Page 215 of 310 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 225 265 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 4638

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Anyone know where/ how to stream the Jays/ Athletics ALCS game airing tonight? and before people say login I don't have a tv provider to sign up for the free trial of Sportsnet Now

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The Jays will play their division rivals — the Yankees, Red Sox, Rays and Orioles — 10 times apiece for a total of 40 games.The other 20 games will be against the National League East, with each team playing their “natural rival” six times.
    Since the Jays are in a split rivalry — the Braves in odd-numbered years and the Phillies in even-numbered — they’re expected to get Philadelphia for six games, with the remaining 14 games split up between the Mets, Nationals, Braves and Marlins.
    Why wouldn't they just play each team from the other League 4 times. 2 at home and 2 on the road.

5 teams X 4 games = 20 games... That is just the simplistic way for me to come up with a schedule.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

TORONTO -- A number of Toronto Blue Jays players and staff have tested positive for COVID-19,
    https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/multiple-...d-19-1.4998325
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I can't see MLB happening with all of these positive coming. Not looking good.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I can't see MLB happening with all of these positive coming. Not looking good.
    Every sport is going to have large spikes in positive tests. And this is actually a pretty good picture of what is happening in the world. A lot of asymptomatic positive test in people. Which is likely across the world. I don't think positive tests in athletes coming to the practice facility will shut it down. I think positive tests once they've been "isolated" for a few days might.

I wonder if a stat will come out where they can draw lines from the results of tests in professional athletes to the whole population. AKA, 1,000 athletes tested, 10% came in positive, 3% of the tested were symptomatic. So you could draw a line to the population of NA of "likely 7% of the population has it, and doesn't know"

As for the Jays home field, the MLB has submitted a plan to the Canadian gov't to have games in Toronto. If it's rejected, the backup plan is likely Dunedin.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...-amid-pandemic
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

Did anybody happen to watch some of the inter-squad game ? I think it was from a couple days ago, but I watched it on youtube yesterday.

Eery/weird is the only way I can describe it.

The simulated crowd noise is a necessary, nice touch, but it seems out of sync or too random.

I think I'm concerned that lack of actual fans in the stands is going to make me realize how truly boring sports can be. Maybe they've been a complete farce for decades. Who knows. Hope not.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Did anybody happen to watch some of the inter-squad game ? I think it was from a couple days ago, but I watched it on youtube yesterday.

Eery/weird is the only way I can describe it.

The simulated crowd noise is a necessary, nice touch, but it seems out of sync or too random.

I think I'm concerned that lack of actual fans in the stands is going to make me realize how truly boring sports can be. Maybe they've been a complete farce for decades. Who knows. Hope not.
    My path with baseball is this.

Will watch prolly every Jays game July 24th-July 27th, July 28th I'm watching the Leafs, July 29th-July 31st I'm watching the Jays, then it's NBA and Hockey from then on. So I won't mind the weirdness of lack of atmosphere for the 7 days.

Let's be real here, this is likely 75% of their fan base thought too. With the amount of day NHL and NBA games ahead of us, it's not even like we'll be watching the Jays fully if they're on in the afternoon.

Dobber Sports Titan

Cool little Jose Bautista appreciation video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo-kjsvgAlE

Dobber Sports Immortal

Pittsburgh it is.

Dobber Sports Titan

Sounds like it's still being worked out and will be figured out within the next 24hrs.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Kudos to the organization for correctly moving Vladdy to 1st and doing it quickly.
    Many were surprised they didn't wait another season to do it, which perplexes me. It was very clear that 3rd was not the right fit for him, so I think it helps his development to get him 1st asap. Why wait?
    Worried he might be disgruntled ? Nobody to take over at 3rd just yet (prospects not ready).
    Not good enough reasons, imo.

Pearson got roughed up a little early, but nice to see him battle it out into a decent appearance. Exciting to see what this kid can do next season.

Dobber Sports Immortal

It'll be Travis Shaw for now. And I assume Vlad will still see time there because they also have Rowdy to fit in.

Dobber Sports Titan

Plan drastically changed when they were able to draft Martin.

When you have Biggio and Bichette locked in as 2B/SS, you want your top prospect to completely fail at 3B before you move him to a much easier position of 1B. You have to be forced to move a guy from 3B to 1B. However, when you have a top prospect tabbed to be your future 3B, it changes things.

Friendly reminder that EE was a 3B at one point, and he failed to the point where it forced him to 1B. That's what the Jays were doing with Vlad. Sometimes those 3B actually end up sticking at 3B, and now you have a top hitter in a premium defensive position.

It's pretty typical what they were doing with Vlad, things just changed when they drafted Martin.

Dobber Sports Titan

Blue Jays rejected to play in Pitts.

Dobber Sports Genius

During the televised Blue Jays intrasquad game last week, the announcers said that Vladdy was given last year to showcase himself at 3B. If they didn't like what they saw, he was going to 1B. He was told before spring training that he was going to 1B because of what they saw last year. He was trim and slim at Dunedin in early March, but has since put a little back on. He's going to have maintain a consistent body mass.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.