Page 1 of 309 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Toronto Blue Jays

Things are going to be quite exciting for the Jays the next two months so I figured Id start a thread.

I just took a look at their schedule to finish out the year and given what their current standing is and who is around them....it's insane. They finish out with:

3 @ Baltimore
    4 @ NYY
    4 vs Seattle
    3 vs Baltimore

That pretty much means they could either make up a ton of games if they're back or lose a huge lead in they're ahead in the final four series.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

When Edwin comes back, watch out. I think having the Seattle series in Toronto is good for them.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports All-Star

The pitching sucks too bad for this team to go anywhere.

Dobber Sports Stud

Maybe if the Rays would chill out on this win streak we could make a run at David Price.

I have tickets for the DET series at the start of August so hopefully the Jays are still playing decent baseball in a couple of weeks.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don't think Price gets moved, if he does I think it's to STL.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Finally the Jays win in the Bronx!! We needed that..

I'm hoping Morrow comes back and is effective right off the hop.. They could use a shot in the arm..

Edwin, Lawrie, and Lind would be nice aswell.. If all these guys come back, it will feel as though we made some trades for the playoff push atleast, HaHa..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Lester scratched from tomorrow's start. Is there a possibility he walks across the field tomorrow? I just don't see boston trading Lester to the jays...or yanks for that matter...just out of principle. But hey...love to have him!!!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Agreed I can't see it Lester getting traded to a division rival. I'm just happy that he has been scratched for tomorrow's game, every little bit of help the Jays can get is welcome.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Agreed. Don't like facing lester...still pie in the sky...the could be a David Cone type acquisition!

Dobber Sports Titan

I got a “TheScore” update on my phone this morning saying Orioles, Yankees, and Jays will not be involved in the Lester trade.

Dobber Sports Ninja

This is a really tricky situation for AA and I really don't envy him.

People are calling for him to make big moves but I feel like making huge moves right now is actually what you don't want to do. People talking about throwing the kitchen sink for guys like Price and Lester...I'm not so sure that's really the right call.

The team is playing really well right now and they're still waiting on reinforcements in Lawrie, Encarnacion, and Lind. Morrow will be back soon, presumably in a bullpen role. Who knows what we have with Delabar/Santos/Rogers. Is there REALLY a need for them to go out and make a huge trade?

I feel like this team got heavily handcuffed by Rogers assuming all the rumours about them strapping the budget are true. We could have made some big pickups in the off season that would have cost the team nothing but $$ and we'd have more assets to work with. I think AA is in a tough spot.

Dobber Sports Deity

The problem AA is facing is every time he calls a team about one of their quality pitchers, the conversation usually starts and quickly ends with the other team asking for Stroman or Sanchez.

This window is small for the Jays. As I have heard on the radio talk shows the past couple days, the Yankees won't be good this year and probably wont be much better next. Same for the Sox. What kind of team will TB be once they trade away Price?? The Jays and the Orioles have the next couple of years at best to really make a run at it.

The issue with Lester is his contract. He's a FA at seasons end. AA would be a damn fool to trade away one of his young studs coming up for a few months of Lester. If he signed for long term with the Jays, I'd probably add one of the young arms for that. Not both. Same for David Price. Again, if he would sign an extension with the Jays then I'd move one of the young arms + for him.

The issue is, both Price and Lester are in the AL East and we all know, the Sox and Rays dont want to face these guys after they trade them, at least not as often as they would should they trade them within the division. That by itself drives the price up for the Jays.

I don't think they land either guy.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Agreed. I think it would be a mistake to go crazy with a big deal, especially if it involved trading Stroman or Sanchez.
    I think they need a good bullpen arm, and a legit 2B (no offense to Goins or Kawasaki, but those guys are not the long term solution there, so why not try to fill that hole now, when there's a good potential to grab that 2nd wildcard spot.

They miss Lawrie's D a lot. He changes things completely when he's on that infield.
    I think the plan for second base is to have Lawrie play there almost exclusively after he comes back, and have Fransisco/Valencia platoon at third. Fransisco mashes RHP but couldn't hit a beach ball against LHP. Valencia's splits against lefties are pretty good.

It really does suck though pulling Lawrie away from the hot corner as he's probably the Jays' best defensive player at a tough position to play. But the acquisition of Valencia and an unwillingness to deal Fransisco as a package for Headley points to this being the plan for the near future.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Stud

I think they should just stick with what they have. If you look at the potential rotation for next year between Stroman, Sanchez, Hutchison, Dickey, Beurhle, Happ and potentially Morrow and Drabek, it just doesn't make sense to go out and get a guy like Lester and leverage the future anyways.

They're playing good baseball right now and that's without Encarnacion, Lawrie and Lind. Add those guys back in and this is a pretty strong baseball team. Getting those guys back likely boosts team morale too. I'd run it with what we have if it's gonna cost Stoman and Sanchez.

Dobber Sports Deity

The Jays season has been a roller coaster so far this year. From their 11 game winning streak that pushed them to a big lead in the AL East early in the season, to their losing streak that watched them fall down the standings in the AL East. Right now, they are playing well again, but they can just as quickly go back into the toilet. I think they need to make a pitching move of some sort. They are just too inconsistent in the rotation for my liking.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."