Thread: Line-up Analysis

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Line-up Analysis

I just wanna ask people how they like my team. First yr following baseball and I’m currently sitting in 4th out of 10 teams. I drafted for power, and as of late the bats have kinda cooled off. If I win, I’ll win 6-5, and if I lose I lose 6-5. My team puts up a fight night in and night out, but other teams get smoked so 1st-3rd placed teams are destroying.

Couple of trades I did:
    I gave I got
    Fernando Rondey – RP
    Round 12 pick
    Samardzja – SP
    Round 19 pick
    Garrett Jones
    Brad Miller
    Bumgarner
    Altuve
    Alvarez
    Anibal Sanchez - SP

So here’s my team:
    Pos
    Batters
    Pos
    Pitchers
    C Stephen Vogt Oak - C,OF SP José Quintana CWS - SP
    1B Justin Morneau Col - 1B SP Chris Young Sea - SP
    2B Matt Carpenter StL - 2B,3B SP Anibal Sánchez Det - SP
    3B Josh Donaldson Oak - 3B RP Rafael Soriano Was - RP
    SS Hanley Ramírez LAD - SS RP Steve Cishek Mia - RP
    OF Michael Brantley Cle - OF P Jeff Samardzija Oak - SP
    OF Giancarlo Stanton Mia - OF P Jordan Zimmermann Was - SP
    OF Khris Davis Mil - OF P Joe Kelly StL - SP,RP
    OF Ryan Braun Mil - OF BN Homer Bailey Cin - SP
    Util Steve Pearce Bal - 1B,OF BN Kyle Lohse Mil - SP
    Util José Altuve Hou - 2B DL Cliff Lee Phi - SP
    BN Pedro Álvarez Pit - 3B NA Andrew Heaney Mia - SP
    BN Xander Bogaerts Bos - 3B,SS
    DL Mark Trumbo Ari - 1B,OF

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Line-up Analysis

That’s the only trades I have done btw. The Samardzja one was about 3 weeks ago, so before he was traded, but during the trade talk. The Altuve one was done I think 3 weeks into the season, I was upset with Bumgarner, and kinda spaced on how short the season is, but I got lucky with Altuve being so good.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

In a 10 team league this team looks kind of weak. Getting Lee and Trumbo back should help, though. Keeping bench bats is rarely a good idea, and starting a 2B in the UTIL spot is just throwing production away.

I would try to package Pearce (due for mega regression), Altuve/Carpenter, and Alvarez for a decent UTIL. Oh and there must be a better C on the waiver wire than Vogt. You could also likely stand to replace some SP with RPs, usually you want your pitcher slots full of RPs and swap out SPs when they start (unless you are doing weekly starts).

Dobber Sports Titan

Not to sound “b#tchy” but
    Starting 3rd base for me is 6th best 3rd base eligible player
    Starting 2nd base is projected 4th best 2nd base eligible player
    And starting at utl is the best 2b eligible player, and 15th overall player.
    (I only say 3rd base because I can move Altuze to 2nd, and Carpenter to 3rd and Donaldson to utl if having a 3rd baseman start changes anything)

I do need work at catcher, but I had McCann, but he was terrible and his 0/12 batting stretches were killing my average so I dropped him. I had Norris, but he only sometimes catches. If I see it in time ill usually drop Vogt for Norris if the other is starting

We have an innings pitch minimum to reach (50) so starting more SP is a major “have-to” because I wouldn’t be able to hit that mark with RPs.

Dobber Sports Titan

Not to sound “b#tchy” but
    Starting 3rd base for me is 6th best 3rd base eligible player
    Starting 2nd base is projected 4th best 2nd base eligible player
    And starting at utl is the best 2b eligible player, and 15th overall player.
    (I only say 3rd base because I can move Altuze to 2nd, and Carpenter to 3rd and Donaldson to utl if having a 3rd baseman start changes anything)

I do need work at catcher, but I had McCann, but he was terrible and his 0/12 batting stretches were killing my average so I dropped him. I had Norris, but he only sometimes catches. If I see it in time ill usually drop Vogt for Norris if the other is starting

We have an innings pitch minimum to reach (50) so starting more SP is a major “have-to” because I wouldn’t be able to hit that mark with RPs.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Vogt is on a hot streak and with the injuries/disappointments at the catcher position this season, I'm not surprised that he's on your team. That said, hopefully there is a solid replacement available when the well dries up (because it will) and it seems there is with both McCann and Norris waiting in the wings.

I would look for a solid 1B to upgrade from Morneau and Trumbo who are streaky and injury risks. You appear to have plenty of depth in the outfield to deal from, so I would shop Braun or Stanton for some help.

All the other infield positions are set and you would just be playing musical chairs with other guys. Altuve, Donaldson, Hanley with Carpenter's multi eligibility is about as good of a 2B, 3B, SS group you could ask for in a 10-team league this season.

As far as pitching goes, Joe Kelly and Chris Young can be easily replaced in a 10 team league. I would be interested to know who else is available on the wire. A third closer would help if saves is a category because you may be hurting come playoff time when you really need to stay competitive in every category to stay alive in head-to-head matchups.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H Keep 5 G, A, PPP, FOW, SOG, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,F,F,D,D,D,D,G,G,BN,BN,BN,BN,BN,IR+ ,IR+
    Keepers:
    Makar, J. Hughes, T. Meier, K. Connor, Ovechkin