Page 252 of 310 FirstFirst ... 152 202 242 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 262 302 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If your SP can't go past 6 innings consistently when they start, especially with the garbage bullpen they know they have, their SP isn't good enough. Plain and simple.
    Ya their SPs are 1 No2 guy (Ryu), 1 No3 guy (Ray) and 3 No4 guys.

There's a lot of things that happen with pitching, but I really am curious what would happen with a different catcher, and manager. When Jansen got hurt mid-game, McGuire came in and called for like 7 straight fastballs up in the zone vs the heart of the BSox lineup and Martinez ended up launching one. Like, was that McGuire calling it, or the manager calling for that many in a row?

I think there's a lot of issues with the team, but also a LOT of good things. But the issues can't be hidden. Yankees issues usually involve their starters but their BP can hide it. Jays don't have that luxury because their issues just snowball.

I know what I would do, and that would be sell. Semien, Ray, Stripling would be gone. Gurriel would be on my block for SP help, but I don't know if you could do that now. However, I'm a "if you are a legit contender, you should be selling" person. I do not believe in sneaking into the playoffs, especially with good UFAs on your team.

Whatever tho, the team is at least fun to watch because they'll end up winning vs some bad teams and win us back.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

I clearly missed it but why exactly did Montoyo pull Ryu last night after 6 innings? I know his pitch count was still good, he was clearly in control and had a massive lead. I stepped away from the TV for a couple minutes to come back and find they had taken him out. Was this just Montoyo pulling a Montoyo or was there another reason?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I clearly missed it but why exactly did Montoyo pull Ryu last night after 6 innings? I know his pitch count was still good, he was clearly in control and had a massive lead. I stepped away from the TV for a couple minutes to come back and find they had taken him out. Was this just Montoyo pulling a Montoyo or was there another reason?
    Jays were up 12-0 I think at that point. Prolly had to do with it.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Jays were up 12-0 I think at that point. Prolly had to do with it.
    Yes I am aware. Why was Ryu pulled is the question? He was cruising and still had a low pitch count.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Yes I am aware. Why was Ryu pulled is the question? He was cruising and still had a low pitch count.
    Because they were up 12-0. If Ryu gets hurt in a 12-0 game Montoyo gets crucified.

Also, just looked it up, he learned Thursday his grandfather had passed away in Korea. Could be another reason?

Dobber Sports Deity

Because they were up 12-0. If Ryu gets hurt in a 12-0 game Montoyo gets crucified.

Also, just looked it up, he learned Thursday his grandfather had passed away in Korea. Could be another reason?
    So basically, Montoyo was doing Montoyo things. Ok. Just wanted to get that cleared up. Thank you.

Dobber Sports Titan

So basically, Montoyo was doing Montoyo things. Ok. Just wanted to get that cleared up. Thank you.
    I don't disagree with pulling Ryu after 6 in a 12-0 game, especially when like Saucedo is likely the guy Hand is replacing, use him up while he's got a roster spot still. But at least there's a bit of context with his grandfather if that was the reasoning.

I would also love for this to be the discussion more often with the Jays (outside of the family death) where we're knitpicking over an inning in a blow out and not a 2-1 game and Ryu getting pulled lol.

Dobber Sports Deity

Nice to see the team back in the Big Smoke. I'll be visiting friends in Moncton for the weekend so not sure how much I'll watch their games this weekend but still good to have them back in Canada.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Someone give me an update on how the team is looking this year. I haven't been able to watch many games because i moved and don't have cable/too cheap to pay for MLB. I've been keeping an eye on the boxscores every night and it looks like our offense is popping.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Deity

Offense is awesome. SP is sketchy and the BP is garbage. Team Defense is still sketchy as well. The infielders, primarly Bichette are not good defensively (he has to be leading the Majors in errors) and 3B is still a blackhole. The OF defense is better than the infield but Hernandez and Gurriel are still hit and miss when it comes to their D. Great arms but struggle to make catches at times. Springer and Grichuk are fine. Montoyo is not good at managing his pitching. They are still trying to gain ground to make it into the playoffs but their pitching isn't good enough, plain and simple.

This is what I've seen so far.

Dobber Sports Titan

Jays acquire Berrois for a package including SWR+"Martin" (assuming Austin Martin)

It's a massive overpayment if it's Austin Martin. Berrois does have 1 more yr of control, but damn. That's a big price to pay.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Jays acquire Berrois for a package including SWR+"Martin" (assuming Austin Martin)

It's a massive overpayment if it's Austin Martin. Berrois does have 1 more yr of control, but damn. That's a big price to pay.
    I was happy with SWR....did not see the Martin part. Eeek.

Dobber Sports Titan

If you give up that much for Berrois, and reports came out they are open to even dealing Pearson...Maybe more deals are coming for an all in approach? Ramirez out of Cleveland would be lovely lol

Scott Mitchell tweeted out that some in the Jays organization have serious concerns over Austin Martin's power not developing. I guess they see this as a sell high and Groshans as the future.

Dobber Sports Immortal

If you give up that much for Berrois, and reports came out they are open to even dealing Pearson...Maybe more deals are coming for an all in approach? Ramirez out of Cleveland would be lovely lol

Scott Mitchell tweeted out that some in the Jays organization have serious concerns over Austin Martin's power not developing. I guess they see this as a sell high and Groshans as the future.
    They must see something if they're making this move. Berrios is good and solid. But I don't think he's elite.

And ya, Groshans or this Orelvis Martinez maybe?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    They must see something if they're making this move. Berrios is good and solid. But I don't think he's elite.

And ya, Groshans or this Orelvis Martinez maybe?
    Martinez has really impressed this yr.

It's official now the deal. I hope Berrois is in Toronto tonight.