Page 245 of 310 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 255 295 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 4638

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Dolis isn't a setup man since he's come back from the IL.

MLB will suspend players (with pay) for 10 games if they are caught with a foreign substance. I'm surprised that it's happening. Take a look at Cole, Bauer, Darvish, all of the Dodgers guys, and other pitchers across the league become human again.

For Jays pitchers, I think Chatwood has been pictured with pine tar/FS on his hat brim. So maybe he stopped using it recently and that's the reason his accuracy is no where to be found?
    It will be very interesting to see who is targeted / caught first.

Dobber Sports Titan

Well it's official, MLB puts out the official statement on penalizing foreign substance users

Auto-ejection, 10 game suspension (which is like 2 starts for starters) with escalating penalties for repeat offenders starting June 21st (next Monday). Plus the team can't replace the player on the roster, so they play a roster man down for the length of the suspension. Part of the memo was advising players to not use sunscreen during night games or Domed games. Which is hilarious to me because someone wearing sunscreen during a night game should be an instant red flag because it's like wearing a ski-mask (pre-covid) to go to the bank.

Should be interesting when it comes to teams because it's pretty obvious Cole, Bauer, Darvish, and Woodruff are all using excessive substances, and how it effects them all. Across the board, maybe it bumps numbers 10% but Cole and Bauer it could effect them by 25%+ (2.75ERA -> 3.44ERA)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

And now Tyler Glasnow becomes the first self-proclaimed victim of "StickyGate" as he basically blames the League in his UCL injury.

https://twitter.com/GraceRemiWTSP/st...22674254598148
    16 Team H2H Yahoo Keeper League; 30 men roster (and 20 combined IR; IR+; 5 NA spots)
    Starters: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 2D, 4UTIL, 1G (2 starts per week required)
    Categories: G; A; P; +-; PPP; SHP; GWG; SOG, FOW, HIT / W; L; GAA; SV%; SHO

C: Barkov, Horvat, Cirelli (RW), Mercer (RW), Newhook (LW), A. Lowry, Hayton (LW), Dowd (RW), Rossi, Dellandrea (RW), M. Savoie
    LW/RW: A. Svechnikov, Guentzel, J. Robertson, E. Kane, Batherson, Bjorkstrand, Jarvis, Lehkonen, C. Brown, Vatrano, Peterka, Chinakhov, Balcers, Raddysh, Marchenko, Soderblom, Barabanov, Ohgren
    D: Seider, Dahlin, Heiskanen, Liljegren
    G: Hellebuyck, Saros, Ullmark, Wolf, Annunen

Dobber Sports Deity

Not going to lie, owning a Blue Jays starter is tough these days, even Ryu, with the way the bullpen keepers blowing leads. I was watching the game last night and watched Castro come in the 7th and Ryu handing him a two run lead, only to watch Castro give it all back. I stopped watching the game after Castro threw that wild pitch to allow the tying run walk across the plate.

I don't even know if the Jays won or lost the game as I type this but man it's frustrating to watch these days.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Not going to lie, owning a Blue Jays starter is tough these days, even Ryu, with the way the bullpen keepers blowing leads. I was watching the game last night and watched Castro come in the 7th and Ryu handing him a two run lead, only to watch Castro give it all back. I stopped watching the game after Castro threw that wild pitch to allow the tying run walk across the plate.

I don't even know if the Jays won or lost the game as I type this but man it's frustrating to watch these days.
    They lost. Montoya used Romano in the 8th for outs 2 and 3 and put Chatwood out in the 9th. He used the closer for 2outs, and he only threw 9pitches.

Montoya out again getting upset about BP questions even swearing during the answer this time saying he's getting the same questions day after day. But dude, you put yourself into this situation. You pull your starters early, you use your BP to an exhausting state, and use guys weirdly, day after day.

Jays need another BP arm or two. Edwards Jr went down with an injury last night too. Yates, Merryweather, Phelps, Edwards Jr, and there was some more arms down that I can't remember. Good thing is Merryweather is set to be back late June mid July.

Dobber Sports Deity

Edwards getting hurt probably isn't the worst thing. He's just not trustworthy anyway.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Edwards getting hurt probably isn't the worst thing. He's just not trustworthy anyway.
    Just another arm though they don't have.

At least out of all of this, they've been able to give Castro a bit more responsibility. He's been pretty good. Could see him and Dolis switch roles soon.

Dobber Sports Deity

Castro was all over the road last night. His breaking ball was sloppy and his fastball wasn't much better. He has definitely been more reliable as of late but last night was not a good night for him.

Dobber Sports Titan

Also we don't know who is using sticky stuff which completely changes how guys pitch. Chatwood did pretty well in the 9th last night and I have no idea if it's because he was using sticky stuff for the last time before Monday or has he refound his form.

Dobber Sports Deity

Also we don't know who is using sticky stuff which completely changes how guys pitch. Chatwood did pretty well in the 9th last night and I have no idea if it's because he was using sticky stuff for the last time before Monday or has he refound his form.
    True enough. Pitching will be a bit of a gong show become I'm confident when I say most pitcher's me at likely were using some sort of substance for years now.

Dobber Sports Titan

True enough. Pitching will be a bit of a gong show become I'm confident when I say most pitcher's me at likely were using some sort of substance for years now.
    100% agree. Chatwood had pictures of under his hat brim that would suggest foreign substances, so he could have just taken 2 weeks to learn how to throw again without it. Could be fine now, could have just been an incredibly lucky outing lol.

Pitching between now and mid July is gonna be weird.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by townghost View Post
    And now Tyler Glasnow becomes the first self-proclaimed victim of "StickyGate" as he basically blames the League in his UCL injury.

https://twitter.com/GraceRemiWTSP/st...22674254598148
    I mean he makes some great points. Everyone knew this was going on and to make such a drastic change almost halfway through a season is almost unprecedented.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Pitching between now and mid July is gonna be weird.
    And I imagine injuries will continue to go up even more.

The Jays need to make a bullpen add if they plan on competing this year. Get out ahead of other teams and just do it.

Dobber Sports Titan

Glasnow, Wainwright, Bieber, Pineda, Scherzer were all hurt over the last 48hrs and all are in the top rankings of spin rate spikes over the last couple of yrs.

If Bauer and Cole get hit with an injury between now and Monday, people are gonna freakout.

Dobber Sports Deity

Glasnow actually blamed his injury on the fact he had to change his pitching due to not being able to "it use" something.

We'll see.