Thread: Kadri for Perron & pick

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Kadri for Perron & pick

I appeal to the greater minds of the forums! (That'd be you, sir/madam.)

Pool details in signature - only thing to add is that Kadri is about $3 cheaper than Perron in a $100 salary cap league.

The offer as it stands is:

My Kadri
    for
    his Perron (LW/RW eligible) and a 2015 2nd round pick (equivalent to an NHL entry draft pick in the mid to late 20s)

Pros to doing this (that I see):
    1) Clears the C logjam I have
    2) Fills up RW a bit
    3) Nets an extra pick (having trouble remembering how deep the 2015 draft is supposed to be but it could be useful as another trading chip)

Cons:
    1) I think I'm giving up the better player in Kadri (both are 50-point players but Kadri has better peripherals in my pool format, is younger & cheaper)
    2) Perron's a Band-Aid Boy of near historic proportions...though he's been stable lately.

I'm torn on this. What say you?
    Last edited by Sherpa; July 17, 2014 at 4:30 PM. Reason: Acknowledging Perron's been healthy for 1.5 seasons, as noted by Axeman
    14-team Keeper w/custom salary cap
    Keep btw 12-14, excl. Minors
    Skater cats (weight): G (1.75), A (1.75), +/- (0.75), Hits (0.75), BS (0.75)
    Goalie cats: W (0.25), GAA (1.00), SV% (1.00)

C : Colton Jenner Frost Novak ---Rossi Cooley MSavoie Fantilli Carlsson Yager
    LW: Caufield Fiala Hagel Nichushkin ---Musty
    RW: Tippett Necas Brink Kakko ---Yurov Lysell Stankoven ECowan Lekkerimaki
    D : Theodore Seider Chabot Gostisbehere Liljegren Carlo ---Edvinsson
    G : Montembault Hart ---Commesso Augustine
    Bench/IR: Zellweger Fehervary

2024 entry draft picks: 3 1sts
    2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd
    Fantrax IHL Champion: 2018/19, 2015/16, 2011/12

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Kadri for Perron & pick

If you can't even use Kadri then I don't see why you wouldn't do this trade to fill a need on the roster. Perron could be a consistent 30-30 guy in EDM if he stays healthy so I rather have him collect points for you instead of having Kadri in a reserve role.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Deity

If this helps your roster, then I dont mind the deal. As far as Perron being a band-aid boy, I like to think he's starting to shed that label. He's only missed a total of 4 games the past two years combined (he played all 48 in the shortened season) so I don't buy the BAB tag anymore.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

I like the Perron side, he's only 26, and he's consistently a threat to score 30 -especially now that he's out of St. Louis.

There are worse ways to clear your positional logjam.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    As far as Perron being a band-aid boy, I like to think he's starting to shed that label. He's only missed a total of 4 games the past two years combined (he played all 48 in the shortened season) so I don't buy the BAB tag anymore.
    Yep. Not quite sure how he is a bandaid boy. I like the deal as well given it helps your roster.

Dobber Sports Stud

Interesting that minor penalties is a negative stat. This makes Perron a bit tougher of a sell as all of his 90 PIMs this season were minor penalties. Hits and BKs are pretty comparable, as is points.

If salary is the main deterrent, just remember Kadri get's re-upped next summer. If Ennis' contract yesterday is any indicator, Kadri will likely be looking for upwards of 5.5M, maybe even 6.

You'll have Perron at 3.8 for two more years, then he'll probably fetch the same type of contract.

All in all, I'd take Perron (as he seems to be of more use to you) and the extra pick. Clear out at logjam at C.

EDIT:

Wait! Custom salary... ok that kind of ruins my biggest point haha.
    Last edited by petegreg21; July 17, 2014 at 4:19 PM. Reason: typo + Additional info

Dobber Sports Genius

For what you are looking for I don't mind the deal, however have you been shopping Kadri or is this a single offer? From another manager you may be able to sell the upside/youth of Kadri for a little more (especially if you have a Leafs diehard, and most pools do!)
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    Interesting that minor penalties is a negative stat. This makes Perron a bit tougher of a sell as all of his 90 PIMs this season were minor penalties. Hits and BKs are pretty comparable, as is points.

If salary is the main deterrent, just remember Kadri get's re-upped next summer. If Ennis' contract yesterday is any indicator, Kadri will likely be looking for upwards of 5.5M, maybe even 6.

You'll have Perron at 3.8 for two more years, then he'll probably fetch the same type of contract.

All in all, I'd take Perron (as he seems to be of more use to you) and the extra pick. Clear out at logjam at C.

EDIT:

Wait! Custom salary... ok that kind of ruins my biggest point haha.
    Yeah...the pool runs strictly on auctioned salaries with a mandatory 10% salary increase if you plan on retaining the player. Perron's current salary level is about right for the production you get. Kadri's a good deal for what you get and therein lies the rub. As with the real NHL, the good players on cheap deals makes you a contender by virtue of having depth.

Thanks for the input, man. Rep coming your way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laendarian View Post
    For what you are looking for I don't mind the deal, however have you been shopping Kadri or is this a single offer? From another manager you may be able to sell the upside/youth of Kadri for a little more (especially if you have a Leafs diehard, and most pools do!)
    Been working that very angle with some tire kickings coming as a result. Nothing serious yet other than the posted offer above.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think I would keep Kadri. Perron is a dumb penalty machine, and I'm not certain he has much more to give you, whereas Kadri has another gear to his game.

Banned

I think you can get more for Kadri, though I like your idea of dealing a C for a RW
    Maybe if you got a better pick this could work but as it stands I'd keep Kadri and shop him around

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    I think you can get more for Kadri, though I like your idea of dealing a C for a RW
    Maybe if you got a better pick this could work but as it stands I'd keep Kadri and shop him around
    Funny you should mention it but the same GM offered an alternate offer of:

My Kadri + my 2015 3rd round pick (equivalent to a mid-2nd round pick in NHL entry draft)
    for
    His Perron & 11th overall pick in 2014 entry draft

I have no issues losing the 3rd...is this an improvement though given the change in the draft year?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I like the deal for you, it looks like you need help on the wings and I agree, Perron can be a 30-30 player.

The Leafs history of developing prospects is horrible. Maybe someone can help remind me of someone they drafted and developed well over the last 10 years? Let's not count Rielly yet...
    I hope Kadri can make it out of the leaf pit but playing for Carlyle might make it tougher.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by SittingRed View Post
    I like the deal for you, it looks like you need help on the wings and I agree, Perron can be a 30-30 player.

The Leafs history of developing prospects is horrible. Maybe someone can help remind me of someone they drafted and developed well over the last 10 years? Let's not count Rielly yet...
    I hope Kadri can make it out of the leaf pit but playing for Carlyle might make it tougher.
    Great point. Out of the whole main roster right now, the only 3 guys that have been drafted by the Leafs are Kadri, Rielly and Reimer. 3/23 ain't bad...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Seems like this would be a good deal to accept. The pros outweigh the cons easily on this one.

Dobber Sports Star

Since the 2007-2008 season, Perron has missed 96 games due to 1 concussion and he missed 4 games with a strained neck. I understand the concern with the length of time with the concussion, but 2 separate injuries in 7 seasons does not make Perron a "band-aid boy", and he is nowhere near a "band-aid boy of near historic proportions".

Rylant