Page 210 of 310 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 220 260 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 4638

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

As much as Stroman says he wants to be in Toronto, I don't think he cares what city he's in as long as he gets paid.

I'm fine with trading Stroman. Are we all thinking this kid is going to be the right kind of leader through a rebuild? Guy can't even take an All-Star series away from bad mouthing the Jays organization in a calculated way. Dudes also a Boris client. Depending on the return, let someone else take that mess.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    As much as Stroman says he wants to be in Toronto, I don't think he cares what city he's in as long as he gets paid.

I'm fine with trading Stroman. Are we all thinking this kid is going to be the right kind of leader through a rebuild? Guy can't even take an All-Star series away from bad mouthing the Jays organization in a calculated way. Dudes also a Boris client. Depending on the return, let someone else take that mess.
    After losing arbitration and only getting one year deals, I'm surprised hes as positive as he is.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

I kind of wish Stroman wasn't being as public as he has been but that's the Stroshow.

There will be no hard feelings from my end though, one thing that I really appreciate is how much he's talking up the city of Toronto and the fans. It would be really easy for him to hate on it on his way out.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    After losing arbitration and only getting one year deals, I'm surprised hes as positive as he is.
    Over five seasons with the Blue Jays, Stroman has authored a 3.91 ERA and 3.62 FIP in 114 appearances. He is asking for money like he's had sub 3ERA money very likely. I understand moving him. Obviously it's all about return though.

Dobber Sports Titan

Anyways, sounds like it was fabricated the Braves rumours

Jon Heyman‏Verified account @JonHeyman

Despite twitter rumors, I hear there’s been no talk to this point between the Braves and Jays involving Marcus Stroman. “Total fabrication,” is a phrase I heard.
    https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status...to-braves.html

Dobber Sports Deity

Over five seasons with the Blue Jays, Stroman has authored a 3.91 ERA and 3.62 FIP in 114 appearances. He is asking for money like he's had sub 3ERA money very likely. I understand moving him. Obviously it's all about return though.
    They all do, and most get it.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

some of them get that $$ though... that's half the problem
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

His argument is that 3.91 in the AL east is probably equivalent to sub 3 ERA in any other division in baseball. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    His argument is that 3.91 in the AL east is probably equivalent to sub 3 ERA in any other division in baseball. Haha.
    This actually could be very accurate!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Jedi

Not sure the arms are coming to come close to matching these bats.. but ye-gods!!

Guerrero Jr. player of the week 5hr 24rbi .330 post All-Star break
    Bichette - just on a tear 9 straight games with a double. 4hr - 7rbi & .408 ... what a bloody start!!
    Gurriel - 30hr in 144 career games - the fastest in Jays history to 30hr. Fastest!
    Biggio... ok.. ok.. so he's a work in progress... let's just take his 9SB as a ++ since it's probably the most any Jay has stolen in half a decade. You know he'll come around.

they're fun to watch... win or lose.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

The bats are going to be electric for years. Too bad the pitching wont be. When the Jays feel they will need to improve their pitching, they will have to make trades to do that. So basically, they traded guys like Stroman and Sanchez for prospects in turn to have to trade prospects for guys like Stroman and Sanchez.

Makes a lot of sense doesn't it. LOL!

Dobber Sports Superstar

As bad as the record is the core going forward certainly looks solid for the positional players:

C- Jansen – meh. Solid Defense, hits like a catcher
    1B – Smoak (then Tellez) solid
    2B- Cavan Biggio – work in progress but reasons for optimism
    SS- Bo Bichette – yes please!
    3B – Guerrero Jr. – yes please!
    LF- Fisher – meh, average
    CF- Teoscar Hernandez – solid defense, hitting needs work
    RF- Grichuk – solid hitting
    DH – Gurriel Jr. – love his arm in LF as well.
    Bench – Drury – typical bench player
    Pitching – no idea
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Padawan

It's fun watching the young and potent bats, no question about it, but pitching and D is what wins games constistently, especially in the playoffs.
    And the Jays' pitching & D is, frankly, awful with no end in sight for that awfulness.

I'm also a little tired of the ego involved when I watch how Shapiro and Atkins operate. There was a great column the other day by Shi of Sportsnet where he correctly pointed out how the current management group still gives shots to Anthopoulos.
    Why? Anthopoulos made plenty of mistakes, sure, but he also assembled a team that made the playoffs two straight years. He gambled for a championship, as he should have, and left the prospect pool a little depleted because of it. That's just a normal cycle for any team.

Shapiro and Atkins giving him shots is just their way of trying to distract the fans from the poor job they're currently doing. I can live with the most of the deals. Sanchez had zero value because of his inconsistency and injury history so people need to take a step back when analyzing that deal.
    He was basically a throw-in.
    But including a prospect to get Fisher is a head scratcher.
    And dealing Stroman (who was dominant many times this year) for two mid-level prospects is borderline incompetent. It's clearing the slate just for the sake of clearing the slate, which is horrible asset management.

A couple other minor things:
    Vladdy should be moved to 1st. Drury should play 3rd. When Smoak is gone anyway. Tellez should be moved for pitching help.
    Bichette is terrific but let's see how he does when pitchers and opposing teams know him a little better. And his D is (apparently) not very good. Everybody knew he could hit.

Pitching can always be acquired!! Lets groom these building blocks: Vladdy Jr. Bichette Biggio Jansen Gurriel Jr. etc.. Go Jays Go!!

FYI: I am not a fan of "Shatkins" either!!

I can't believe how exciting this team is to watch right now!! The games mean nothing in the standings but mean everything for our future!!