
    Estrada v. Porcello is going to be a great matchup. If the Jays can take the series opener at home they will be in a great position for the rest of the weekend (Happ and Sanchez). I really like how the Jays setup their rotation for this series... Can't wait to get home and watch!!!!
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Huge game tonight.
    Estrada v. Porcello is going to be a great matchup. If the Jays can take the series opener at home they will be in a great position for the rest of the weekend (Happ and Sanchez). I really like how the Jays setup their rotation for this series... Can't wait to get home and watch!!!!
    Moving along, nothing to see here…
    There's always tomorrow (Next year?)
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Monster

Montreal Canadiens like collapse at the wrong time.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Huuuuuuuuge is an understatement when talking about the Jays victory over the Red Sox today!!

Happ 18-4, WOW, who saw this coming?? Osuna got his 31st save aswell, just awesome!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Huuuuuuuuge is an understatement when talking about the Jays victory over the Red Sox today!!

Happ 18-4, WOW, who saw this coming?? Osuna got his 31st save aswell, just awesome!!
    Definitely some bigger numbers from those two than I think anyone could have hoped for!
    Puts us one back, and well within striking range. Also holds any wildcard lead we have at the moment. Great game to watch