Page 213 of 213 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 208 209 210 211 212 213
Results 3,181 to 3,193 of 3193

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

  1. #3181
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Immortal

    Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    now they just need a #1 and #2
    Yep. I'm sure the rest of the AL East are shaking in their boots following this signing. LOL


    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Gusev, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Burns, Zuccarello, JBoqvist, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Necas, Yandle, Point, Konecny, TBertuzzi, NSchmaltz, Vrana

    G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

  2. #3182
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Jedi

    Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

    Tanner Roark is the most Jays signing ever.

  3. #3183
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    The One

    Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

    Hope we like a 10-12 pitcher who will get a 4.50+ERA.

    But hey, they get a guy who can go 180ip, couple him with Anderson, they got a couple of guys who can legit be starters this yr. They have a massive hole in inning eaters.

    Still a fair number of pitchers out there though.
    Keuchel, Ryu, Miley, Porcello, Teheran, Nova, Bailey, Cahill, Rich Hill, Betances and Bumgarner. But looks like Bumgarner isn't an option for them.

    Then for batters:
    Ozuna, Puig, Castellanos, Zobrist, EE, Calhoun, Avisial Garcia.
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G

    C: Eichel, Pettersson, Kopitar,
    LW: Marchand, Marchessault (C), Tatar (LW)
    RW: Marner, Wilson, Strome (C),
    D: Carlson, Yandle, Pietrangelo, Makar, Barrie
    G: Andersen,Hellebuyck, Halak
    IR: Dubnyk

  4. #3184
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Immortal

    Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Hope we like a 10-12 pitcher who will get a 4.50+ERA.

    But hey, they get a guy who can go 180ip, couple him with Anderson, they got a couple of guys who can legit be starters this yr. They have a massive hole in inning eaters.

    Still a fair number of pitchers out there though.
    Keuchel, Ryu, Miley, Porcello, Teheran, Nova, Bailey, Cahill, Rich Hill, Betances and Bumgarner. But looks like Bumgarner isn't an option for them.

    Then for batters:
    Ozuna, Puig, Castellanos, Zobrist, EE, Calhoun, Avisial Garcia.
    Inning eaters is great. How about someone who can get Wins along with those innings? Someone who's not just a 0.500 pitcher. Those 0.500 pitchers are out there all the time but if you seriously want to compete, you need more than inning eaters. You need winning pitchers and those arent going to come in at 10-12M per season. Put on your big boy pants, loosen the wallet strings Ross and go sign a legit 1-2 starter.


    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Gusev, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Burns, Zuccarello, JBoqvist, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Necas, Yandle, Point, Konecny, TBertuzzi, NSchmaltz, Vrana

    G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

  5. #3185
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    The One

    Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Inning eaters is great. How about someone who can get Wins along with those innings? Someone who's not just a 0.500 pitcher. Those 0.500 pitchers are out there all the time but if you seriously want to compete, you need more than inning eaters. You need winning pitchers and those arent going to come in at 10-12M per season. Put on your big boy pants, loosen the wallet strings Ross and go sign a legit 1-2 starter.
    Now to be fair, it takes 2 to tango. How many big leaguers are willing to come to Toronto unless ridiculously overpaid? I'm sure to get Cole, Toronto would have to shell out $350+mill over 8yrs (43.75/yr).

    There's gotta be a point where Toronto needs to shell out during an off-season.
    2021 FA:
    Betts, Cespedes, Arrieta, Tanaka, Springer, Bauer, Paxton, Kluber, Robbie Ray

    2022 FA:
    Greinke (38yrs old), Verlander (39yrs old), Arenado, Kershaw, Scherzer (37yrs old), Stanton (PO), Martinez (PO), Blackmon (36yrs old, PO), Rizzo, Freeman, Lindor, Syndergaard


    So yes, Toronto needs to shell out eventually. But to just sign a guy to sign a guy is dumb. There's plenty of options coming up when Toronto's window is more open. Seems like Toronto's plan is long build. They have a potential ace in Pearson with some young arms. Maybe the idea is to sign a guy to be paired with Pearson when he's ready?
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G

    C: Eichel, Pettersson, Kopitar,
    LW: Marchand, Marchessault (C), Tatar (LW)
    RW: Marner, Wilson, Strome (C),
    D: Carlson, Yandle, Pietrangelo, Makar, Barrie
    G: Andersen,Hellebuyck, Halak
    IR: Dubnyk

  6. #3186
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    The One

    Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

    Jays get Ryu, 4yrs, 80mill. Limited NTC.
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G

    C: Eichel, Pettersson, Kopitar,
    LW: Marchand, Marchessault (C), Tatar (LW)
    RW: Marner, Wilson, Strome (C),
    D: Carlson, Yandle, Pietrangelo, Makar, Barrie
    G: Andersen,Hellebuyck, Halak
    IR: Dubnyk

  7. #3187
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Immortal

    Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Jays get Ryu, 4yrs, 80mill. Limited NTC.
    I thought I heard it was a full NTC?

    Glad to see they finally opened the wallet and signed a big fish. I won't lie, I didnt think there was much of a hope getting Ryu simply because I didnt think he'd leave the West Coast but glad to see they went for it and got him.

    There was plenty of rumors about the Jays looking into getting David Price as well but that was before the Ryu signing. Not sure the rumors will carry on now. Boston would have to eat a lot of salary and offer some pieces for the Jays to take on that contract. If that was the case (Boston eating salary and including pieces), I'd be alright with that one too but I dont see it happening. Then again, I didnt think Ryu would come here either so who knows.


    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Gusev, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Burns, Zuccarello, JBoqvist, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Necas, Yandle, Point, Konecny, TBertuzzi, NSchmaltz, Vrana

    G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

  8. #3188
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    The One

    Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I thought I heard it was a full NTC?

    Glad to see they finally opened the wallet and signed a big fish. I won't lie, I didnt think there was much of a hope getting Ryu simply because I didnt think he'd leave the West Coast but glad to see they went for it and got him.

    There was plenty of rumors about the Jays looking into getting David Price as well but that was before the Ryu signing. Not sure the rumors will carry on now. Boston would have to eat a lot of salary and offer some pieces for the Jays to take on that contract. If that was the case (Boston eating salary and including pieces), I'd be alright with that one too but I dont see it happening. Then again, I didnt think Ryu would come here either so who knows.
    I was listening the MLB's XM station this morning, so who knows how up-to-date that is on the NTC. Could have been recorded like right when it happened before they went off air for the night.

    Ryu, great to have him also be able to take the new Japanese pitcher under his arm too. Sure he's a bit intimidated by a new country. Ryu LHP, inning eater, 2.21ERA over his last 2yrs. He's older though, def is more a reward to the team than a serious title winning piece. But it shows commitment to the team. Not sure what experts say about how Ryu will fair in the ALEast, but I'm just happy the team did this. Largest pitching contract given out by the Jays, largest contract given out by this front office on Cleveland and Toronto. This is big for the team.

    If they get Price, I'm fine with them getting him for like no one, and paying his contract. Price is only getting dumped if the contract is removed from their team. They wanna lower their payroll.
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G

    C: Eichel, Pettersson, Kopitar,
    LW: Marchand, Marchessault (C), Tatar (LW)
    RW: Marner, Wilson, Strome (C),
    D: Carlson, Yandle, Pietrangelo, Makar, Barrie
    G: Andersen,Hellebuyck, Halak
    IR: Dubnyk

  9. #3189
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    The One

    Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

    Also, Shaw signed a 1yr deal to mostly play 1st Base. Solid deal. Great buy low
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G

    C: Eichel, Pettersson, Kopitar,
    LW: Marchand, Marchessault (C), Tatar (LW)
    RW: Marner, Wilson, Strome (C),
    D: Carlson, Yandle, Pietrangelo, Makar, Barrie
    G: Andersen,Hellebuyck, Halak
    IR: Dubnyk

  10. #3190
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Immortal

    Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Also, Shaw signed a 1yr deal to mostly play 1st Base. Solid deal. Great buy low
    Meh, to me this was more Blue Jays dumpster diving, hoping for a resurrection. Sometimes it works, most times they don't. I expect more of Rowdy Tellez at 1B when it's all said and done but we'll see.


    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Gusev, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Burns, Zuccarello, JBoqvist, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Necas, Yandle, Point, Konecny, TBertuzzi, NSchmaltz, Vrana

    G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

  11. #3191
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    The One

    Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Meh, to me this was more Blue Jays dumpster diving, hoping for a resurrection. Sometimes it works, most times they don't. I expect more of Rowdy Tellez at 1B when it's all said and done but we'll see.
    I'm not expecting much. But to sign a guy who hit 60HR over 2 yrs, then had like...one of the worst years ever by a player, you can't be upset with the deal. Either he hits 30HR and he gets moved at the deadline, or they DFA him and Tellez gets more AB.
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G

    C: Eichel, Pettersson, Kopitar,
    LW: Marchand, Marchessault (C), Tatar (LW)
    RW: Marner, Wilson, Strome (C),
    D: Carlson, Yandle, Pietrangelo, Makar, Barrie
    G: Andersen,Hellebuyck, Halak
    IR: Dubnyk

  12. #3192
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Jedi

    Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

    Gah. These changes bother me. Such a cash grab.

    https://dailyhive.com/edmonton/blue-...w-blue-jerseys

  13. #3193
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Jedi

    Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

    MLB is releasing the top prospects per position over the next few days and Nate Pearson is the #2 RHP for 2020. Ahead of some pretty big names too.....Kopech, Whitley, Sixto.

    http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2020?list=rhp

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •