Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is The NHL Finished With Mike Ribeiro?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Is The NHL Finished With Mike Ribeiro?

Some incriminating details have surfaced in the aftermath of Mike Ribeiro's buyout in Arizona. Is it enough to keep him from landing with another team in the league?

http://thehockeywriters.com/is-the-n...-mike-ribeiro/

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Is The NHL Finished With Mike Ribeiro?

I really hope this guy can get his house in order; he's clearly having a tough time with these "personal issues." He seems like a decent enough person, just struggling with stuff. Pretty human experience. We can all relate to Mike Ribeiro.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Ninja

Maybe this will be a wake up call for him, but somehow I really doubt it.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I really hope this guy can get his house in order; he's clearly having a tough time with these "personal issues." He seems like a decent enough person, just struggling with stuff. Pretty human experience. We can all relate to Mike Ribeiro.
    Well said. I couldn't agree more.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Nice piece.
    Ribs has always struck me as a bit of a b!tch... and part of probably 10 NHL players I straight loathe.
    But his talent is there.

With Mike Fisher going down... Nashville (and it's new feel) has to be considering whether Ribs would fit there.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I know I've brought this up in regards to the hockey writers before, but I guess I'll do it again.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bette...w_of_headlines

Sensationalist headlines is a staple on the hockey writers website and it's not a good one. Keep that in mind for the future.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    I know I've brought this up in regards to the hockey writers before, but I guess I'll do it again.

Sensationalist headlines is a staple on the hockey writers website and it's not a good one. Keep that in mind for the future.
    I'm numb to it in the online media. It's rampant. Not a good thing of course, but a reality.

Dobber Sports Sage

I don't mind the sensational headlines but I don't care for writers who just come here to post links to their articles without ever joining discussions and offering insight.

I did find this article interesting. And as a Neal and Ribiero owner, mark me down as hoping it happens in Nashville.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Superstar

somebody is going to sign him to a one year contract. Bad boys still go to EDM ? they could use a centre, but is it worth the cost?
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I don't mind the sensational headlines but I don't care for writers who just come here to post links to their articles without ever joining discussions and offering insight.

I did find this article interesting. And as a Neal and Ribiero owner, mark me down as hoping it happens in Nashville.
    I sincerely hope you don't view me as that type. I feel I contribute to discussions. If you feel different, though, please let me know so I can fix it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ASquared View Post
    I sincerely hope you don't view me as that type. I feel I contribute to discussions. If you feel different, though, please let me know so I can fix it.
    You do respond well in the threads that you post, but all of them are links to your own articles at another website. I went back and looked at your posting history and I couldn't find a single other post that was related to actual fantasy hockey - they were all discussions on your own articles.

I mean, whatever you want to do is fine by me, but you should engage in the fantasy hockey side of things more if you have time. You might find you really enjoy it, and since you obviously watch a lot of hockey, perhaps you'll be able to contribute to others who have questions.

Just a thought.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    You do respond well in the threads that you post, but all of them are links to your own articles at another website. I went back and looked at your posting history and I couldn't find a single other post that was related to actual fantasy hockey - they were all discussions on your own articles.

I mean, whatever you want to do is fine by me, but you should engage in the fantasy hockey side of things more if you have time. You might find you really enjoy it, and since you obviously watch a lot of hockey, perhaps you'll be able to contribute to others who have questions.

Just a thought.
    Certainly. I appreciate you pointing that out. And while time is an issue most of the time, I will definitely make an effort to join other discussions.

Dobber Sports Star

I never heard of that befere. Nice little bit of reading there Dakkster. Thanks for that.

As for Ribeiro, I think he still as the talent to play in the NHL. Someone will probably offer him a cheap contract somewhere.
    Weekly H2H points only (Year 9 - 2015-16)
    12 teams limited keeper (keep 6 + 1 Rookie)
    13 round draft - Unlimited Trades - No Waivers - No IR
    4 Team Playoffs (last 2 reg. season weeks)
    Rookies are 23 years old or younger in the draft year and never reached 60pts (forward), 40pts (defense), 25 wins (goalie)

Start : C RW LW Utility D D G

C - S.Stamkos, J.Thornton, K.Turris, D.Stepan
    LW - O.Palat, B.Saad, A.Burakovsky
    RW - B.Wheeler, T.Toffoli, C.Atkinson
    D - E.Karlsson, S.Gostisbehere, C.Fowler, A.Ekblad, A.Larsson
    G - C.Hellebuyck, D.Dubnyk, A.Niemi, K.Lehtonen

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by ASquared View Post
    Sorry, I see how my post could have been interpreted that way and that was not my intention. I didn't even think you wrote the original article. There's some other writer from The Hockey Writers that just comes here to post his article links but never contributes to anything else.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

I don't mean to nitpick.

But this sentence should say "Sensationalist headlines are a staple on the hockey writers website and it's not a good one"................"headlines" was pluralized.

Let's keep this in mind in the future Dakk