Thread: Peters/Murray

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Peters/Murray

Hey Dobberites. Trying to decide between taking Justin Peters or Matt Murray in our 1 round waiver draft.

Peters will most likely backup Holtby this year, giving Grubauer 1-2 more years to develop in AHL under new goalie coach. Matt Murray is starting to look like he could battle Jarry for the future Pens #1 spot. Peters, IMO, will get some decent spot starts throughout the year and could be nice trade chip to the Holtby owner....

Any thoughts are welcomed, i'm OTC now and have another 6+ hours. Thanks for responses in advance!

GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Barkov, Malkin, Nielsen, Zibanejad
    LW: Lucic, Benn, Tatar, Fleischmann
    RW: Johansen, Tarasenko, Downie, Perron
    D: Doughty, Chara, Yandle, Edler, Seidenberg, Brodin, Wideman, Kulikov, Robidas
    G: Niemi, Nabokov, Mason, Emery, Reimer

Farm: Lazar, Nieto, Pulkkinen, Compher, Fiala, Vrana, Barber, Pastrnak, Larkin, McCann, Rattie, Rakell, Salomaki, Connelly, Keranen, Clendening, Borowiecki, Matheson, de Haan, Carrick, Gillies, Nilsson-KHL, Dansk, Stalock

Picks Owned:
    2015: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Peters/Murray

Peters has already shown he can put up pretty solid numbers at the NHL level and is signed and ready to push for starts. Murray has not even really cracked the AHL level, so I'd rather take Peters (and did in one of my leagues)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

That's what I was thinking as well, and in my league age doesn't matter for farm. As long as Peters is under 50 games played to start the season, he's farm eligible for streaming for the entire year... So I can send him down and leave him on farm team and call him up on the same day he starts.

Good call doulos!

GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Barkov, Malkin, Nielsen, Zibanejad
    LW: Lucic, Benn, Tatar, Fleischmann
    RW: Johansen, Tarasenko, Downie, Perron
    D: Doughty, Chara, Yandle, Edler, Seidenberg, Brodin, Wideman, Kulikov, Robidas
    G: Niemi, Nabokov, Mason, Emery, Reimer

Farm: Lazar, Nieto, Pulkkinen, Compher, Fiala, Vrana, Barber, Pastrnak, Larkin, McCann, Rattie, Rakell, Salomaki, Connelly, Keranen, Clendening, Borowiecki, Matheson, de Haan, Carrick, Gillies, Nilsson-KHL, Dansk, Stalock

Picks Owned:
    2015: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd

The Great One

Peters is the safer pick for me right now - he has an NHL job and has shown he can play so would think Grubauer will be down for the year.... Murray won't be either and no guarantee that he will be up next year either

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Peters is the better option. A pretty good goalie that was stuck in a bad situation. I thought he'd have his shot this last season but Khudobin shut that door.
    With Washington bringing in Mitch Korn, the goalie coach that was behind the Nashville goalie successes, Peters has hope. Korn will have a lot of say with the goalies in Washington and if he wanted to bring in Peters you should give it some attention.

Administrator

Depth chart ranking is so important with goalies. Peters for me.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust