Page 205 of 310 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 215 255 305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 4638

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Down 8-2 inthe bottom of the 9th and the Jays beat the scrappy Rays 9-8.. I was actually debating whether or not to turn the game off, but in the end got to see an amazing finish!!

Go Jays Go!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I took it as him referring to this season and last season. They should have dealt Donaldson back then instead of trying to sell false hope that the Jays were still contenders.
    Kindly quote tweet where you (or any) Jays fans were saying they should have traded Donaldson last offseason, or even better, the one before that. I guess it was very predictable that Tulo would blow up how ankle running bases, your three best pitchers would all disintegrate, your MVP would fall apart, and your all star closer would become a criminal. Hindsight analysis is fun.

Dobber Sports Master

picked up giles as a depth closer for my playoff run , go jays

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Kindly quote tweet where you (or any) Jays fans were saying they should have traded Donaldson last offseason, or even better, the one before that. I guess it was very predictable that Tulo would blow up how ankle running bases, your three best pitchers would all disintegrate, your MVP would fall apart, and your all star closer would become a criminal. Hindsight analysis is fun.
    I just said it and you just quoted me already.

FWIW, I DO talk to other people in real life, other then on the forums here but I will see if I can scroll back through the 132 pages of this thread to appease you when I get the time to see if I can find it here too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

From a business side of things, it can make sense. He puts asses in seats and that's what ownership wants.

I do agree with you though that it is something they should seriously look at for the future of the franchise. He's one of their better bargaining chips and without moving someone young and under control for years, makes the most sense to move.
    From October 6th 2017, I was replying to eyemissgilmour's post:

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I agree with Zaun 100% on this one. This team has too many holes, their window closed last season, and this off season is the time to explore a package for Donaldson.
    If they are thinking about managing their assets properly, think about replenishing the system so that when guys like Bichette and Guerrero are ready, you are not looking at a 35 year old Donaldson on the corner with wonky knees and fading power at the plate.

No realistic fan can say this team is contending over the next 3 seasons, so signing Donaldson (for the kind of money he will command) makes zero sense.
    We good?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Man don't quote Damien Cox lol I can't believe you even follow that guy. He's captain hindsight and such a hack of a journalist it's absurd.

That being said, I do know that some fans were calling for this team to just completely blow up the team following last season. I'd say two years ago, most people were saying that Osuna and Sanchez were the only big league players they deemed to be untouchable, but after last season I know some people that were pushing to trade Osuna while his value was still pretty high.

But rataylor makes a good point. Nobody could have possibly predicted just HOW bad this season got. It was like everything that could go wrong, did go wrong in May/June.

What a game last night though. I know it's a relatively meaningless game but I think it's pretty important for the team to win some big games like this in September, when you have all the young kids with the ball club getting big league experience. Some huge at bats last night from the youngsters. Really encouraging to see. Hope it's a sign of big things to come!
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Titan

That game was a big loss for Tampa, 6.5GB in the wildcard.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    That game was a big loss for Tampa, 6.5GB in the wildcard.
    I loved it.... Rather Oakland in there anyway!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Sorry, just seeing this now... I honestly have no idea why we wouldn't be. Cheers.
    I wasn't referring to you when I said that. I had found my quote about Donaldson and how the Jays should trade him a while back and was pointing out that I had in fact mentioned it. The "we good" part was posed to the person who doubted that anyone had even mentioned trading JD before the crap blew up.

Yes, you and I are good.

Dobber Sports Deity

I don't know much about him either but he seems to have a decent background and was definitely working his way up the ladder towards getting his first full-time gig. It will be interesting to see how much he delves into getting to know the minors players, seeing as that was an important feature that the GM/Prez wanted in a new hire. Someone who looked beyond the lineup in front of him and was aware what was coming up the system as well.

To be honest, I am not a Gibby fan so anyone would have been better in my eyes. Gibby was great in front of the mic and gave great interviews but I thought his decisions on the field were usually poor. A new perspective could really change things.

Dobber Sports Titan

Things I heard about this guy:
    -Coached Vlads dad in AA years ago
    -First guy the Rays organization hired on their own
    -Into analytics
    -Has a sense of humour
    -He used to play baseball, but never really got anywhere like Gibby
    -Was brought to America by the same guy that brought Bautista to America
    -Didn't know English until he went to college and worked hard to get where he is
    -Every Ex-Ray loves the guy, or won't say something bad about him.

Honestly, this guy has 1 real job, develop Vlad into a superstar. If he isn't a superstar, this team is 10yrs away from a playoff berth, not 5.

Dobber Sports Deity

Hopefully he's not your typical AL East manager. The whole "hitting for extra base hits/homers" typical AL East systems wont get your past the Red Sox and Yankees.

I would have love to have seen a NL type of manager come in. One that will look for speed to generate runs instead of just pounding the ball. Hit and run types of plays.

I guess we will find out.

Dobber Sports Titan

Hopefully he's not your typical AL East manager. The whole "hitting for extra base hits/homers" typical AL East systems wont get your past the Red Sox and Yankees.

I would have love to have seen a NL type of manager come in. One that will look for speed to generate runs instead of just pounding the ball. Hit and run types of plays.

I guess we will find out.
    Jays ain't beating them anytime soon anyways. This guy was hired as a long haul possibility, but he's gotta just be focused on development.

Screw production right now really, develop develop develop.

If he's into advanced stats though, I would think he's more into hitting for RBIs, not HR. I'm looking at what the Rays did last yr, which seemed to be a combination of speed and power, looking for guys who turn long singles into doubles and such.

Dobber Sports Deity

I realize they aren't going to beat them anytime soon due to the Jays rebuilding, but if the same AL East managing mentality is there like it was with Gibby, then they Jays are just spinning their wheels. I'd much rather see them acquire players who hit for average compared to hitting for power. A bit of both would be dandy. Not easy to do I know, but that is what they should be trying to do IMO.

Dobber Sports Titan

It's easier to find HR guys and hope the average works itself out than the reverse on the open market. I hope too Toronto turns into a more of an average/doubles type of team, but HR gets you the wins in the division. Over the next 3yrs tho, I really hope they develop speed and average, then add that one piece to the team that makes guys on base with him up to bat scary. A 40HR bat in the lineup makes everyone in front of him better.

Stroman, and Pillar should be eventually dealt in this upcoming season or at the winter meetings. Sanchez....I don't know about him. That blister and such is killing him. He just needs to get past that speed bump and he's ridiculous. Stroman....I can't stand his mentality right now. He's a team guy for sure, but he doesn't really care who he plays for. He's 100% gonna chase money. His brand takes over his life more than a team though. He knows if he goes to a New York or California HDMH is gonna explode. I don't deny his dedication to the sport, but I always question when a baseball player hits the DL and goes to their house in Tampa to rest instead of sticking around the team. I just feel like that can't be great on team mentality. And Stroman does it every time he hits the DL (I'll excuse the blown knee injury, that 100% makes sense him leaving because he got his degree too, total respect on that move)

The hitting for average and doubles and not having a HR guy can be shown with Boston last yr vs this yr.