Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE READ!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default PLEASE READ!

Guys, with some of the stuff going on lately, remember a few things. This is a community who shares a passion for fantasy hockey. We all enjoy coming here as an escape from work and other stuff in life, so lets keep it that way.

If you have a problem with another poster, let me or Dobber know instead of attacking them/their karma level. I love the karma idea and it provides a way to reward good posters and good insight. Don\'t abuse it.

Thirdly, this is a free site. I don\'t know of any sites out there that offer this much advice from \"experts\" that is regular, two-way, and engaging. Dobber busts his ass to keep this site running efficiently, so even if you don\'t buy the stuff you can enjoy the boards and the articles written by us.

So finally, I know we have some strong personalities on the site, but keep the arguments hockey related. It is easy to start using personal attacks, but keep that stuff for HFBoards or wherever else you post. Lets keep these boards clean (to an extent ) and fun.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Stud

Default PLEASE READ!

well said, i gave you a karma.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default PLEASE READ!

I agree Angus. I would HATE to see this great site deteriorate to the level of another (HF) site (BOARDS) that is notorious for juvenile behavior.
    Today is the tomorrow I worried about yesterday.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default PLEASE READ!

Apart from all of the solid insight and advice that everyone provides for one another - one of the most amazing and impressive things about this site is how there is such little BS and how most agree the BS shouldn\'t be tolerated.

Moderators shouldn\'t have to be babysitters, so let\'s keep it real fellas.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default PLEASE READ!

Aye, I like these boards free of personal attacks. Little nudges and whatnot are usually just part of an argument, but some people cross the line here and there and I\'d rather they not, to be honest. This board is an excellent source of information, and I wouldn\'t like it if it regressed to the point where every 7th post had meaningful content/discussion....much like some HFboards sections are like.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Expert

Default PLEASE READ!

Well put Angus!

This is the best site I know, period. For many months, I have been coming here problem-free, and I would like to continue that way.

For my part, I will make a better effort to turn the other cheek.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default PLEASE READ!

yup, that\'s all it takes. If you think someone is attacking you or your karma levels unfairly, just shoot me an email or do the same to Dobber. We all have a common passion here, we should use it to our advantage.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

I...am your father.

Default PLEASE READ!

Couldn\'t have said it better myself
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default PLEASE READ!

Seeds of Grapes wrote:
    Well put Angus!

This is the best site I know, period. For many months, I have been coming here problem-free, and I would like to continue that way.

For my part, I will make a better effort to turn the other cheek.
    Same here. Let\'s keep the good vibes going.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default PLEASE READ!

angus wrote:
    Guys, with some of the stuff going on lately, remember a few things. This is a community who shares a passion for fantasy hockey. We all enjoy coming here as an escape from work and other stuff in life, so lets keep it that way.

If you have a problem with another poster, let me or Dobber know instead of attacking them/their karma level. I love the karma idea and it provides a way to reward good posters and good insight. Don\'t abuse it.

Thirdly, this is a free site. I don\'t know of any sites out there that offer this much advice from \"experts\" that is regular, two-way, and engaging. Dobber busts his ass to keep this site running efficiently, so even if you don\'t buy the stuff you can enjoy the boards and the articles written by us.

So finally, I know we have some strong personalities on the site, but keep the arguments hockey related. It is easy to start using personal attacks, but keep that stuff for HFBoards or wherever else you post. Lets keep these boards clean (to an extent ) and fun.
    I agree with what you say. However, when someone does make an \"out-of-place-post\" he will probably get his karma slammed by multiple people, which is much better then a personal attack, IMO. The fact that the karma of a poster shrinks does not necessarily indicate it is being \"camped\" by a single user.

Just wanted to point that out.

Back to hockey,

Banned

Default PLEASE READ!

well not that I really give a damn but the karma poachers have been doing a number on me the past two days...my karma\'s gon from 37 to 26. And the doubly interesting thing is that I\'ve been traveling the last 2 days so I\'ve only made a post or two from my phone and they were short and sweet. So I may be wrong but that to me seems like the work of a petty few.

Like other posters have noted, I really don\'t care if I go all the way down to -200 karma, I subscribe to far more important criteria to determine my self-worth But as someone else noted, karma is a nice feature (like a pat on the back) and it can really help our new members get a feel for who has offered sage advice in the past. I can count on one hand th number of times I dish out negative karma and its has NEVER been based on a petty argument, only upon the quality of their post/advice.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default PLEASE READ!

yea comon i was at -7 seven just cuz i was pissed off that 30 people sent me emails with their names lol

I...am your father.

Default PLEASE READ!

I believe that you can only ding one Karma every three hours. For you to drop by 11 would have to mean that either two obsessed people are doing it, or 8-10 different people have dinged you one...and one person has dinged you two or three. The latter is the more likely of the two.
    I\'ll throw you a few.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Novice

Default PLEASE READ!

Actually Dobber, I think it\'s one karma every 6 hours, but everything else you and le gros Angus said rings very true.

As to \"karma\" it seems pretty peripheral to me. Never had any and I could care less.
    In fact, I didn\'t even know how it worked til yesterday.

It seems to me that if you go through hockey pool life saying things that please people, you will accumulate lots of positive karma here.

But, if you express views that are controversial though possibly accurate
    (eg \"Mats Sundin should do exactly as he likes in picking his next team, even if his choice is to go to Montreal where he would find a team ideally suited to him.
    He fulfilled his contract obligations to Toronto, and beyond that poured his heart into a dismally mis-managed situation for 13 long years.
    If certain fans of the Leafs have a problem with that, that\'s their psychological denting, not his\".),
    then the fringe is quite likely to go to work on you and your karma points.

This you should wear as a badge of honour, not cringe from or regret.
    rattus rattus

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default PLEASE READ!

praba wrote:
    yea comon i was at -7 seven just cuz i was pissed off that 30 people sent me emails with their names lol
    Praba, in a 30 GM draft if you piss off 23 GMs, you go from 16 to -7. Very simple.

And it won\'t all come at once because not everyone is on at the same time.

Btw, I think it was a repetition weird posts that got you those smites from everyone. Once your weird posts stopped (and every one had time to read them), you stopped losing karma, see the link?

Anyway, its over and everything is fine now.

To mister_mcgoo:
    Like I was saying to Praba, it can take a while for people to read your posts. This should make all of us realize that if we post some outlandish message, it might be a good idea to delete it before too many read it.